: 93 Fleetwood stalls after idling

Cadifltwd
01-31-09, 07:02 PM
I was wondering if anyone could help with this situation, My Father-in-Law owns a 93 Fleetwood that up until about 3 weeks ago was running fine, now the car will idle fine for five minutes then do an idle hunt and finally stall, it will restart immediately and he can drive it without hestitation until he comes to a stop sign or traffic light then it will go thur the same procedure and stall, it will restart immediatley,also the service engine soon light comes on but goes off on a restart He has had to 3 mechanics and 1 dealership look at it, nobody has been able to fix it the history codes stored have been 125,128,133,143,145. here is a list of parts that have been replaced Oxygen sensor, idle control valve, throttle postion sensor, plugs,wires,distributor cap, rotor,air filter, heat temp sensor,fuel pump,gas line filter ,computer ingnition module. If anyone could shed some light on this problem I would be grateful.

Thanks

jey
02-02-09, 05:24 PM
I wonder if those are PCM codes or CCM codes. Powertrain codes on the 93 don't go to the 100s I don't think. Either way, it sound like an electrical issue - check all the grounds and make sure they are still good.

Cadifltwd
02-02-09, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the reply , I got the codes wrong so I should clarify them, under the 00 pointer the code is 45 and under the 01 pointer the codes are 22,25,28,33,43,44 also under the 04 pointer the codes is 72. I have changed out the positive battery cable and checked the negative cable and still haven't had any luck. Everyone who looks at the car seems to be stumped.

Thanks very much for your response

jey
02-03-09, 11:41 AM
Well 45 is left oxygen sensor - that might explain why the car dies after 5 minutes because the computer doesn't use the O2 sensor information until the car warms up. Has it already been replaced? Maybe the wiring/harness for that sensor is bad?

Cadifltwd
02-04-09, 05:28 PM
Thanks Jey for the input ,after many frustrating weeks the problem is finally fixed, apparently the Fuel Pressure regulator was bad.