: Favorite Non-Diet Cola

Sandy
07-02-04, 01:15 AM
error

Spock
07-02-04, 02:32 AM
Coke is hands down the best! I had rashes once when I drank Pepsi...some wierd black stuff at the bottom! *programmed bias* Annnd done!

It doesn't matter, Coca Cola outsells Pepsi Co 2-1, some tribes think Coke is a miracle water, and the v-8 owners on this forum KNOW it is a miracle water...aka degreaser! Yarr thar be fine cylinder walls! *gleam* :D

Ralph
07-02-04, 02:51 AM
I agree, I've always preferrred Coke Original. Pepsi is too sweet.

Spock, can you photoshoppe your avatar and make it a little brighter?

airbalancer
07-02-04, 08:49 AM
Do they still make R/C have not seen it in years.
Have switch to caffine free cola lately, easier to sleep at night

Elvis
07-02-04, 12:32 PM
Pepsi is kind of like the Ford Motor Co. of colas. They probably wouldn't sell ANY if it weren't for Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, and KFC forcing it on us. Ford's sales figures would be absolutely anemic if it weren't for the fleet sales of the F-150, Taurus, and Crown Vic.

Sandy
07-02-04, 12:47 PM
Yes, they still market R/C Cola, and that is me who check it! I like it the best. I find Coke is too gassy (over carbinated) and Pepsi to me, tastes like carbonated Maple Syrup. R/C is just perfect.

I did this poll because of something interesting here in NJ. In certain markets they set up a table and gave people a 2 ounce cup of Pepsi, Coke & R/C to taste, and tell which they liked the best. They began a 9AM and ended at 7PM. Over 275 people took part. The results were that 51% chose R/C as the best. 38% chose the Coke and 11% took the Pepsi. Jones Soda & Dr. Pepper were not included. I personally always liked the R/C best myself, so I wanted to see what people on here have to say. But remember, on here, nobody was tasting....... :drinker

tru504187211
07-02-04, 01:24 PM
I'm not quite sure... Coca Cola makes my teeth feel all soft and weird, and Pepsi does taste a bit sweeter, so I am not sure. Either way, I usually only have coke when its used as a mixer.

Msilva954
07-02-04, 02:53 PM
How about that new Coke C2.....it tastes just like regular coke but has half the sugar and cals......plus it doesnt seem as carbonated either.

On a side note I really like Goya Guava Soda.
http://www.sodapopstop.com/images/products/small_318.jpg

tru504187211
07-02-04, 05:51 PM
Well, I guess I'm going to say Coca Cola because the Pepsi vendors at my grocery store kinda suck, while the Coke ones are normal. Let's see...there is OMP (Old Man Pepsi) who is a total old man jerk, and also FP (Fat Pepsi) because his Pepsi jacket is a 4XL size. But the Coke vendors are all normal, so I guess I like Coke more!

CVP33
07-02-04, 08:19 PM
Cheerwine.

It's a southern thing.

LacSeville
07-02-04, 10:23 PM
funny... never heard of such a thing...maybe not enough years on me??!

Diet Coke, with LIME for me! it is gassy stuff though!

c5 rv
07-02-04, 10:50 PM
We're a Pepsi family. The new Coke C2 is OK - certainly tastes better that that syrupy classic Coke.

brougham
07-02-04, 11:53 PM
I like Coke and Dr. Pepper best. I never liked RC cola much and Pepsi will do but I like Coke better :)

Stoneage_Caddy
07-03-04, 12:05 AM
when im not drinking Mountain Dew i drink DR pepper , then coke then pepsi

cant "DO THE DEW" anymore tho , ulcers are winning that battle

pepsi does a beatter job than coke at quenching thirst

for me nowadays its a southern uncarbinated ice cold glass of sahweit Taeee (thats southern speak for sweetend ice tea) ,just try to order anything else at craker barrel , the if you do they look at you like your a communist or worse a "yankee" , i learned really fast to like the stuff ........now to figure out how to like old milwakkie

Sandy
07-03-04, 12:24 AM
Mountain Dew, Sprite, 7-UP, Fresca aren't considered "Colas" ~ ~

Stoneage_Caddy
07-03-04, 12:28 AM
whoops , the DR Pepper threw me off ..good thing i voted coke

caddyshack24
07-03-04, 03:07 AM
mt. dew, barqs root beer, pepsi.. mixed drinks

majax
07-04-04, 11:16 PM
Well I gotta say Pepsi, why well my grandmother always bought it and had some whenever I came over. She did that cause my grandfather who had died years ago owned stock in Pepsi.

Dead Sled
07-05-04, 01:03 AM
Cherry Choke or rootbeer

Sandy
07-05-04, 09:05 AM
Root Beer ????? Okay....

Stewarts ?
Hires ?
A & W ?
-or-
Birch Beer ?

Rolex
07-07-04, 11:38 PM
I have somewhat of a chemical dependency on Diet Dr. Pepper. :drinker

Stoneage_Caddy
07-08-04, 12:27 AM
for root beer im a A&W man , just oozes americana

Ralph
07-08-04, 12:34 AM
For Root Beer, definately A&W makes the best. Very rich and creamy. :bighead:

Sandy
07-08-04, 09:07 AM
It's funny. A & W Root Beer is MADE BY R/C Cola, and several have mentioned Dr. Pepper & THAT is made by R/C cola, too. Yet, I'm the only one who likes R/C cola the best of the group herein. Likewise 51% of the people taste testing it in the supermarket. Me thinks the rest of you on here have never tried it !!

tru504187211
07-08-04, 12:12 PM
It's funny. A & W Root Beer is MADE BY R/C Cola, and several have mentioned Dr. Pepper & THAT is made by R/C cola, too. Yet, I'm the only one who likes R/C cola the best of the group herein. Likewise 51% of the people taste testing it in the supermarket. Me thinks the rest of you on here have never tried it !!

I had a bad experience with someone that has the initials RC, so they called him RC Cola, so I hate the Coke!! lol

Sandy
07-08-04, 03:19 PM
Funny! :)

I had a bad experience with an "RC" too! Ronda Cohen. She was ~ sizzling HOT ~ and we were "going together" for 1 week, 'ya back in 1964 ! After a week, I got dumped like a load of coal. I was devastated, Hey, but look, it all worked out very well. Been married for 21 years, and never regreted it yet. Ronda, on the other hand....Her Mr. Macho, football star, Accountant, Ivy School grad, began slugging her & smacking her around at year # 2 of marriage, and the divorce followed. Hubby #2 (many years later) fathered her kid, and then later (4-5 years) died of Aids!! RC ~ the Soda is waaaaay better than Ronda !!! At least the soda is sweet - unlike......

inmycadillac
07-08-04, 04:31 PM
i havent had an RC for years but i remember correctly, it was kinda flat tasting to me...does anyone here remember that Tab Cola??

anywayz, coke is my favorite for cola
diet mt dew is my soda of choice
and 7up is the best for mixed drinks(capt. morgan and 7up)yummy!:drinker

Sandy
07-08-04, 04:47 PM
Tab? That is ***ALL*** my wife drinks!!! TAB TAB TAB TAB. TAB is actually Diet Coke, I do believe, but the name TAB was not "market-friendly" ~ and Dirt Pepsi was gaining on TAB, so they brought out Diet Coke, and took back their market sahre, but didn't kill off TAB for loyalists like my wife. Ever try Diet-Rite???

davesdeville
07-08-04, 05:18 PM
Best Cola: Dr. Pepper. (then in order RC, Pepsi, coke)
Best Lemon Lime: dnL aka seven upside down
Best root beer: A&W.

Rolex
07-08-04, 05:46 PM
Tab? That is ***ALL*** my wife drinks!!! TAB TAB TAB TAB. TAB is actually Diet Coke, I do believe, but the name TAB was not "market-friendly" ~ and Dirt Pepsi was gaining on TAB, so they brought out Diet Coke, and took back their market sahre, but didn't kill off TAB for loyalists like my wife. Ever try Diet-Rite???
LOL...I'm thinking you need to cut out caffiene all together. You seem a little hyper! :bonkers:

T_Dogg8
07-08-04, 05:54 PM
Cheerwine.

It's a southern thing.
damn. i thought i'd be the only one to come on here knowing what cheerwine is. i live in the north but have a lot of realitives in the south and my parents have partially retired to the south, so we have cases and cases of the stuff on hand at all times. it really throws people for a loop because they don't know what it is and don't want it until they try it. then they love it. needless to say, i offer to be polite (unless i'm getting rude, then it's every man for himself :) ), but if they decline, i don't push it. :)

Sandy
07-08-04, 06:37 PM
Rolex, when I sold cars, (1968-1996) my daily breakfast was a cold can of R/C Cola or Coke-a-Cola & 2 cups of black Expresso! (Had to deal with the customers, 'ya know :drinker made me :D at them - instead of :banghead: with them and listen to their :madtalkin at me. Otherwise I woulda :rant2: back at them.) After the cold soda & 2 Expressos, I was all :) and nice & pleasant!!!!! :bouncy:

JJhomer83
07-09-04, 12:55 AM
coke and jack

JohnnyO
07-09-04, 03:30 PM
:coolgleam Coke or Pepsi, I'm not picky. Mostly I drink iced tea though.

Jesda
07-10-04, 08:35 AM
Im all about Coca Cola with a slice of lemon on top, but I prefer RC if its ever on sale.

-Jesda

El Dobro
07-10-04, 11:06 AM
I'm a birch beer drinker myself.