: Considering buying a used 2005 SRX...

tomm
02-04-09, 04:55 PM
2005 SRX V6, 64k miles, Roof, DVD & Navigation... $12,000

Seems like a good deal to me... Anything I need to look out for with a vehicle with $64k miles? It has no warranty so I am concerned with maintenance? Are things prone to break in the SRX?

I currently have a 2005 STS and its been perfect but its also certified so its fully covered. The SRX wont be since its a private sale.

Any thoughts?

srx2005
02-04-09, 05:51 PM
We have a 2005 AWD V6 40K miles. So far it has been a great car.

The only recurring issue we had was with the left turn signal. Occasionally, it wouldn't work when engaged. I would suggest asking the current owner if he experienced this problem. Repair involved new flasher module and new signal switch (part on steering column).

Others on the forum experienced water leaking into the spare tire compartment - we did not have this problem.

Good luck.

Klei14
02-04-09, 08:40 PM
Couple things....

Make sure it is also AWD, they did make 2wd SRX's. Run a carfax and look around the car for any signs of bodywork. Ask the owner if they can show you any paperwork showing oil changes, or maintenece. If you don't know alot about cars it might be worth it to pay the Caddy dealer to do a 125 point inspection, they might spot something you would overlook, they could also pull up and warranty repairs the car had. Might be worth getting a 100k warranty for the car because alot of parts can break on these cars, see my threads about the catalytic converter that was a 1,700$ fix, and I'm only 6k miles out of the emission warranty.

Good luck!

Northern SRX
02-04-09, 09:21 PM
Couple things....

Make sure it is also AWD, they did make 2wd SRX's. Run a carfax and look around the car for any signs of bodywork. Ask the owner if they can show you any paperwork showing oil changes, or maintenece. If you don't know alot about cars it might be worth it to pay the Caddy dealer to do a 125 point inspection, they might spot something you would overlook, they could also pull up and warranty repairs the car had. Might be worth getting a 100k warranty for the car because alot of parts can break on these cars, see my threads about the catalytic converter that was a 1,700$ fix, and I'm only 6k miles out of the emission warranty.

Good luck!

:yeah:

SRT ACE
02-09-09, 05:48 PM
Couple things....

Good luck!

Klei, my understanding is that the GMPP can only be purchased before the vehicle reaches 60k miles...

I would agree on a dealer inspection, all though there are always items they can miss...

ACE

c5 rv
02-09-09, 07:16 PM
I would save up and hold out for a CPO unit.

miked
02-10-09, 12:50 AM
Still, $12K is a pretty good deal. If you become a paying member of this forum, on the CTS-V (original) forum you can plug in a VIN number (sticky thread at top), and within a few days someone will give you the warranty repair history of the vehicle. Might be worth considering to see what stuff was done.

TSS
02-11-09, 12:37 PM
I would save up and hold out for a CPO unit.

Me too.

Superjim
02-12-09, 09:57 AM
Me too.

Me three.

moveebuff
02-15-09, 11:18 AM
I bought a used 2004 SRX and I love it. My suggestion is that you take the vehicle to a mechanic you trust or a cadillac dealership to have it checked out. They will do a computer scan to tell you if there is anything wrong with the vehicle. It is worth the cost. Any dealership can tell you the history of the vehicle. Also, check the jack compartment for water. Mine had water and the jack was all rusty. It was covered under the warrantly from the dealer that I bought it from but it would have cost $1,200 to repair. Also, wash the car by hand because you really see all the little nicks that someone may have tried to cover over. I wish I had done that. My roof rack paint is peeling so check that out as well. Finally, look on autotrader for comparisons. An informed purchase is a wise purchase. If you get a quality SRX, you will love it. I have a fully loaded one with the ultra sunroof and I love it. Also, take it through a car wash to see if you get any leaks into the car.