: I have am a new member and have a '91 STS

STSOnly
07-02-04, 07:41 PM
Hi. I've been registered here for a small amount of time, but never really posted anything. I must say that I have learned a lot about cars in general from reading a lot of everyone's posts. This has saved me a lot of money as I've been servicing my car by myself instead of taking it to the go old dealership or a high priced mechanic. You guys have saved me thousands of dollars. Thanks.

BTW, I currently own a 1991 Seville STS. I used to have a '96 Concours with the Northstar engine, but I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. The engine was roo expensive.

My '91 STS is polo green and has almost 170k miles on it. I bought it a week ago and did a lot of work to it such as spark plug wires replacement, air filter replacement, air cleaner mounting gasket replacement, coolant flush, brake fluid flush, brake hoses replacement, serpentine belt replacement, oxygen sensors replacement, pcv valve replacement, changed engine oil & filter, engine oil pan gasket replacement, tranny oil flush, tranny gasket & filter replacement, tranny auxiliary hoses replacement, and engine oil auxiliary hoses replacement. Next up I'll be putting new brake pads on it, a new stereo, some new speakers, and some chrome wheels.

However, I'm having a hard time and need help on removing the old spark plugs, removing the fuel filter, removing the EGR valve and gasket, cleaning out the throttle body bores, and some other stuff that I'm sure may be easy to a number of people on here.

If you can help, please go to:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16122 (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16122)

Thanks to Joe Sixpack for his reply to my post and thanks in advance to anyone else there after. Your help is very appreciated.

Thanks to the creator (s) of this site and all of the users on here. Without this site and any of you, I would have been forced to pay thousands of dollars in labor costs to some high priced mechanic:) :) :) :)

LacSeville
07-02-04, 10:46 PM
welcome bro! there a few of us 91 seville 4.9ers around here! only a select and distinguished few of sts owners though. (yeh, i'm envious of you and the others!) your car looks great. :coolgleam welcome!

CADDYBLACK99
07-02-04, 11:58 PM
Thanks for the kind words. It means a lot to us to hear that we have been able to help! Nice STS! Good luck with the updates.
:welcome:
Paul