: Anti-wheel hop kit

Z06CADY
07-02-04, 06:32 PM
Has anyone tried the BMR Fab. Anti-wheel Hop Kit????? I saw it online today, and it is only $300.00 Don't care for the color though!

Cal
07-02-04, 06:50 PM
It comes now in red/black/silver. I ordered black. There is a gloss or satin option.

WhiteLightning
07-02-04, 07:59 PM
Hi all,

I am in possession of the kit (black).

It is my weekend project. I am not much of a photo guy, but maybe, maybe, I'll take shots.

WL

Z06CADY
07-02-04, 08:07 PM
I guess I better order up, NOW!

benjet
07-02-04, 09:33 PM
I'm also considering this but may wait for reviews and also the other products they offer to become available.

jspinetto
07-03-04, 02:31 AM
Got the kit today and will be installing it Saturday. I'll take some pictures for you all!

Jonathan

jspinetto
07-03-04, 07:45 PM
WL

I went to go install my BMR kit and I noticed that I only had 2 aluminum bushings. Did your kit have 4 ? I can't belive that BMR screwed up and left two out! :hmm:

WhiteLightning
07-03-04, 08:45 PM
Ok... I had six thingies.

3 pair.

One set of al rings that are pretty large
One set of steel rings that are powder coated
One set of steal caps the same size as the steel rings

It took me a moment to figure out the steel rings on the front go ABOVE the cradle.

Haven't driven the car yet but once I realized there had to be weight on the wheels (or everything was gunna fall on my head) it was a very quick install with air tools. The front bolt (I think... It was one or the other) don't have a solid mount on top. The top mount/nut can spin. Air tools made it easy. When I went to torque the bolts I didn't have then anywhere near tight enough and the thing just spun and spun. Hit it once with the airgun and it was easy to torque.

So its on. And I'm tired. Wonder if it'll work???

Z06CADY
07-04-04, 12:40 AM
We're waiting.......

jspinetto
07-04-04, 03:10 AM
I was missing two of the al rings...... grrrrrrrrrrrrr

WhiteLightning
07-04-04, 02:15 PM
Update-

Installed. RAN IT HARD.

Def more fun. It also felt like the car was a bit more precise on turn in (off brakes onto gas).

Does hop less. First couple miles I had clunking. What? Clunking. I think the various pieces in the rear may have been settling. Under extreme throttle or extreme braking there was a clunk from one side or the other. I plan to throw it up in the air one last time to double check the torques all around.

I may also call in to see what BMR says about the clunking.

I could NOT get it to wheel hop (remember, I dumped the runflats as well). I think I might have had one instance of wheel hop but it was minor. I would suggest two minor additions to the instructions: Advise use of an air gun and another picture of the TOP cradle bushing up front.

If things change, I'll post again... otherwise, back to lurking.

WL

Z06CADY
07-04-04, 03:57 PM
Whitelightning..

Except for the clunk, it sounds like you are you happy with the kit.

Can the install be done on ramps or do you need it higher?

wildwhl
07-04-04, 05:00 PM
WL -

Just a thought/suggestion. It is your rearend with the leaking seal, right?

If so, I wouldn't mention to the dealer that this is an "anti-wheel hop device" but instead something more like a "sway bar" or "track rod" or something to do with handling/cornering/stability, not launching/drag racing/clutch dumps.

I can just see the dealer giving you crap because you've been spinning the rear tires :rant2:

Mine did, even though I did my best to clean out any evidence from the wheel wells, there was still a touch of runflat left in there. There's been no further mention of it by my dealer, as their initial comment (service manager) was "...looks like you've been having a LOT OF FUN!" My answer, "...yes I am, sir. The engineers sure know how to design/build a car for the way I like to drive. Ever notice the performance video footage on the Cadillac website? Lot's of tire smoking going on there...".

He hasn't made any comments since...and I think I'm no harder/easier on the car than anyone on this site. A few semi-power shifts here and there, a few clutch dumps, but mostly having fun in the twisties and just cruising and/or running down the competition on the open road. :want:

WhiteLightning
07-04-04, 10:19 PM
Z06CADY-

Yup, ramps are fine. In fact, I had mine up on stands and had to lower it back down onto ramps (gotta load the suspension).

Wild- Yup. I'll have to be careful. Thought about passing and doing it after the warrenty work. But there is no relation to the bar and the leak. I found the leak before the bar. I'm happy to fight on this one.

WL