: My CTS V 2009, in the Middle East, Dubai.

ctsv5005
01-31-09, 11:50 AM
Hi to everyone. Well i have waited for this car for so long (since sep 2008). I would like to start my story first. I was actually buying a M5. And was half way through, all things were done, just after a day I had to make the payment to my local BMW dealer, this same night I was out with my friend and went into a shop, as soon as i was going to leave the shop, i spotted a magzine in the magazine rack, which had the new cts v on the front page.

Well well..i picked the magazine up, and it was stated in bold fonts 0-100 kmh in 3.9 seconds. Fastest Sedan in the world. I was like what the ....... I told my friend what is this, I thought the m5 was the king of sedan cars. i bought the magazine, went home, read the articles, saw the pictures, opened my laptop, checked everything which I could, and i want to tell you guys i owned e39 m5, so you guys can imagine how badly i wanted the new m5, but this car just changed the way i look at american muscle now.

So what i did was the next morning, i called cadillac ( liberty ) and made the bookings, all they knew was that its coming next year (2009) at that time, so i made the booking and headed towards bmw dealer. I told them I wont be buying the car, and believe me you guys till now they didnot refund me the deposit, and till now that silver bmw m5 which i was gonna buy is not sold, lol. anyways staff at bmw here are really mean. I would end my long story now.

So my car finally is here in the port, dealer called me today and told me congrats, now just 2 more days to clear the customs and then PDI within end of this week my car will be with me :cool2: . I'll post the pics as soon as i get my car.

Its red with full options ( for middle east ).
Thanks for reading everyone.
Cheers.
F.N.K

Jayrcr3
01-31-09, 12:02 PM
Congrats on the new ride. These are truly awesome cars.

GM-4-LIFE
01-31-09, 12:19 PM
Congrats on your new V. I can't believe you got one in the middle east that fast when there are people here in the U.S. that are dying to get their hands on one!

SG

OldDrummer55
01-31-09, 12:56 PM
Ditto on the congrats! Do you have any Dubai highways in mind where you can really open her up and run hard?

ctsv5005
01-31-09, 01:42 PM
Congrats on your new V. I can't believe you got one in the middle east that fast when there are people here in the U.S. that are dying to get their hands on one!

SG

yup.. actually the dealer are getting just 5 to 6 cars, and this would be the only shipment for 6months, because they were telling me the production has been stopped for some reason and will commence after some time, so the next shipment for the middle east is really going to be late. thanks

F.N.K

ctsv5005
01-31-09, 01:43 PM
Ditto on the congrats! Do you have any Dubai highways in mind where you can really open her up and run hard?

yes for sure bro. we have on the northern side, really wide and open roads. ill be posting videos in the future.

F.N.K

ctsv5005
01-31-09, 01:47 PM
AERO1: bro could you tell me something about break in period of the engine? is it really necessary? how many kms(miles)? because mostly here in the middle east people buy cars and drive like they stole them, and same is my case. but still want to know more about break in, my dealer told me to drive below 4rpm till 1000 kms, after that, BOOOOM!!!

F.N.K

GM-4-LIFE
01-31-09, 02:06 PM
AERO1: bro could you tell me something about break in period of the engine? is it really necessary? how many kms(miles)? because mostly here in the middle east people buy cars and drive like they stole them, and same is my case. but still want to know more about break in, my dealer told me to drive below 4rpm till 1000 kms, after that, BOOOOM!!!

F.N.K

I have almost 700 miles on mine now and when it came off the truck, it had only 7 miles on it and I drove it like it I stole it! Every GM vehicle I have had has run better and faster when I drove it hard during the initial break-in period.

If something breaks, that is what the warranty is for.

As long as you take care of the entire car with maintenance, you can drive it as hard as you want.

Every car I took it easy on always had problems, so after seeing how much better cars ran after being broken in hard, I did that with every car and so far, so good with no problems.

SG

concorso
01-31-09, 02:24 PM
There are arguments that say that if you DONT run your car hard initially, the engine will never perform to its full potential. Something about rings sealing properly or something like that...

ALQ
01-31-09, 02:46 PM
CTSV5005, i've been going through the same thing.. i was almost about to order a Lingenfelter 427TT Escalade from the states, Through Liberty Motor Sports (Cadillac/Chevy Dealership's Tuning Division), and one of the guys at the sales department told me the new ctsv is coming to town! i too got a call from our local dealer, and gave me the good news! I Ordered a Black on Black, Recaro, sunroof, etc.. its the only black on black in town :D!!

Congrats to you, and to all 09 ctsv owners, i've been checking the forums every day, for updates, but now it looks like im gonna be a regular member here! I love caddies, and a Loyal GM customer!

V-Love
01-31-09, 03:54 PM
So, I'll be expecting some 2009 CTS-V vids like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1InZCpvY25s

It looks like you guys don't really need open roads.
I love these vids.

ctsv5005
01-31-09, 03:55 PM
I have almost 700 miles on mine now and when it came off the truck, it had only 7 miles on it and I drove it like it I stole it! Every GM vehicle I have had has run better and faster when I drove it hard during the initial break-in period.

If something breaks, that is what the warranty is for.

As long as you take care of the entire car with maintenance, you can drive it as hard as you want.

Every car I took it easy on always had problems, so after seeing how much better cars ran after being broken in hard, I did that with every car and so far, so good with no problems.

SG

yes you are right, if you break it hard, its faster, ive heard this and experienced it too with the e39 m5. post some vids bro.

F.N.K

V-Love
01-31-09, 03:56 PM
Congrats on picking up a great car. However it looks like you don't need wide open roads or highways. I'll be expecting some good vid of you driving your V like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1InZCpvY25s

I screwed up the embeddment. Just click on the Youtube title above the picture.
Crazy Arabs.....I think not. Talented, I'd say. OK, crazy too.

Sorry for the double post.

ctsv5005
01-31-09, 03:59 PM
CTSV5005, i've been going through the same thing.. i was almost about to order a Lingenfelter 427TT Escalade from the states, Through Liberty Motor Sports (Cadillac/Chevy Dealership's Tuning Division), and one of the guys at the sales department told me the new ctsv is coming to town! i too got a call from our local dealer, and gave me the good news! I Ordered a Black on Black, Recaro, sunroof, etc.. its the only black on black in town :D!!

Congrats to you, and to all 09 ctsv owners, i've been checking the forums every day, for updates, but now it looks like im gonna be a regular member here! I love caddies, and a Loyal GM customer!

wow man.. i feel so good for you that you got the cts v instead of Escalade. Nice color too, i got red. The cts v just looks so fresh, new generation kind of a car really. I really just dont know how I fell in love with this car that i just didnt buy the new m5. A german car fan becomes an american car fan overnight.

F.N.K

ctsv5005
01-31-09, 04:20 PM
Congrats on picking up a great car. However it looks like you don't need wide open roads or highways. I'll be expecting some good vid of you driving your V like this.

YouTube - Arab Drifting,Car Tricks, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1InZCpvY25s)

I screwed up the embeddment. Just click on the Youtube title above the picture.
Crazy Arabs.....I think not. Talented, I'd say. OK, crazy too.

Sorry for the double post.

LOL. no man, I can do this to my suv, but not the cts v, yea donuts and race breaks will do.

thebigjimsho
02-01-09, 02:26 AM
You get snow tires for it? I heard you got snow in your parts recently...

ALQ
02-01-09, 03:44 AM
You get snow tires for it? I heard you got snow in your parts recently...

haha, yeah, we get snow for 3 days, every 4 years ... so i dont think we'll need snow tires.. on the other hand, i would'nt mind mounting some paddle tires on the back haha!! :cool2:

CTSV5005, i just cant wait till the car is out of the port, its driving me crazy!!

wahala
02-01-09, 04:46 AM
You can always test your snow tires here:
http://www.skidxb.com/English/default.aspx

Lots of great roads around Dubai to run your V2, just watch out for the camels (really)

ctsv5005
02-01-09, 06:07 AM
haha, yeah, we get snow for 3 days, every 4 years ... so i dont think we'll need snow tires.. on the other hand, i would'nt mind mounting some paddle tires on the back haha!! :cool2:

CTSV5005, i just cant wait till the car is out of the port, its driving me crazy!!

its driving me even crazier, where do you stay exactly?..i live in ajman. so lets see if we can meet up or something. if you can pm me your details that would be cool. my car is coming this wednesday or thursday, the custom papers might come before the car. cheers

thebigjimsho
02-01-09, 03:31 PM
exciting! :ohnoes:

proexpert
02-01-09, 09:02 PM
Congratulations to you. :thumbsup:

Don't drive it off the edge. :D

http://www.cadquest.com/pictures/dubai-1.jpg

V-Love
02-01-09, 09:46 PM
Congratulations to you. :thumbsup:

Don't drive it off the edge. :D

http://www.cadquest.com/pictures/dubai-1.jpg

I gotta check that place out some time. There is some cool shite going on there. Although, I have to check into the drinking thing.:alchi:

Short-Throw
02-01-09, 10:09 PM
yes you are right, if you break it hard, its faster, ive heard this and experienced it too with the e39 m5. post some vids bro.

F.N.K

Congratulations on the new V.

The break in is not for the engine. The engine is broken in on the dyno.

The break in precautions are for the differential.

The computer will learn your driving habits so give it a good workout........after you've given the differential proper time.

Mike

proexpert
02-01-09, 10:13 PM
I always like to be real easy on the brakes for the first 500 miles or so.

thebigjimsho
02-01-09, 11:48 PM
Let me know when that insano tower is done...

ctsv5005
02-02-09, 05:53 AM
The computer will learn your driving habits so give it a good workout........after you've given the differential proper time.

Mike

can u please be more detailed about the above in bold letters. thanks alot for the advice.

Short-Throw
02-02-09, 08:57 AM
can u please be more detailed about the above in bold letters. thanks alot for the advice.

Nothing cryptic here.

The break in is for the drivetrain.

The transmission and specifically the differential need time for the ring and pinion gears to match up for longevity. Although temptation is always lingering to stomp on it, hold off until you've followed the owners manual recommended break in mileage.

The GM engineers have spent far more money and research on break in than any back alley wrench that thinks he/she may know better.

The most important thing in general is to allow the coolant and oil temps to warm up to normal operating ranges before flogging it.

Mike

MYV8ABMR
02-02-09, 10:00 AM
Congrats! Youre going to love it! Im addicted!

Razorecko
02-02-09, 10:06 AM
Like throw has mentioned. Always give it some warm up time and even a bit of cool off time in the beginning. You can flog it from the get go but dont do it from a standing start or from 1st gear. For the first 500miles i like to get on the highway and do some wot runs from 2nd + above gears with a few minutes of cooling time in between each run. If on a manual i'd wot it and than let the gear wind down after it hits max rpms. You dont want to be wot shifting that new double clutch :cool2:

ctsv5005
02-02-09, 01:01 PM
thanks alot throw and razor. guys my dealer has told me to drive it normally till 1,000 kms. so what do u guys recommend? and yup sure ill always make sure the car is warm enough. anyways its my first caddy, so what do u guys have to say about the drive train and differential of the car. is it strong enough and has a long life? and what is written in the user manual? thanks

dxb78
02-02-09, 04:06 PM
Congrats on your new CTS-V ..

I have Escalade ..I went last week to dealer to trade in my 08 Escalade with CTS-V ..too bad the shipment which is coming in less than 10 days all booked..I have to wait for next month unless some one change his mind cancel the deal...will see if I success in getting one...

ctsv5005
02-02-09, 04:13 PM
Congrats on your new CTS-V ..

I have Escalade ..I went last week to dealer to trade in my 08 Escalade with CTS-V ..too bad the shipment which is coming in less than 10 days all booked..I have to wait for next month unless some one change his mind cancel the deal...will see if I success in getting one...

the shipment has arrived already. yes it all booked, but you will not have to wait till next month, but you will have to wait for maybe 3 months. im sorry but thats the truth. the company will tell you lies mostly. dont believe in them. my car has arrived already, it is waiting for custom clearance. i hope some one cancels his booking and you get the car. by the way, if you want one i can get you one from the dealer. because from who i bought the car has 1 in hand i think. so do let me know. just pm me if you want. cheers

nc09v2
02-04-09, 09:22 AM
Contrats on your purchase, you will not be disappointed with the V. I am very pleased with mine, passed on a Mercedes C63 and got it instead.

A little off topic, but any chance you could get some pictures of the car with QE2 in the background? I was aboard her last crossing in October, and understand she is still in Port Rashid awaiting conversion.

Enjoy the new car!

Mazz
02-05-09, 04:16 AM
Congo-RATZ Bro :P

i sooo envy you , im included in the looooong list of people who are waiting for the next shipment or any canceled orders

wish u all the best o and by the way, break-in as u want , easy or hard , in the end its a V ^_^ Enjoy it

by the way , if u ever go cruizing around jumaira call me up @ 050-6226372 :P we'll show them how its done ;)

razl
02-05-09, 09:19 AM
Come on, where's the pics? We all wanna see it out there!

:postpics:

ALQ
02-05-09, 09:21 AM
Congratz ctsv5005, it was nice meeting you at the dealer yesterday...

I am just speechless! the car is perfect! i have never driven a car which is so cumfy, sporty, sounds alright... I AM IN LOVE LOL! :bouncy: ... i didnt really mind the drone issue, if your playin some good music, you wont even realize it that much... ohh my god, the torque, is amazing, i've driven e55's, e63's, m5's, m6's.. nothing as torque as this, ive been cruising around for the past two days, at 15% throttle, and if need be to overtake someone on the highway, 25% is enough ...

though there is one thing i dislike about the whole car! ... the carbonfiber is BAD!!! it isnt real carbon fiber, and its very disappointing.. does anyone here on the forums know where i could order real carbon fiber trim for the whole car?

Mazz, congrats up front :bouncy: i hope you get your caddy soon !

ctsv5005
02-05-09, 12:56 PM
Contrats on your purchase, you will not be disappointed with the V. I am very pleased with mine, passed on a Mercedes C63 and got it instead.

A little off topic, but any chance you could get some pictures of the car with QE2 in the background? I was aboard her last crossing in October, and understand she is still in Port Rashid awaiting conversion.

Enjoy the new car!

hi, what is QE2?

ctsv5005
02-05-09, 12:58 PM
Congo-RATZ Bro :P

i sooo envy you , im included in the looooong list of people who are waiting for the next shipment or any canceled orders

wish u all the best o and by the way, break-in as u want , easy or hard , in the end its a V ^_^ Enjoy it

by the way , if u ever go cruizing around jumaira call me up @ 050-6226372 :P we'll show them how its done ;)

wishing you best of luck, great car, great engine. im just in love like ALQ is :-)

whisler151
02-05-09, 12:58 PM
hi, what is QE2?

I believe the ship Queen Elizabeth 2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Queen_Elizabeth_2

ctsv5005
02-05-09, 01:00 PM
Congratz ctsv5005, it was nice meeting you at the dealer yesterday...

I am just speechless! the car is perfect! i have never driven a car which is so cumfy, sporty, sounds alright... I AM IN LOVE LOL! :bouncy: ... i didnt really mind the drone issue, if your playin some good music, you wont even realize it that much... ohh my god, the torque, is amazing, i've driven e55's, e63's, m5's, m6's.. nothing as torque as this, ive been cruising around for the past two days, at 15% throttle, and if need be to overtake someone on the highway, 25% is enough ...

though there is one thing i dislike about the whole car! ... the carbonfiber is BAD!!! it isnt real carbon fiber, and its very disappointing.. does anyone here on the forums know where i could order real carbon fiber trim for the whole car?

Mazz, congrats up front :bouncy: i hope you get your caddy soon !

i drove my brother's m6 but this car, for its weight, is really good and well balanced. i didnt notice any drone in my car, its very silent. hey ALQ im driving it hard sometimes, because i want the engine to open ASAP, and if there is any problem, what is warranty for?.. anyways its ur choice, take care and enjoy

ctsv5005
02-05-09, 02:38 PM
I believe the ship Queen Elizabeth 2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Queen_Elizabeth_2

how am i suppose to get a pic with the QE2 in background? can u be a bit more clear. thanks

Kmajecki
02-05-09, 02:54 PM
how am i suppose to get a pic with the QE2 in background? can u be a bit more clear. thanks

I am only guessing here, but maybe if you were to do the following:
1. Drive to the port it is in (Port Rashid)
2. Have the big boat on one side of the car and you on the other side of the car holding a camera
3. Turn on the camera and push the button
That should work although i'm no photographer....

***Important note: Don't drive into the water, keep the car on land near the port***
:)

ctsv5005
02-06-09, 06:54 AM
pics posted as promised.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/160924-pictures-my-ctsv-2009-dubai.html

ctsv5005
02-06-09, 10:22 AM
Come on, where's the pics? We all wanna see it out there!

:postpics:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/160924-pictures-my-ctsv-2009-dubai.html

ALQ
02-08-09, 01:37 AM
w00t w00t!! the torque is mind boggling ! :worship::worship:
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2155/99/27/503923459/n503923459_1409359_9211.jpg

ctsv5005
02-08-09, 06:02 AM
for sure it is.

OldDrummer55
02-08-09, 11:34 AM
I am only guessing here, but maybe if you were to do the following:
1. Drive to the port it is in (Port Rashid)
2. Have the big boat on one side of the car and you on the other side of the car holding a camera
3. Turn on the camera and push the button
That should work although i'm no photographer....

***Important note: Don't drive into the water, keep the car on land near the port***
:)

And please be careful of the lads from your General Department of State Security. Taking photos in a port can cause problems... :yup:

GMX322V S/C
02-08-09, 03:40 PM
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2155/99/27/503923459/n503923459_1409359_9211.jpgCongrats--she looks great! Too bad they mounted the front plate--can you lose it or is your local law enforcement pretty strict about that? Besides how it looks, you'll want as much airflow as possible into that baby!

ctsv5005
02-09-09, 06:35 AM
Congrats--she looks great! Too bad they mounted the front plate--can you lose it or is your local law enforcement pretty strict about that? Besides how it looks, you'll want as much airflow as possible into that baby!

i totally agree with u, that thing kinda blocks the air, so ive fixed it on the right side above the fog light. it looks better than on the grill. cheers.

thebigjimsho
02-09-09, 11:13 PM
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2155/99/27/503923459/n503923459_1409359_9211.jpg
c'mon, that's Miami... :D