: 2010/11 V updates?

bruff1977
02-05-09, 11:23 AM
Dare I dream about it, especially with the current state of the auto industry?? Somewhere (Automobile, MT) I read that the CTS will receive an update for MY 2012. But in the meantime, here are my desired V2 updates, or modifications for MY 10/11:

1. HP to 560-570
2. All-LED headlamps, LED side mirror turn indicators
3. Gray woodgrain interior option (Wood/microfiber wheel, shifter)
4. Aluminum dead pedal with Recaro pkg
5. Bigger capacity HDD
6. Full spare standard (inflator kit no cost option)

Thoughts? Additions?

Vrocks
02-05-09, 11:35 AM
Dare I dream about it, especially with the current state of the auto industry?? Somewhere (Automobile, MT) I read that the CTS will receive an update for MY 2012. But in the meantime, here are my desired V2 updates, or modifications for MY 10/11:

1. HP to 560-570
2. All-LED headlamps, LED side mirror turn indicators
4. Aluminum dead pedal with Recaro pkg
5. Bigger capacity HDD
6. Full spare standard (inflator kit no cost option)

Thoughts? Additions?

In 2012... The update will be a change in appearance (more aero dynamic and possibly things like LED lights) and a hybrid powertrain. Forget about more HP.

New V8 developments aren't the future for auto makers - BMW recently announced they're ending their V8 diesel engine and the gas version is next on the chopping block. They're focusing on turbo 4 and 6 cylinder engines. This isn't just driven be fuel prices or MPG... emissions requirements are getting extremely tough to pass.

The CTS may eventually be replaced by the Converj - 4 door version.

thebigjimsho
02-05-09, 01:50 PM
A bigger HDD would be nize. It would be awesome to just dump your entire library in the thing...

GM-4-LIFE
02-05-09, 08:05 PM
I wouldn't count on any changes or updates to any GM car, truck or SUV anytime soon based on GM's current financial situation.

Any updates and/or changes cost GM a good amount of money. Money they can't afford to spend right now.

Either way, we will know in April what changes or updates are planned for the next model year.

SG

JEM
02-05-09, 08:31 PM
New V8 developments aren't the future for auto makers - BMW recently announced they're ending their V8 diesel engine and the gas version is next on the chopping block. They're focusing on turbo 4 and 6 cylinder engines. This isn't just driven be fuel prices or MPG... emissions requirements are getting extremely tough to pass.

What you've got going there is the EU CO2 silliness, the German automakers pretty much have to play 'chicken' with the regulators because the regulations that have been on the table pretty much put the auto business out of business.

We'll see what happens in this country, our new golden calf is trying to get some real climate-fraud types in at Energy and the EPA. The wheels are starting to fall off the anthropogenic-global-warming bandwagon, we just have to hope our new Chicago-Style Crook-N-Crackpot Government doesn't manage to give us the shaft before the whole thing falls apart.

As far as GM's concerned, it doesn't help that our supposed President is running around screaming the economy's going further into the toilet every second the Senate doesn't vote him carte blanche to spend the country well past broke. He's in danger of creating a self-fulfilling prophecy. In the end, the best outcome we see from GM and just about everyone else is that product plans get deferred a year or two and all the Saturn dealers go broke.

randian
02-05-09, 09:01 PM

A wood steering wheel? Ugh! I hope not! I find this trend towards putting wood on steering wheels to be quite disturbing.

thebigjimsho
02-06-09, 03:13 AM
yummy, wood. do we get tampons with that?

bruff1977
02-06-09, 04:33 PM
A wood steering wheel? Ugh! I hope not! I find this trend towards putting wood on steering wheels to be quite disturbing.

It really isn't a trend... Wood has been used to make steering wheels for quite sometime now... It's more of an homage. My idea is similar to the base CTS, with the gray wood at the top of the wheel and the rest in the microfiber. or maybe even a thin inlay around the radius of the wheel. Personally, when I look at an interior from a distance and see that bit of shine from the veneer on the steering wheel, I think luxury and quality.

marktanner
02-06-09, 05:53 PM
I have usually hated partial wood wheels in the past, especially those of Jaguar, Lexus, and even Porsche. Therefore, I was very pleasantly suprised when I test drove my CTS with the wood wheel, which I really love. I think it's because it is so thick, and only on the top of the wheel, but it feels great to my hands, unlike the others. Also, it subtly completes the trim line around the instrument cluster, which now looks a little plain to me when in solid leather. Further, when the sun hits the wood it "glows" and looks really rich. I think it would look spectacular with the blackened wood, or perhaps real carbon fiber if they ever offered that trim as well. I think the microfiber would work with either, as well as the leather.

SNAKEPLISSKEN
02-06-09, 09:03 PM
It will run on Electricity by then.

thebigjimsho
02-07-09, 05:40 AM
They should make steering wheels out of shark bones.

bruff1977
02-07-09, 02:34 PM
I forgot one...

7. Rearview camera option

Caddyscat
02-07-09, 05:02 PM
if you're gonna put those crappy standard seats in a V, why not make wood or real carbon fiber trim an option.
160 GB HDD - we all know they're so inexpensive.
Rear view camera.
Performance logging downloadable via usb key.
Full size spare
Midnight Blue color option.

thebigjimsho
02-07-09, 10:25 PM
if you're gonna put those crappy standard seats in a V, why not make wood or real carbon fiber trim an option.
Rear view camera.
Full size spare
even solid state drives are getting bigger. even if it cost a bit, twould be worth it...

bruff1977
02-09-09, 11:31 AM
Rear view camera.
Full size spare

A slightly darker version of the Blue Diamond Metallic...

edsuski
02-09-09, 01:02 PM
Not just rear, but front view camera option.

Once you have paid for the display - the camera part is relatively cheap. How cool would it be to be able to "see" if you are going to scrape a curb or parking stop in a lot?

thebigjimsho
02-10-09, 12:15 AM
how about you just stop short. you're not driving a limo...