: New CTS-V in my garage $5400 discount!

s4ologist
01-31-09, 01:12 PM
It was time for a toy: Finished residency 7 months ago, now doing my military payback time in the Air Force (4 years) in exchange for them paying for medical school.

The car is black, with Nav, 6 sp manual, Recaro seats, faux-suede on the shifter and steering wheel, sunroof and polished wheels. The car is fantastic, and I can carry the wife and kids as well.

I had waited quite a while, heckling various dealerships with the proposal that they give me the military discount, but for over a month, none went for it. Finally, the one in Austin said they would, but only on cars without recaro seats (they had 8 cars on the lot at the time). Finally, I checked Wagner Cadillac in Tyler. They had only one car, but it was a fully loaded car with recaros. I was SHOCKED when they immediately agreed to honor the GM military discount. I registered the car in Oklahoma (we moved in a bad market so I kept our house there and am renting it out), so I saved $2K on tax, and won't have to have the vehicle inspected (for future tuning purposes).

Thanks for reading my little story. Happy hunting to those who are looking!

GM-4-LIFE
01-31-09, 01:17 PM
CONGRATS DOC!!!!

ENJOY your new V. You deserve it!

Thank you for serving in the military and awesome job getting that discount! That is a huge discount on a new V!

SG

OldDrummer55
01-31-09, 02:00 PM
Outstanding deal Doc! Would you share the MSRP and what the final price was? Thanks,
Mark
USAF 1973 - 94

s4ologist
01-31-09, 02:07 PM
Sure.

The MSRP was $67600, and after the discount I paid $62100. By the way, last I checked, the dealer in Norman, OK was also willing to honor the military discount, if anyone is interested (they didn't have the options I wanted, though, so that's why I held out).

OldDrummer55
01-31-09, 02:13 PM
Sure.

The MSRP was $67600, and after the discount I paid $62100. By the way, last I checked, the dealer in Norman, OK was also willing to honor the military discount, if anyone is interested (they didn't have the options I wanted, though, so that's why I held out).

Thanks for the info Doc and thanks for your service. :patriot:

razl
01-31-09, 03:34 PM
Congrats to you on your purchase and thank you so very much for your continued service!

Also - big shout out to GM and the dealership that honored the GM military discount. All active and vet service members should get this sort of treatment by all American businesses!!! Every single one of us owes them a debt!

:usflag:

urbanski
01-31-09, 03:42 PM
pics!

hey....i think i know you....how was MURT? :)

s4ologist
01-31-09, 04:19 PM
I wondered if that was you! (I had a modded 2001 Audi S4 before, thus my login id).

MURT wasn't bad. I'm glad we did it in January... Summer would have been pretty bad.

V-Love
01-31-09, 04:29 PM
Congrats on the great deal and finding the ultimate car(blk/blk, 6speed, recaros). They should all honor the military discount. 4 years doesn't sound too bad for medical school. I don't think you could make enough in 4 years to live and pay back those types of loans. I'm too old for the military now, though. Enjoy and thanks in advance for the service.

Tasos
01-31-09, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the service and enjoy the V!!!!!!

dvandentop
01-31-09, 10:19 PM
congrats on the new v and thanks for the service the 01 s4 was a good car, i had a 00 back in the day and now have a 04 s4 gas sucker