: Sirius in a 2002 Deville

along1968
02-07-09, 09:49 AM
Hey there,

I posted this in another thread and I don't think it was the right one, so wanted to ask again with a correct subject thread. Sorry for the duplicate.

I am new to the forum, having just purchased a 2002 Deville DHS. My Deville did not come with factory XM tuner, or a CD changer. The head unit has the band button and the PTY button says no satellite tuner installed, or something like that.

Anyway, i bought the SIR-GM1 kit and I bought a used CD changer. I assumed that the XM harness would be there in the trunk, even though they didnt install a receiver in the factory, I was wrong, no harness there.

So I just purchased the T-harness from Radios and more dot com. There isnt much info on this harness anywhere. I am guessing that I can plug this harness into the back of the head unit where the cd changer usually goes, and then one plug goes to the sirius tuner, and the other plug goes to the changer?

Is there a good (and easy) place to mount the SIR-GM1 tuner in the dash?

I hope this is correct, can anyone else shed some light on this process?

This looks like a great forum with friendly people, cant wait to get more involved as I enjoy my Caddy more.

Cheers,
Andrew

cadmanchris
02-07-09, 07:06 PM
I used the T harness that you have with no problems. The harness is behind the glove box, which can be removed by removing the 8 torx screws holding it in. The CD changer harness is behind there. I mounted my XM unit behind the glove compartment.

along1968
02-07-09, 07:26 PM
I used the T harness that you have with no problems. The harness is behind the glove box, which can be removed by removing the 8 torx screws holding it in. The CD changer harness is behind there. I mounted my XM unit behind the glove compartment.

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply. I was worried about tearing everything up but I feel good now.

Cheers,
Andrew

along1968
02-10-09, 11:45 PM
ok, an update on this. Hope someone can help me....

I ordered the T-Harness, and the company said it wont work, its only a generic cable that is not for a Deville. So they cancelled my order and said they didnt have anything else I can use. :banghead:

The SIR-GM1 comes with a T-Harness, will is supposed to go in the back of the radio in a 2002 Deville Class 2 radio, or is that harness the wrong one.

I also want to use my CD changer, so I really need a t-harness for this from the stereo to the changer and to the sirius tuner.

Can anyone offer assistance or advice? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Andrew