: New V - Initial FG2 pics

urbanski
07-02-04, 03:11 PM
I don't recall seeing many FG2 pics posted. Here's mine.
Remember the Dallas dealer installed them, not the San 'tone guy...so we don't really know what is FG2 and what is not.

More pics to come :D
(yes, i rushed home to post these for you guys) :)
I have the higher res ones if anybody wants them...i shrunk waaaay down to post here.

urbanski
07-02-04, 03:13 PM
the PDI guy said compared to the non-FG2 he's had on the lift...that the black arm coming forward from the rears is WAAY larger...forgive me i don't know what's that's called :)
Said the A-arms looked different, too.
Of course, shocks different all 4 corners.
He thought the metal bar running all the way across in teh back was a different "number" too. I dunno :)
Gurus, it's your turn :)

Cal
07-02-04, 03:16 PM
The FG2 package I received consisted only of the 4 shocks, not other undercarriage parts. Maybe those are new for 2005.

urbanski
07-02-04, 03:17 PM
nother rear shot

urbanski
07-02-04, 03:19 PM
The FG2 package I received consisted only of the 4 shocks, not other undercarriage parts. Maybe those are new for 2005.probably so...mine is the first 2005 in San Antonio....let alone the first FG2. We have no clue :)

globed70
07-02-04, 03:29 PM
the PDI guy said compared to the non-FG2 he's had on the lift...that the black arm coming forward from the rears is WAAY larger...forgive me i don't know what's that's called :)
Said the A-arms looked different, too.
Of course, shocks different all 4 corners.
He thought the metal bar running all the way across in teh back was a different "number" too. I dunno :)
Gurus, it's your turn :)

Perhaps he was thinking of a regular CTS in his comparison, as there has been no information whatsoever that anything has changed between 04 and 05, and the FG2 package is shocks only. :hmm:

b4z
07-02-04, 03:40 PM
urbanski,

Your mufflers are really rusty.

is that normal?

miscreant
07-02-04, 04:21 PM
HEY! WARNING!YOUR FG2 is NOT installed. The shocks in the rear end end with 2922. That's the stock shocks. The FG2 shocks end in 2954!!!!

Again, the factory non-FG2 shocks are part number 25752922, which is what is on your vehicle now!

Also, the FG2 is only front and rear shocks.

ssmith100
07-02-04, 04:55 PM
Miscreant,

You beat me to it. I was looking at the pics and noticed the same thing. You can also tell by the nuts on the end of the shock mounts. There are no nicks or scrapes from the socket or wrenches.

Shane

07-02-04, 05:30 PM
Holy cow! If you are right then not only does the dealer have a public relations problem, but they have a legal problem; it is called "stealing" (and maybe fraud, too...)

dhg

miscreant
07-02-04, 06:16 PM
Holy cow! If you are right then not only does the dealer have a public relations problem, but they have a legal problem; it is called "stealing" (and maybe fraud, too...)

dhg
Well, I wouldn't go that far yet. The car was traded from a Dallas dealer that may have thought they put the FG2 on already. The techs can't tell the difference, the only noticeable difference is the part number, the shocks look identical...

alexWS6
07-02-04, 09:37 PM
probably so...mine is the first 2005 in San Antonio....let alone the first FG2. We have no clue :)
what color did you go with? what side of town are you on?

rabid
07-03-04, 12:12 AM
what color did you go with? ...
I am going out on a limb here, but my guess would be black. Just a guess; I could be completely wrong.;)

miscreant
07-03-04, 12:15 AM
what color did you go with? what side of town are you on?
He went with Black on Black, sunroof, FG2...:shhh:

alexWS6
07-03-04, 12:47 AM
I am going out on a limb here, but my guess would be black. Just a guess; I could be completely wrong.;)

DOH!!! I didnt realize he was the thread starter :drinker

DgtalPimp
07-03-04, 03:01 AM
nother rear shotEmail me the hi res pics and I'll post them on my site (http://63.214.169.210/Dgtal).

Site has been updated.

Dgtal (dgtalpimp@pimpdaddy.com)

Dreamin
07-03-04, 04:47 AM
What is that hose for? I assume it's power-steering fluid, but it looks like it's just looping left and then back right :hmm:

http://zeemr.home.comcast.net/hose.jpg

urbanski
07-03-04, 08:22 AM
anybody see the Nivomats?
Isn't there a Nivomat AND a shock?

I already know I don't have FG2 :( :mad:

I can't tell what that Dallas dealer did....

HELP! :(

StealthV
07-03-04, 10:43 AM
Nivomats are the shocks. The base and FG2 are both Sachs Nivomats. The FG2 has different internal structure and valving.

miscreant
07-03-04, 12:16 PM
anybody see the Nivomats?
Isn't there a Nivomat AND a shock?

I already know I don't have FG2 :( :mad:

I can't tell what that Dallas dealer did....

HELP! :(
Yes, the FG2 package is two front regular shocks with stiffer valving and two rear nivomat shocks with stiffer valving. The rear shocks are the nivomats, there's only one shock.

They never installed the shocks. It's possible the vehicle was on SOP hold (Special Order Part) hold because the FG2 was not there yet (comes separate from the car, usually before the car). All you need to do is call your dealer and tell them that the Dallas dealer never sent the FG2 kit, and have them get it from the Dallas dealer and install it when it comes in. Go back to your dealer and get this put on the WE-OWE.

The FG2 "Performance Shock Absorber Package" was listed on your window sticker, yes?

miscreant
07-03-04, 12:17 PM
What is that hose for? I assume it's power-steering fluid, but it looks like it's just looping left and then back right :hmm:

http://zeemr.home.comcast.net/hose.jpg
Kinda looks like it's pre-routed so you could install a power-steering cooler or something - if it indeed is the powersteering lines...

-1-
07-03-04, 10:38 PM
:hmm: Stupid question. Why can't the FG2 be ordered and factory installed. This would avoid the hassle. I would must rather the factory to install than some idi*t at the dealer. As a add-on I would prefer to install myself or have it installed by a trusted mechanic. Must be a dealer money maker?

globed70
07-03-04, 11:33 PM
:hmm: Stupid question. Why can't the FG2 be ordered and factory installed. This would avoid the hassle. I would must rather the factory to install than some idi*t at the dealer. As a add-on I would prefer to install myself or have it installed by a trusted mechanic. Must be a dealer money maker?

Ideas:

1. There is $$$ to be made selling accessories.
2. They didn't want crap from 04 owners who didn't have this option.
3. Perception of a fix to wheelhop (see point 2).

miscreant
07-04-04, 01:13 AM
Well, it's definitely not a dealer money maker - Since it's an RPA part that ships as part of the vehicle, we only get reimbursed the install time. The techs cringe when another V comes in - the FG2 is alot of work to put on, takes about 4 hours total if done right.

The reason it is an RPA is because it is (as of right now) shipped directly from the manufacturer. It also was intended to become an option for previous owners to add to their car. It also eases the ordering for customers in that if they DON'T want it, it doesn't have to be installed (whereas, if it came from the factory like that, you'd have no option). Liken it to the fact that XM radio is an option on the XLR, but is dealer installed incase the customer doesn't want the antenna mounted...

And some techs at dealerships are more intelligent and articulate, and have been working on GM cars longer, than many people on the line at Lansing, so not all of them are idiots...