: Aftermarket 12" sub in stock location in 2001 Seville?

curtc
02-02-09, 12:04 AM
well i've done some serious browsing through this forum and haven't found a whole lot of information on this...I've pretty much replaced the entire BOSE stereo, I started with an Alpine HU, and the only BOSE components that remain functional are the rear speakers in the doors, i have them spliced together with a pair of enclosed Infinity 6x9's put up on the rear deck for my L and R rear channels. The fronts have been replaced with a set of Infinity components with the tweeters mounted right by the rear view mirrors on each door...with the background laid, i've been using a 12" Rockford Fosgate P3 with a bridged 2-channel 800w Kenwood amp enclosed in a Q-Logic box and I want my truck space back! I tried hooking up a little 300w RF amp to the stock sub, sounded great at low volume, but it was too much for it to handle, rattled like crazy when I turned it up...so my question is, could I drop my P3 in the stock sub location? Obviously there'll be some trimming involved cause the P3 is way deeper than this stock P.O.S. but I think the stock sub in the Seville is a 12" right?

STSS
02-03-09, 08:20 PM
... but I think the stock sub in the Seville is a 12" right?

Right.:thepan:

How much searching could you have possibly done if you couldn't figure out what size the sub is?

curtc
02-05-09, 09:44 AM
well that isn't what i was searching for, i just want to know if it can be done and whether or not i need to buy a weak free-air sub to do it. i don't want to do that cause those are no good in my personal opinion...

egoboy88
03-20-09, 09:44 AM
I have a 1999 seville STS and I am thinking of doing the same thing. Since i don't want to restrict my trunk space. Anyone have an idea how to do this modification? Thanks

gust_1980
03-22-09, 01:16 AM
DONT DO IT!!!!!!

ive tried it, done it....doesnt work!

unless you are willing to do some SERIOUS, and i mean serious work to your trunk. sooo not worth it

egoboy88
03-22-09, 04:11 PM
Bad sound Quality?

gust_1980
03-23-09, 01:41 AM
yeah, basically. i was warned against it and still went through with it anyway. i just really wanted to know what it was going to do, and to my suprise....it did nothing!!!!

i think i posted earlier in another thread, but you have to find the right woofer that is built for free air with the correct t/s parameters, completely reinforce the rear deck lid, and completely seal off the trunk from the cab. GOOD LUCK!!!

just leave it alone and build a box dude, trust me