: any fix to the slow shifting?

homesite
02-06-09, 08:58 PM
Is the a fix for the slow shifting on the auto using it in manual mode?

demorgan59
02-06-09, 09:19 PM
Here we go again. Two days from now it'll be, "I've driven it a little more and I decided it shifts OK".

Anywho, you'll have to remove torque management to firm up the shifts which will probably void your warranty.

homesite
02-06-09, 09:32 PM
You cannot tell me you can shift the car successful under manual mode. The car hits the redline everytime

If you guys are going to keep badgering me then just tell me to go and I will find another forum.

gto_in_nc
02-06-09, 10:02 PM
<snicker>

You know how to get to Carnegie Hall, right?

(I'm just sayin'...)

Razorecko
02-06-09, 10:08 PM
manual shifting is relatively slower in an automatic transmission. Its not a true twin clutch system like smg,dsg, etc. Like someone mentioned you could remove some torque management and increase the line pressure but odds are that would shorten the transmissions life span. And at the least if detected void out any warranty work for the drivetrain/motor.

wait4me
02-06-09, 11:42 PM
I can fix any issues you dont want. Just call me on monday.

Short-Throw
02-07-09, 01:37 AM
Is the a fix for the slow shifting on the auto using it in manual mode?

If you expecting it to act like a true manual, no. It's more an option to hold a rev where you see fit. I use it on exiting off ramps, or driving in slow traffic. If you can think a little ahead of the car, much like looking ahead on track, it will help your rhythm.

Anywho, you'll have to remove torque management to firm up the shifts which will probably void your warranty.

Where did you read torque mgmt has anything to do with this?

If you guys are going to keep badgering me then just tell me to go and I will find another forum.

Don't take things so personal, many like to stir things up 'just because.' Your seat thread came off the wrong way. Forget it, help contribute with constructive criticism and it will be a thing of the past.

There must be some positive reasons why you purchased the car, or are you predetermined to hate it regardless?

I can fix any issues you dont want. Just call me on monday.

With all due respect, this car shifts as fast as it ever will.

JEM
02-07-09, 02:45 AM
manual shifting is relatively slower in an automatic transmission. Its not a true twin clutch system like smg,dsg, etc. Like someone mentioned you could remove some torque management and increase the line pressure but odds are that would shorten the transmissions life span. And at the least if detected void out any warranty work for the drivetrain/motor.

This is my greatest annoyance with our S6 and with our 540i, and the reason I'd want to drive a CTS-V slushbox before buying one.

There's no reason, no excuse, for a modern automatic transmission to have more than, say, a quarter-second delay between control movement and gearchange. My old Suburban with its 4L80E meets that test handily. Hell, any '60s Detroit three-speed slushbox would meet that standard.

The S6 has "tiptronic" buttons but you've got to pull the trigger on upshifts 1000+RPM before you want the upshift to happen, and on downshifts you've got just about a full second to wait for the gubbins to call home to Ingolstadt for permission to downshift. And then there's the eternal delay waiting for a kickdown when you step on the gas when you're not shifting manually.

I don't really care much about manual control over upshifts; it's more the downshifts, the occasions where I want to hold a specific gear in traffic, or in a corner, but I want the downshift to happen WHEN I want it to happen on turn-in.

urbanski
02-07-09, 07:46 AM
last chance
click here.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/subscribe.html