: Front License Plate Bracket

Infrared06
02-03-09, 06:36 PM
I purchased my used 06 about 2 months ago and it didn't come with the front license plate bracket. I can put the license plate on without it but I would have to bend it a little which wouldn't look to good. Where can I find the part number for the bracket?

jwoodie
02-03-09, 07:55 PM
Why put one on?:hmm:

GMJim
02-03-09, 08:28 PM
Front plates are required in Texas.

miked
02-04-09, 12:34 AM
The dealer should be able to help you out . . . . Also, try gmpartsdirect.com. You can use the catalog link to find your vehicle, and go through the various options to find what you need (although it does take a while).

GMJim
02-04-09, 06:26 AM
25758559 or 25729102

There also is a Japan, China, and European bracket. So triple check, before you order.

MortnCyn
02-04-09, 07:16 AM
Would assume that Texas dealers would know how to position the front bracket but read and think. I bought used in Ohio and they do not require a front plate but Illinois does and they put the bracket too low and I had to drill new holes to move it up.

Infrared06
02-04-09, 01:20 PM
Thanks guys for your help. It really isnt that big of deal, my sister has been driving without a front license plate for 5 years. Only once has see got pulled over for it and all she got was a warning to put one on. I would rather just avoid the trouble and put on one even though it doesnt make the front end look as clean.

rlangdon
02-05-09, 12:54 PM
I had the same issue, went to the dealer parts counter and just asked for front license plate brackett. The guy knew exactly what I needed and $36 later I have the factory look. You shouldn't need part number, they know what your needing at the counter.

Klei14
02-05-09, 02:33 PM
I took the front plate off of my SRX, I don't have a front plate on any of my cars for that matter.

Its illegal in NY, but in the 5 yrs I might have got 2 tickets for it all at DWI checkpoints.

taloniilm
02-06-09, 12:44 AM
My story is the opposite. I bought my SRX in Texas but live in Florida, (no front tag required). Unfortunately I was unable to avoid the dealership installing the front tag mount during make ready. My soultion was to have the wife, (it's her car) get one of the local surf shop airbrush guys to paint a plate that she liked and went with that. Doesn't look too bad considering.

Klei14
02-06-09, 10:00 AM
My story is the opposite. I bought my SRX in Texas but live in Florida, (no front tag required). Unfortunately I was unable to avoid the dealership installing the front tag mount during make ready. My soultion was to have the wife, (it's her car) get one of the local surf shop airbrush guys to paint a plate that she liked and went with that. Doesn't look too bad considering.
Try these, they look better than a front plate.

http://bumperplugs.com/BPindex.html