: I would like to 'update' the Performance Parts Mega-Post

Raze
01-30-09, 01:33 PM
Like the title says, and anyone reading this with modded systems that aren't covered in there need to PM me or post to this thread so I can recompile the listing. Be forewarned w/o pictures, dynos, videos or testimonials from other memebers it won't make this round...

Thanks!

Ur7x
01-30-09, 04:27 PM
Whenever posible we should try and make sure that whatever we put in that thread is documented and supported with back to back dyno or quarter mile runs

Lets not have a repeat of the D3 thread.

urbanski
01-30-09, 04:28 PM
haha yeah.
let me know when ready

Raze
01-31-09, 01:18 AM
Whenever posible we should try and make sure that whatever we put in that thread is documented and supported with back to back dyno or quarter mile runs

Lets not have a repeat of the D3 thread.

This is why I'm asking for info from people, I have some ideas on including info on OBD-I vs OBD-II setups, including AJ's results which while I agree are the best 'OEM' results thus far, may not totally encompass everything done. I also want to add links to caddyinfo archives with dynos and results of simple thing like CAI and hogging out the air box. There are so many things that can be added.

Personally I want to add info about a phone conversation I had with Bob Ida of Ida Automotive who has sucessfully piggybacked our OEM computer for his turbo upgrade in his brother's 1948 Tucker hand-built replica documented in Hot Rod magazine...

FI, Nitrous, CAI, custom tunes, transmission gear swaps, LSD, high stall torque converters, piggy-back systems, stickier tire options, anything that gets you from a-b faster, inculding suspension mods, brake upgrades, weight reduction including but not limited to custom fiber glass or carbon fiber body parts, interior gutting, wheel/rim selection, etc.

WEIGH IN, I WANT TO HEAR IT ALL, HERE OR PM ME!

(Urb, any way to double up this thread and provide a link to it from the regualr eldo/seville/deville forum?)

THANKS!

Ur7x
01-31-09, 02:11 AM
Sadly the results for the AJ tune are still inconclusive.

Submariner is getting the latest tune in a few days and he has committed to another back to back test like Codewise did.

We know in Codewise's stock STS AJ's tuned PCM did not help...
We will see if Sub's 2002 F55 STS goes faster.

As we are right now, IMO your original "Performance" Post is still accurate and complete.

urbanski
01-31-09, 06:34 AM
copied