: Brake repair 06 SRX

King3244
02-06-09, 11:43 AM
I have an 06, V-6 and I need to replace the rear brakes. Can anyone help me with step by step instructions or a page out of a service manual or alldata please.

The reason I need help is that I am wintering in Arizona and all my info is at home. I am capable of making this repair but have never done brakes on an SRX and I don't want to encounter any surprises.

I imagine that instructions back to 04 would be similar.

Any help would be appreciated.....thanks.

sgilbert
02-06-09, 07:13 PM
If you've done brakes before, there are no surprises. Same stuff. Same routine.

If you haven't, DON'T start now.

King3244
02-06-09, 11:37 PM
LOL!.....no I have done plenty before, but the last Cadillac was my 94 STS

wait4me
02-12-09, 10:03 AM
Yes nothing is any different. No special tools needed either.. I usually just insert a flat screwdriver in between the rotor and the old pad and open it up that way so you dont even need a C clamp to close the piston. Do it on the old pad as it would ruin the new ones....

Should be a simple quick job.

twwabw
02-20-09, 09:30 AM
Only obnoxious part is the internal parking brake. Common type setup, with small drum brake setup that works on the inside surface of the rotor hub. They can hang up when trying to remove the rotor, especially if there is rust build up inside the rotor. Pull or tap the rotor off as straight as possible to avoid any binding- this helps. If one of the pads catches, and pops off a retaining spring, you'll curse and cuss getting it re-attached.