: CTS-V may have changed things

Triona
02-09-09, 09:33 AM
For two reasons, I have given up my 2008 C6 Corvette. One is to help GM out and the second is the deals are so good one would be an idiot not to take one if possible.

I had wanted a first-generation CTS-V but did not find a decent one to lease until I was so far down the Corvette road I felt guilty not going through with the deal. After driving the Corvette, I loved it. I began to long for a ZO6. I have found an incredible deal on one.

Friday I drove a new CTS-V with a six speed manual. It was unbelievable. Beautiful, refine, solid, wickedly fast and handled if not better, at least as well as my E46 M3. The Recaro seats are perfect. They are a must in this car.

Now I am in a dilemma which perhaps the Cadillac dealership has solved. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what to do. The dealership's initial offer is probably close to $300 per month for a lease that it needs to be. The salespeople gave me every indication they wanted to move the car. If the attitude continues, the dilemma is solved.

However, if the numbers start to diverge between the two, I will be looking for King Solomon.

It is, the CTS-V, without a doubt the absolute best four-door sedan on the planet!

Razorecko
02-09-09, 10:06 AM
^ how'd you like the stick ? - I have a stick on order and there are very few members who have one so 90% of the reviews are on the auto.

jvp
02-09-09, 02:15 PM
^ how'd you like the stick ? - I have a stick on order and there are very few members who have one so 90% of the reviews are on the auto.

Here's mine (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/1719209-post3.html) from December.

Summary: With slightly wet and cold roads, first gear was completely useless. Second gear starts were required. The clutch was stupidly-stiff with tight take-up, and I stalled the car a couple of times. Very different feel from my Z06's clutch.

Still, the only way to fly, IMHO.

jas

Nutz
02-09-09, 05:21 PM
For two reasons, I have given up my 2008 C6 Corvette. One is to help GM out and the second is the deals are so good one would be an idiot not to take one if possible.

It is, the CTS-V, without a doubt the absolute best four-door sedan on the planet!

Nice first post! Comparative thinking, with rational conclusions. A warm welcome to you sir. :highfive:

:welcome5:

Triona
02-09-09, 05:51 PM
I found it to be very smooth and precise. I quickly got used to the clutch. I believe it is a dual clutch system. I didn't try to heel toe since the salesman was in the car. The car had the chrome pedals. The position of the pedals looked very good.

It was an awesome car. I just got back from test driving my first 2009 ZO6.the others I have driven were all 08's. It was also an awesome car.

I had received pretty good numbers for the ZO6. The numbers for the CTS-V look good also. Again, where is King Solomon?

LITTLEELVISDAN
02-09-09, 06:11 PM
whats the numbers on that 09 Z06? Options? I have been looking at those.

RapidRob
02-09-09, 06:19 PM
Here's mine (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/1719209-post3.html) from December.

Summary: With slightly wet and cold roads, first gear was completely useless. Second gear starts were required. The clutch was stupidly-stiff with tight take-up, and I stalled the car a couple of times. Very different feel from my Z06's clutch.

Still, the only way to fly, IMHO.

jas

Hmmm -odd that Triona didn't find the clutch too stiff, but you did ... ? I've read other accounts about the manual that said it was a very smooth and fast shifting tranny. Maybe it needs breaking in, but, again, Triona didnt mention probs with the new V2 he drove .. ?

Rob

poor-sha
02-09-09, 07:11 PM
I test drove both. It might be more stiff than the stock Z06 clutch but less so than the Exedy dual disk I have in the Z now. It was definitely more stiff than the clutch in my Porsche since I drove that there and back. It also has a more abrupt take-up, I wonder if this is common with dual-disk clutches (the Exedy is like this too).

All that said I went with the manual and this car will be my daily driver including lots of traffic.

HartmanV
02-09-09, 08:41 PM
You found an option to lease for $300/month?:bouncy: How much down, where... I need this option... Tony where are ya, we need to talk.

thebigjimsho
02-09-09, 11:21 PM
hmm...

jvp
02-10-09, 08:41 AM
I've read other accounts about the manual that said it was a very smooth and fast shifting tranny

My comments were directed at the clutch pedal effort, not the transmission shifting effort. The transmission shifted very quickly and smoothly. The clutch pedal, when compared to my Z06 (and every other Corvette I've owned, all with stock clutches) was quite stiff.

I've not driven a ZR1, but I'll bet the clutch effort with the ZR1 is very similar to that of the V. I'm not saying it's bad, per se. Just taught and needed more effort than I'm used to.

jas

thebigjimsho
02-10-09, 06:24 PM
You need to...

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p121/pd9845/squat.jpg