Simon Burch

Forrest Gump

It's a Wonderful Life

The Green Mile

Old Yeller

Homeward Bound

Stoneage_Caddy
07-01-04, 10:54 PM
for some reason "AI" got to me bad , but i watched it when it came out , at the time i hadnt seen my faimly in 4 years so maybe that had something to do with it

"shawshank redemtion" comes close to chokeing me up when the old man discovers he cant make it in the outside

outside that the only other time is when "elenore" gets crushed in gone in 60 seconds

Ralph
07-02-04, 03:34 AM
Real men don't cry, we break down and go nuts. :p

"Bambi" (yes Bambi by Disney)

and "Maximum Risk" (realizing Natty is with that Jean-Claude wimp!) :crying2: :crying: :yawn:

Donuts Kill
07-02-04, 04:33 AM
the end of armegedon....when the pilot of the shuttle goes to bruce willis's daughter and says "permission to shake the hand of the daughter of the bravest man i have ever met."

that always getts me...

T_Dogg8
07-02-04, 09:17 AM
fast and furious when the eclipse got blown up. at the time i owned an eclipse that look just like it (i built it before the movie came out and quickly changed it after the movie came out)

other than that, it would be armegedon, rudy (sometimes but not in a sad way), field of dreams, and backdraft when the guys brother dies. and when i was little i cried when goose dies on top gun :crying:

Msilva954
07-02-04, 10:25 AM
"shawshank redemtion"

Yep that movie brings a tear to my eye everytime I watch it.....I love the ending. One of my all time favorite movies.

"What Dreams may come" Is pretty sad too

lowscola
07-02-04, 12:08 PM
The 2000 Ravens NFL Films Super Bowl movie... and HEAT. I hate the end of that movie. Why did he have to go back? Very Sad.

Elvis
07-02-04, 12:27 PM
"The Natural," when Roy Hobbs hits the home run and blows the lights out, and he's rounding the bases with the sparks falling down, and they're playing that music, the ball keeps on sailing upward, and finally Roy's son catches it in a wheatfield in Iowa.

tru504187211
07-02-04, 05:55 PM
Passion of the Christ.

Godfather 3 ----the very last scene. Sooo alone... Sooo far away from everything he's ever known...

Dead Sled
07-05-04, 01:00 AM
gone in 60 secons with elenore :crying:

Spock
07-05-04, 05:22 AM
The most I've ever teared in a movie was the Passion of Christ. As a Muslim, we revere Jesus (pbuh), and do not believe he was in fact crucified, nor did he die for anyone sins. He was a very important Prophet. Hope this doesn't spin off to a religious debate where everyone leaves a "winner" and is angry at each other.

Star Trek II, when Spock died I was sad for the first time, and when the enterprise blew up in star trek III.

Msilva954
07-05-04, 10:19 AM
You know you cried when they got the whales.

ShadowLvr400
07-05-04, 12:36 PM
I don't cry. Old Yeller, didnt phase me, neither did Homeward Bound. And I'm a pet person. Its a Wonderful Life made me gag. And the Green Mile?... People cried at Green Mile? Even Gone in 60 Seconds didnt do it...

Elvis
07-05-04, 08:44 PM
we revere Jesus (pbuh), and do not believe he was in fact crucified, nor did he die for anyone sins.

You probably mean resurrected. He was definitely crucified, I never heard any disputes about that.

(whatever you believe, it's okay, I'm not trying to debate)

Spock
07-06-04, 12:22 AM
You know you cried when they got the whales.
The hell I didn't...:D (see movies colourful metaphors for reference) :rolleyes:

Msilva954
07-06-04, 12:27 AM
HAHAH....they have been showing that movie over and over this whole week on TV. Plus ive got the whole set of them too.....thats the best one.

Spock
07-06-04, 12:29 AM
You probably mean resurrected. He was definitely crucified, I never heard any disputes about that.

(whatever you believe, it's okay, I'm not trying to debate)
According to Islam, Jesus was not killed, nor was he resurrected and therefore did not die for anyones sins. In Christianity I believe it would be fair to say that Christ is the focal point, while in Islam the Qur'an (Islams holy book) is the focal point. The Qur'an claims divinity, Mohammed (pbuh) did not. That's the parallel to work with. The Prophets (pubt) were Messengers and preached Allah's will. Allah literally translates from Arabic to English as "The God", and I use the terms interchangably, I hope that doesn't offend anyone.

Just so ya'll know, I have no problem answering questions about Islam and I do not mind having civil religious discussions.

~Spock

Ralph
07-06-04, 02:01 AM
According to Islam, Jesus was not killed, nor was he resurrected and therefore did not die for anyones sins. In Christianity I believe it would be fair to say that Christ is the focal point, while in Islam the Qur'an (Islams holy book) is the focal point. The Qur'an claims divinity, Mohammed (pbuh) did not. That's the parallel to work with. The Prophets (pubt) were Messengers and preached Allah's will. Allah literally translates from Arabic to English as "The God", and I use the terms interchangably, I hope that doesn't offend anyone.

Just so ya'll know, I have no problem answering questions about Islam and I do not mind having civil religious discussions.

~Spock

It was common practice as usual for the Romans to crucify thousands of Christians, why would a man named Jesus be exempt?

I take it "Allah" is just another name for GOD, possibly the same one?

Spock
07-06-04, 03:11 AM
I'd also like to say that I'm not here to challenge anyones belief on the matter nor is it my effort to convert.

Because God saved Jesus(pbuh) and did not allow him to be crucified.

And yes, as I said, Allah literally translates to "The God" denoting Gods Oneness.

Ralph
07-06-04, 03:18 AM
I'd also like to say that I'm not here to challenge anyones belief on the matter nor is it my effort to convert.

Because God saved Jesus(pbuh) and did not allow him to be crucified.

And yes, as I said, Allah literally translates to "The God" denoting Gods Oneness.

Don't worry Spock, I respect you, and you are brave for admitting that in these politically charged times. You are a good person, that I know.

what is "(pbuh)"

How would you compare the Koran to the Holy Bible? If we are all God's children, why do the radical Muslems always opt for revenge instead of "turning the other cheek?" Why don't they respect life? I mean, they don't even respect their own life by commitiing suicide bombings?

Spock
07-06-04, 04:14 AM
PBUH- Peace be upon Him, it's something Muslims say aloud when they say a Prophets name so I guess it has just turned into the internet lingo of it lol.

The Qur'an would be compared to the Bible? As the third book giving the same message. The Qur'an says that the Bible and Torah have been corrupted by mankind, and that it is the last book to be sent down. And Mohammed (pbuh) is the last Prophet. I find among some Muslims a certain arrogance that comes with having "the last religion" or "the perfect book" when they do not realise that the three monotheistic religions and their books all share common ancestry and have the same stories.

That's one of the hardest questions to answer as a Muslim. Do these Muslims who blow themselves up go to heaven is the theological question that I pose to myself. In my understanding, they do not. 1. They killed themselves. 2. They killed innocent people. Two things that are strictly spoken against in the Qur'an.
Why do they do it? Again in my understanding, a lack of education, secular and religious which allow them to be brainwashed by radicals. And if they are educated and knowledgeable, then the question to ask is "What would drive someone to do this?" Pure hatred? Desperate living conditions? What kind of circumstances make people do this?

T_Dogg8
07-06-04, 10:58 AM

~Spock
if jesus wasn't killed, how do they feel he died??

JohnnyO
07-06-04, 11:21 AM
:coolgleam Only movie I ever cried at was "Brian's Song", but then I was kid at the time. I figure that regardless of what happens on the screen, it's just a movie and it isn't real. The film critic class in college sorta ruined me. :D

Elvis
07-06-04, 11:56 AM

~Spock

Just curious, according to Islam, how did Jesus die?

Spock
07-06-04, 03:00 PM
Never "died" in the human understanding of biological death, natural or artificial. Jesus (pbuh) was taken up to Heaven and was not allowed to be crucified.

Elvis
07-06-04, 07:08 PM
Never "died" in the human understanding of biological death, natural or artificial. Jesus (pbuh) was taken up to Heaven and was not allowed to be crucified.

That's even better.

LacSeville
07-06-04, 08:06 PM
wait, jesus was God in the flesh, and he suffered and died as a man. His soul didn't die, but his body did. His body was later ressurected to heaven... right? i'm not saying i'm correct, i'm suggesting?!

now, back on topic... i must be a weenie b/c "50 first dates" was pretty sad...approaching a wence in the eye.

CoupeDevilleRob
07-06-04, 08:18 PM
The end of Saving Private Ryan always gets to me, as most of them get killed one by one and when Tom Hanks dies in Matt Damon's arms. War movies always stir up some kind of emotion or inspiration in me.

Ralph
07-08-04, 04:20 PM
The end of Saving Private Ryan always gets to me, as most of them get killed one by one and when Tom Hanks dies in Matt Damon's arms. War movies always stir up some kind of emotion or inspiration in me.

Actually, the beginning gets to me more, when he is walking through the cemetary and salutes.

Also, Superman (1977) when Glen Ford (his father) has a heart attack. It just reminds us that anything can happen when you least expect it.

inmycadillac
07-08-04, 04:34 PM
Forrest Gump most definitely....:crying:

davesdeville
07-08-04, 05:26 PM
I almost cried in Dude, Where's My Car when Jessie lost his car.

No seriously, I'm sure as hell not gonna pay $9 to go cry. Not even 75c wendsdays at the ghetto movies 8. I go to the movies to have fun. I watch things like Soul Plane or How High.

T_Dogg8
07-08-04, 05:50 PM
I almost cried in Dude, Where's My Car when Jessie lost his car.

No seriously, I'm sure as hell not gonna pay $9 to go cry. Not even 75c wendsdays at the ghetto movies 8. I go to the movies to have fun. I watch things like Soul Plane or How High.
i don't like to pay 9 bucks to go see a movie that isn't worth seeing in a theater. movie's like that i just wait until it comes out on video.

Caddy Man
07-08-04, 06:54 PM
spock, where are you oringally from? I am also muslim. but about this thread, a scene that always chokes me is at the end of Terminator 2, when the terminator has to go, but he has been a protoector, almost a father to john throughout the last few days or thier ordeal, and john starts crying because he dosnt want him to go, but the terminator learns why john is crying, because earlier he couldnt not understand why humans cried. he realizes that human life is important and that he has to go, and when john connor orderes him not to go, the termiantor overrides his order. almost like he became more human in a way through human contact. then they had all the sad theme music playing...so yea that scene always chokes me up.

Spock
07-08-04, 11:49 PM
Me? I'm first generation Canadian, Mom from Africa Dad from Middle East. How about you?

Caddy Man
07-09-04, 01:09 AM
first generation american, i mean i was born in Pakistan, but moved here when i was a few months, so my whole life ive grown up here. 100% pakistani.

RBraczyk
07-10-04, 05:44 PM
Im third gen american from poland that is... Shawshank in the end from when morgan freeman gets free till when he meets up with...uh...damnit the white guy...

Elvis
07-10-04, 11:38 PM
Amc! Right Now! Rocky Ii!

RBraczyk
07-11-04, 01:35 AM
Tim robbins thats it

Lady Stardust
07-16-04, 12:37 AM
Well, I dont know if this thread applies to me, cuz I'm neither grown, nor a man, and I cry like a baby at almost every movie I see. But the one that always hits me the hardest is Braveheart. Oh, man, when he's dying, and he sees his wife's face in the crowds... 'scuse me, I have something in my eye.:crying: