: I've Joined the V2 Fraternity

OldDrummer55
02-08-09, 01:12 AM
Well folks, after months of watching, questioning forum members and checking with various dealers, I took the plunge. Being an inherently cheap ba$tard, I watched who was paying how much for the V2. This is what I concluded. There are dealers out there who WILL give you a good deal (Tony and Scott for sure), but you have to factor in your travel/time costs. Most dealers in the Pacific NW (those who can get allocations) are holding to MSRP. The gougers in CA want the infamous MAP (Market Adjusted Pricing) and jack the price up over MSRP. Well, that's capitalism and I won't quibble, but I won't buy from them either. Our Air Force Doc in TX received a hell of a deal with the military discount. Good on ya Doc! This is the final deal I could negotiate on an order car:

09 CTS-V with Auto trans, Sun Roof and Recaros: MSRP: $66,606.80. My price: $60,600.00. Did I do good?

thebigjimsho
02-08-09, 01:29 AM
braggart. :alchi:

OldDrummer55
02-08-09, 01:40 AM
braggart. :alchi:

A comment from The Big Jim... thank you Sir! :thumbsup:

thebigjimsho
02-08-09, 01:47 AM
you forgot my ho...

thebigjimsho
02-08-09, 01:47 AM
but...congrats!

RightTurn
02-08-09, 02:06 AM
Congrats!! What color did you choose? :cheer:

thebigjimsho
02-08-09, 02:25 AM
hmm...

OldDrummer55
02-08-09, 03:16 AM
Raven Black/black

tbss08
02-08-09, 08:22 AM
That looks like a good price, close to GMS pricing.

NormV
02-08-09, 08:29 AM
Love the "cheap bastard" mentality! :)

Norm

OldDrummer55
02-08-09, 11:58 AM
Love the "cheap bastard" mentality! :)

Norm

Since our new fearless leader and his party want to "spread the wealth" :eek: and stimulate our economy with bazillion dollar "stimulation packages" :alchi: (millions for STDs and more pork, pork, pork that won't be spent until the NEXT election... :mad:), I figure I should shop for the best deal and spend my money while I still have some! Sorry... End :rant2:

RightTurn
02-08-09, 11:59 AM
Soon you'll be a cheap, fast bastard. :burn: :thumbsup:

GMX322V S/C
02-08-09, 04:30 PM
Well folks, after months of watching, questioning forum members and checking with various dealers, I took the plunge. Being an inherently cheap ba, I watched who was paying how much for the V2. This is what I concluded. There are dealers out there who WILL give you a good deal (Tony and Scott for sure), but you have to factor in your travel/time costs. Most dealers in the Pacific NW (those who can get allocations) are holding to MSRP. The gougers in CA want the infamous MAP (Market Adjusted Pricing) and jack the price up over MSRP. Well, that's capitalism and I won't quibble, but I won't buy from them either. Our Air Force Doc in TX received a hell of a deal with the military discount. Good on ya Doc! This is the final deal I could negotiate on an order car:

09 CTS-V with Auto trans, Sun Roof and Recaros: MSRP: $66,606.80. My price: $60,600.00. Did I do good?Congratulations, looks like you got a helluva deal. You are going to love the car!

Sad to hear about what CA dealers are doing now; I told my dealer from day one that I was expecting GMU pricing when I put my deposit down back in September; to their credit they never wavered and they followed through when I took delivery. They also exceeded the best discount I could find on the extended warranty.

proexpert
02-08-09, 06:16 PM
Since our new fearless leader and his party want to "spread the wealth" :eek: and stimulate our economy with bazillion dollar "stimulation packages" :alchi: (millions for STDs and more pork, pork, pork that won't be spent until the NEXT election... :mad:), I figure I should shop for the best deal and spend my money while I still have some! Sorry... End :rant2:

I would like to use this argument on my lovely wife to get myself the same car before she had planned for me to get it. Thanks :D

RapidRob
02-08-09, 07:03 PM
Congrats fella!! I've got the same v2 coming except for the auto and recaros. Expecting delivery in early March ... when do you expect delivery? And will you have to go to Texas to pick it up?

Rob

OldDrummer55
02-09-09, 12:03 AM
Congrats fella!! I've got the same v2 coming except for the auto and recaros. Expecting delivery in early March ... when do you expect delivery? And will you have to go to Texas to pick it up?

Rob

Thanks Rob. The dealership I'm ordering through is Dave Smith's in Kellogg, ID. They are a high volume/low profit type business. I'm four hours away and will finish the paper next week. From there, I imagine I won't see a car for at least two months. What's next folks? Build date, actual build and delivery?

Albertan
02-09-09, 02:04 AM
Old Drummer
I've actually been to Richland a couple of times passing thru to Portland. I found better restaurants there than Kennewick. Nice road to break it in coming back. Not much traffic. Enjoy the car...

pmsteinm
02-09-09, 12:57 PM
I would like to use this argument on my lovely wife to get myself the same car before she had planned for me to get it. Thanks :D

Ha, I used that argument shortly after the election to order my V...originally I was supposed to wait until 2011. It was still a big withdrawal from the Marriage Bank...

RapidRob
02-09-09, 07:45 PM
Thanks Rob. The dealership I'm ordering through is Dave Smith's in Kellogg, ID. They are a high volume/low profit type business. I'm four hours away and will finish the paper next week. From there, I imagine I won't see a car for at least two months. What's next folks? Build date, actual build and delivery?

A couple of weeks after you order, call your dealer and ask if there is a build date yet. Once you receive the BD, delivery will be, "2 to 4 weeks after that", is what my dealer said to me.

Rob

V-Love
02-09-09, 08:53 PM
Congratulations! You got the best car and your stimulating the economy better than others. I love that "stimulating" the economy term.
Too bad you didn't get the no lift shift option.

thebigjimsho
02-10-09, 12:19 AM
i want V2. :crybaby:

Razorecko
02-10-09, 01:10 AM
Congratulations! You got the best car and your stimulating the economy better than others. I love that "stimulating" the economy term.

all the manual tranny v2's come with the no lift shift. Its in the ecu programming for the stick version.

thebigjimsho
02-10-09, 01:58 AM
I also thought the first few months didn't have it...

OldDrummer55
02-10-09, 02:17 AM
A couple of weeks after you order, call your dealer and ask if there is a build date yet. Once you receive the BD, delivery will be, "2 to 4 weeks after that", is what my dealer said to me.

Rob

Thanks Rob. They told me today the "computer" accepted the order and they will advise when they get a build date. BUT... the salesman also said the "order guy" mumbled something about "possibly" 90 - 120 days before delivery! Is the production line that backlogged?

OldDrummer55
02-10-09, 02:19 AM

The Little Women wanted an auto, so that's what I ordered. I remember in early production the auto was a $1300 option. Now it's no cost.

thebigjimsho
02-10-09, 02:20 AM
auto for the lady.

Razorecko
02-10-09, 11:47 AM
The Little Women wanted an auto, so that's what I ordered. I remember in early production the auto was a $1300 option. Now it's no cost.

sounds more like the jacked the manual to cost as much as the auto :mad2: / stupid since auto even has the autostart feature :mad2:

JEM
02-10-09, 01:58 PM
Thanks Rob. They told me today the "computer" accepted the order and they will advise when they get a build date. BUT... the salesman also said the "order guy" mumbled something about "possibly" 90 - 120 days before delivery! Is the production line that backlogged?

From GM's standpoint, I'd really like to think that there was a serious demand backlog, and not trying to figure out which supplier is out of cash and can't get the bank to answer their calls this week.

jvp
02-10-09, 02:29 PM

Nope, there was never any add-on cost for the automatic transmission. The $1300 difference you're referring to is the extra cost of the higher gas guzzler tax that the auto suffers from.

jas

OldDrummer55
02-10-09, 04:44 PM
Nope, there was never any add-on cost for the automatic transmission. The $1300 difference you're referring to is the extra cost of the higher gas guzzler tax that the auto suffers from.

jas

The gas tax on the auto V2 is higher than the manual?

jvp
02-10-09, 04:57 PM
The gas tax on the auto V2 is higher than the manual?

Yes. $1300 for the manual, $2600 for the auto. The auto gets worse mileage.

jas

thebigjimsho
02-10-09, 07:36 PM
hmm...

RapidRob
02-10-09, 07:44 PM

I ordered back on 12/09/08, and the plant closed around 10 days after that. The plant just re-opened yesterday, and my build date is 2/16/09. They may have received a lot of orders during their down time, I don't know. But I'd just wait a couple of weeks like I said, and give your dealer another call to see if you have a BD yet ... :)

Rob

thebigjimsho
02-10-09, 07:49 PM
build it. and they will come.

vperl
02-11-09, 01:22 AM

is there a fee to join the frat? :suspect:

OldDrummer55
02-11-09, 01:42 AM

is there a fee to join the frat? :suspect:

Just a V2 in your driveway! :thumbsup:

OldDrummer55
02-11-09, 01:43 AM
I ordered back on 12/09/08, and the plant closed around 10 days after that. The plant just re-opened yesterday, and my build date is 2/16/09. They may have received a lot of orders during their down time, I don't know. But I'd just wait a couple of weeks like I said, and give your dealer another call to see if you have a BD yet ... :)

Rob

If I recall correctly from a previous post, Monday, Feb 16th is the first day of V production on the line.

vperl
02-11-09, 02:05 AM
Just a V2 in your driveway! :thumbsup:

gunna hide mine in garage pull it out at dark, return at night...

If they knew I'd have new friends, especially the guy accross the street with 7 muscle cars... he wanted to store a couple in my
side garage.... or that Gweman doctor and his what ecver he reves
in the morning.......

I will leave quite and return quite... stealth is my goal :):)

vperl
02-11-09, 02:11 AM

Rob

Scott Pratt told me he would contact me about the BD. I will not bother him, hope he sells 100 more after I get mine of course.

I will not disclose too much info, you other guys might use it....
stealth is my weapon, confusion is my game :histeric:

thebigjimsho
02-11-09, 02:30 AM
:rant2:

vperl
02-11-09, 02:42 AM
:rant2:

take your meds, I have :thepan:

thebigjimsho
02-11-09, 04:16 AM
:bighead:

vperl
02-12-09, 03:10 AM

Drumster, got order number today it is 6 letters......

OK, is there a site or place without bugging the salesman that one can follow the vehicle...

BTW, the double large choccolate mud pie at Ruth Chris.. you''ll like it

I will bethe guy with the silve V and a big spoon.... :histeric::duck:

OldDrummer55
02-12-09, 11:36 AM
Excellent! I'm not aware of any GM vehicle tracking site open to the public. The MINI Cooper folks have an excellent interactive site for customers. Mud pie!?! You'll clog your heart! Tofu pie with skim milk! :histeric:

vperl
02-12-09, 04:39 PM
Excellent! I'm not aware of any GM vehicle tracking site open to the public. The MINI Cooper folks have an excellent interactive site for customers. Mud pie!?! You'll clog your heart! Tofu pie with skim milk! :histeric:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

way too late to worry bout that.... mud pie all the way////// :thepan:

RapidRob
02-12-09, 07:49 PM
all the manual tranny v2's come with the no lift shift. Its in the ecu programming for the stick version.

Alright Razor - you got me, (noob).:hmm: What the heck is, "no lift shift"? Hunted around and can't find any reference to it anywhere, (except here of course ..).

Rob

vperl
02-12-09, 08:20 PM
Alright Razor - you got me, (noob).:hmm: What the heck is, "no lift shift"? Hunted around and can't find any reference to it anywhere, (except here of course ..).

Rob

###################################

I have not a clue, but I used this thing called google, or was it guzzle?

"" It means u can keep the gas pedal mashed to the floor at WOT when u shift . When u press the clutch in the computer will control the throttle in between shifts . Defintely interesting , when it can be manipulated thru HPT """ :thepan: :rolleyes: :highfive:

RapidRob
02-12-09, 11:15 PM
###################################

I have not a clue, but I used this thing called google, or was it guzzle?

"" It means u can keep the gas pedal mashed to the floor at WOT when u shift . When u press the clutch in the computer will control the throttle in between shifts . Defintely interesting , when it can be manipulated thru HPT """ :thepan: :rolleyes: :highfive:

Thanks, but now what is, "HPT"? :thepan:

Rob

OldDrummer55
02-13-09, 12:36 AM
Thanks, but now what is, "HPT"? :thepan:

Rob

Hmmmm... Me thinks it means "High Powered Ta Tas..."

darjae
02-13-09, 12:38 AM

Watch Out! those'll put your eyes out!

vperl
02-13-09, 12:46 AM

actually I used that google thingie again, or was it duzzle?

"" HTP, High Torque Performance (car engine) "" :worship:

thebigjimsho
02-13-09, 02:54 AM
hmm...

vperl
02-13-09, 03:09 AM
Well, it is interesting that I who is basically illerate in anything automotive answered these questions..... clever me

:tisk: :tisk: :shhh:

vperl
02-14-09, 02:38 PM
I am unable to start a new thread, I am unworthy.
I would like the powers to be to move this into a thread for the 09 V
" Music on USB thumb drives "

Question, is there in the Owners Manual instructions on what type, size, of USB drive? Is there a formatting if so what type? is there a file system that must be used ? Some systems may like different types of thumb drives?

Reason, when I drive my V home it is going to be a 2367 mile fest of fun and excitement.... Having never been to that neck of the country on the ground, let alone driving it.. I would like to plug in my music, and Rock & Roll with my music.. not this crap they feed you today.

Any help to get the job done would be nice :cloud9: :cloud9::cloud9:

Submariner409
02-14-09, 03:15 PM
vperl, Judging from the amount of pertinent, useful information in your posts, you should seriously apply to be considered for Mr. Obama's new Commerce Secretary. You would make a most positive addition to the Cabinet.

vperl
02-14-09, 03:26 PM
vperl, Judging from the amount of pertinent, useful information in your posts, you should seriously apply to be considered for Mr. Obama's new Commerce Secretary. You would make a most positive addition to the Cabinet.

If I were to be that as you recommend, I'd be a great spy..then write a tell all book and become as rich as you are so that I could make clever observations, you are the best. Thanks for the help on the thumb drive

jvp
02-14-09, 03:30 PM
I am unable to start a new thread, I am unworthy.

Not sure why. You don't see the "New Thread" button on the left side of the screen when you're looking at the list of threads in this forum?

what type, size, of USB drive? Is there a formatting if so what type? is there a file system that must be used ? Some systems may like different types of thumb drives?

Thumb drives are thumb drives. Any will work, as will any size. Format with FAT32, which is pretty much the standard filesystem for thumbs.

jas

vperl
02-14-09, 04:12 PM
Kind Sir: I am unworthy and have nog gained the trust or ability to do several activites on this forum, not that I care, but since starting a new thread for me is not in the cardsthat is why I asked others to help out..

I remember that there had been some sort of problem with the USB thumb drives working, I tried to find that group of messagesm but failed..... I am notworthy... :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

GMX322V S/C
02-14-09, 05:31 PM
Drives with the U3 software installed don't seem to work--delete before using (or back it up first). Directory structure is standard Artist/Album/Track. Playlist format has been described in another thread...

vperl
02-14-09, 06:01 PM
Drives with the U3 software installed don't seem to work--delete before using (or back it up first). Directory structure is standard Artist/Album/Track. Playlist format has been described in another thread...

This is great information, seems there was more, I seem unable to find such related info, so if any have more related info it would be nice

Since I am unworthy of starting a New Thread (I tied was told I am unworthy) I have to rely on the good fortunes of others :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

TheGeeman
02-14-09, 07:51 PM
The thumb drive issue has been addressed in earlier posts-you might want to check them. One problem was with drives with other type files and subdirectories. Make sure the thumb drive has only the music files and no directories.
G.

vperl
02-14-09, 08:07 PM
The thumb drive issue has been addressed in earlier posts-you might want to check them. One problem was with drives with other type files and subdirectories. Make sure the thumb drive has only the music files and no directories.
G.

It maybe noted that these earlier posts are not easy to find...

thankYou for the information

This means any USB Thumb Drive that is not formatted, but written only with music files ( NO DIRECTORY) of any size 1, 2, 4, 6 gig will work . As long as the only stuff on the drive are music files///

good thanks again :worship::worship::worship:

thebigjimsho
02-15-09, 11:32 PM
post a new thread. slacker...

vperl
02-15-09, 11:48 PM
post a new thread. slacker...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, I am slacker, but
The powers that run this gitty-up have made it so that I cannot start threads.

I push new thread button, get a page that tells me I am not
Authorized, forboteen

I have explained this B4 but sometimes things get lost....

thebigjimsho
02-16-09, 02:47 AM
hahahahaha

vperl
02-16-09, 03:00 AM
hahahahaha

thankyou for your interest

TaVern
02-16-09, 03:05 AM
Freedom!

TaVern
02-16-09, 03:06 AM
Let freedom ring, Goddammit!!!

thebigjimsho
02-17-09, 01:26 AM
white dove?

darjae
02-17-09, 01:35 AM
white dove?

I vote we take a collection to create the webpage www.thebigjimsho.com/hmm/swade/moleface/

:)

darjae

thebigjimsho
02-17-09, 01:42 AM
hmm...

darjae
02-17-09, 01:46 AM
hmm...

exactly

thebigjimsho
02-17-09, 07:03 AM
you all love me...