: Selling all XLR-V series at Invoice

Krug Ford
02-03-09, 12:12 PM
Right now I will sell any XLR-V at Dealer Invoice. If you want one of the last ones give me a call today.

Scott Pratt
810-225-1228

vixapphire
02-15-09, 12:55 AM
Any idea of dealer inventory (nationwide) for XLR=V in the colors grey flannel on black, or black on black?

Also, if I wanted to buy a car that's at another dealer through you because you're a great resource on this forum and your deal may be better, is that possible, or is it all about who has what car in stock?

Thanks for your assistance. best,

vic

p.s. I test-drove an 09 XLR-V today; now I am certain this is going to be a car I buy this year. Also, seeing it next to an 08, I realized that, cheesy faux-vent be damned, I like the look of the 09 somewhat better than the pre-freshened body, particularly the front bumper.

cooncat
02-15-09, 01:41 PM
I could be wrong, but try autotrader.com for your search. I know a dealer has the inside track on inventory, but try my suggestion.

vixapphire
02-17-09, 09:41 PM
I've looked at cars.com, which appears to have a lot of dealer participation, but I haven't seen one listed. I'll try AT; thanks.

Blackout
02-17-09, 09:43 PM
Just for s&g's what is the dealer invoice price for a XLR-V?

vixapphire
02-17-09, 09:59 PM
According to a couple with whom I've spoken, it's in the $93-96k range depending on options. I tend to think the upper end of the range was a rack of BS served with BBQ sauce, but since I'm not a dealer, I'll take their word for it... and wait for the inevitable next round of attractive factory-to-dealer incentives. For an EOL'd model at the end of its parent company's life, with as much unsold 2008 inventory as exists out there, I'm finding the $99k I was quoted at my test drive this weekend to be a little tough to swallow!

There are bound to be better deals than that out there, and I can't wait to find one.

ryannel2003
02-18-09, 11:07 AM
Just for some FYI, my boss is selling a black '09 XLR-V with around 2k miles for $85k. I wouldn't ever buy one of these cars brand new because of how fast the value drops.

Harry_Wild
06-15-09, 01:53 AM
Just for some FYI, my boss is selling a black '09 XLR-V with around 2k miles for $85k. I wouldn't ever buy one of these cars brand new because of how fast the value drops.

I know; I been pricing them. Still, I waiting for the right color and maybe a 2007 model year around $40 is my target. They list at $50s but I just wait till it goes down to my price range.

Thanks for the info.

rangerxlrv
06-15-09, 01:40 PM
Invoice for a 2009 XLR-V is $92,230 according to Edmond's. I bought mine back in January at the price. The XLR-V has only one option which is wheels. Everything else is standard equipment on the V. For those looking to buy a V I would not wait too long or pass on too many opportunities because there were only something like 3K XLR-V's ever made.

rangerxlrv
06-15-09, 01:54 PM

Percentage wise these cars really do not depreciate any more than just about any other new car when it's driven off the dealers lot. It's a pretty well known fact that buying new cars is a poor financial decision, but someone has got to do it or there would not be a used car market. I'm one of the guys who always buys new. I tend to buy high end performance vehicles and I don't like buying used because you never know where it's been or how bad it's been abused.

I don't mean to insult your boss, but why would anyone buy a new XLR-V and turn around and sell it after only 2K miles? My guess is he must have paid around 92K for the car so if he can get 85K he must have paid close to 13K (including taxes) to drive 2K miles in a XLR-V. Seems a little crazy to me, but then again a lot of folks think I'm crazy for buying new.

ryannel2003
06-15-09, 03:53 PM
He bought the car used back in February and from what he told me he got a killer deal off it. He sold the car and then bought another used XLR-V. I rode in it last week and it's an amazing car. If I had the cash I'd buy one tomorrow.

Harry_Wild
06-16-09, 10:59 PM
I know; I been pricing them. Still, I waiting for the right color and maybe a 2007 model year around $40 is my target. They list at $50s but I just wait till it goes down to my price range.

Thanks for the info.

That is my target price too for a 2007 XLR-V. $40 even. The dealership freak when I tell them what I want to pay them for it! I never receive call backs!

I just wait and time is on my side. They must love this car since they don't seem to want to deal!

In another six months, my price will be $35K - Winter! They be happy to hear from me and tell me how I am such a great customer. Summer brings out the worse in sales.