: new speakers with factory system.....????

grebesbakery
02-02-09, 12:39 AM
Have any of you guys replaced the to stock speakers and thats it. I'm wondering how it sounds using the factory deck. thanks

curtc
02-06-09, 04:38 PM
it might work but i dont think so because the BOSE stereo runs at something like .75 Ohms or some crazy number like that...better off replacing everything if you're thinking about upgrading the audio system in a caddy, but it does suck that's for sure!

grebesbakery
02-08-09, 11:48 AM
I really don't feel like getting amps and changing the HU, so my plan was to just replace the speakers. Seeing that Bose sounds like it isn't an option do you know of anyone that has just replaced with aftermarket speakers with good results? when my speaker weren't blown it really didn't sound that bad, better then a lot of factory systems i have heard. Any help would be great!

curtc
02-10-09, 01:54 PM
You're best bet is probably going to be finding ACTUAL DeVille speakers than because I doubt the factory HU delivers enough power to feed aftermarket speakers, you will be unsatisfied with the sound quality because of that lack of wattage...Most aftermarket speakers are designed to be powered by at least 50-100w. Under powering them won't do you any good...

grebesbakery
02-10-09, 07:47 PM
Even if I went with the infinity speakers that run at 2ohms. I have been reading that some people have been happy with those speakers. But I don't know if that was is bose or base HU.

You're best bet is probably going to be finding ACTUAL DeVille speakers than because I doubt the factory HU delivers enough power to feed aftermarket speakers, you will be unsatisfied with the sound quality because of that lack of wattage...Most aftermarket speakers are designed to be powered by at least 50-100w. Under powering them won't do you any good...

curtc
02-10-09, 08:17 PM
Maybe someone with a little more knowledge will chime in. I've done away with everything stock in my car and I'm much happier with the sound quality. There's no harm in trying, if you buy Infinity's put them in. If you're not happy take them out and return them(just play stupid and say you got the wrong size or something)...

davidaugust111
02-28-09, 03:04 PM
I'm interested in doing the same thing. I did add a Kenwood powered subwoofer which added some decent bottom end. I figured I'd go around to a couple of auto sound kind of places and ask what they'd recommend. I just want very good sound, not excellent.

CaptainFishpond
03-01-09, 11:49 AM
I hooked up aftermarket 6x9's and I though the factorys sounded better.

grebesbakery
03-02-09, 08:59 AM
what kind of 6x9's did u use?

cadillacnick99sls
03-03-09, 11:56 PM
I just bought 4 used speakers on ebay. but have not installed yet. I have snap krakle and pop on my rt door and left out. my system still sounds good even with these probs. Alot easier just buying used ones . just check there feed back first on ebay b4 you buy . just my opinion.:thumbsup: