: Head Rest on Recaro Seats

edsuski
02-04-09, 11:20 AM
Is it just me - or does the head rest on the Recaro seats seem to be angled too far forward? I know there is a height adjustment - but I still can't seem to find a comfortable position for the head rest.

What do you guys think?

chris1268
02-04-09, 11:39 AM
Agreed - I thought it was just me so I didn't mention it.

haterinc
02-04-09, 11:48 AM
it reminds me of some of the Cinemas that have the stadium style seating and it feels like your having to look up to see the screen... it also might give others the impression that V2 owners are all a little chubby with that double chin it is probably creating lololol

Short-Throw
02-04-09, 01:53 PM
Is it just me - or does the head rest on the Recaro seats seem to be angled too far forward? I know there is a height adjustment - but I still can't seem to find a comfortable position for the head rest.

What do you guys think?

Perhaps you can pitch the angle of the seat bottom differently which will allow you to leave the back of the seat not as upright?

You can also raise the headrest a few notches which will give you a little more room as the top of the piece is the most forward position.

It took me a while to get the perfect fit with all the permutations available, but once I did, it was amazing.

Mike

edsuski
02-04-09, 02:33 PM
Perhaps you can pitch the angle of the seat bottom differently which will allow you to leave the back of the seat not as upright?

You can also raise the headrest a few notches which will give you a little more room as the top of the piece is the most forward position.

It took me a while to get the perfect fit with all the permutations available, but once I did, it was amazing.

Mike

Mike,

I will try the seat bottom adjustment. With all of this torque on hand - the back of my head is getting sore from hitting the head rest. Recaro recommends that the head rest should be 2 cm from the back of the head (and equal in height). The angle of the head rest results in a corner of the head rest hitting the head rather than a flat surface. Maybe the seat bottom adjustment will help.

The seats feel SOOO good that I find myself wanting to press back into them rather than leaning forward. This car is amazing!

concorso
02-04-09, 02:45 PM
Simple fix...remove recaros and send to me. :) :)

edsuski
02-05-09, 01:49 AM
Simple fix...remove recaros and send to me. :) :)

I think I would strap a pillow to the back of my head before I would give up these seats.

Angling the front of the seat up a little seems to help. However, the headrest does not adjust high enough to be level with the top of my head as suggested in the Recaro "sit training" document on their site. I'll play around with changing the seat bottom angle and see if I can make the head rest fit as well as the rest of the seat. But thanks for the offer :)

Loveldos
02-05-09, 11:05 AM
A salesperson at Cadillac dealership said the headrests are fixed in a more forward position because of active safety design and government regulations? He suggested moving it higher and angling the seatback slightly. Really love those V's--but still just "looking!"

OldDrummer55
02-06-09, 01:42 PM
I always thought they were designed like an F-16 fighter seat... high performance platforms have a natural recline, thus the headrest becomes more perpendicular to the floor. It's G forces, and physics, and stuff that makes this old drummer's head hurt... ;-)