: first V in Calgary

Albertan
02-07-09, 06:47 PM
Well, there must be new V's everywhere since there is one here. Was a small ad in local paper with a name and number and $79.990 or something. I figured what dealer and sure enough it was there. Sold of course and locked up! Salesman said it was first out here and hadn't been presold. Black with neutral interior, 6 speed and sunroof. Regular seats. Guy said it took a few days before it sold. They won't be getting another for a while. Sure looks like a nice car but sitting on the showroom floor it certainly looks large. My little V1 looked tiny by comparison.

rgp6373
02-08-09, 02:06 AM
mine was the first v in alberta picked it up 4 weeks ago in edmonton ordered it last may lol . havnt even diven it yet except in and out of the trailer that i used to bring it home to ft mcmurray , now its in my garage untill the snow melts

tblack
02-08-09, 02:20 AM
That must have been the Black one at Jack Carters? I went and looked at it, nice ride. Not in love with the interior colour.

Congrats Rgp6373! I wonder how many lifted diesels are gonna try to race you.

rgp6373
02-08-09, 02:05 PM
it came in at southpark they never had it on display or even brought it to the dealership it was kept at there detail shop , it has the dark interior , 6 spd manual , sunroof , nav , polished wheels

GMX322V S/C
02-08-09, 04:59 PM
mine was the first v in alberta picked it up 4 weeks ago in edmonton ordered it last may lol . havnt even diven it yet except in and out of the trailer that i used to bring it home to ft mcmurray , now its in my garage untill the snow meltsCertainly a candidate for northernmost '09 CTS-V! Aren't you tempted to put some Sottozeros on it so you could at least take it out for a spin on nice days (above 0 C)? :D

rgp6373
02-08-09, 07:17 PM
nope the roads suck here all winter long and dont wanna get it all covered in slush . besides i got a 700hp silverado ss to keep me entertained lol

Albertan
02-09-09, 02:13 AM
rgp
I stand corrected! Where are you going to be able to drive it? I would imagine the road up to Ft. MacMurray is pretty pounded up. How long before the road twinning is done? I would think a few years. I've only been to Ft. MacMurray twice and I flew in on my way to Uranium City and back.
700HP truck? Tell me more.

rgp6373
02-09-09, 03:10 AM
depending on weather im hoping for the end of march to get it on the road , the twining will be a few years if we are lucky . as for my truck its a 2003 silverado ss with a 408 ci stroker motor supecharged , headers , exhaust , custom tune 4L80E built trans and alot more lol cant wait to race them . i think the truck will take the v out of the hole then at about 100mph the v will blow by and not look back