: blue diamond tricoat

z71burb
01-30-09, 02:03 AM
ive been having a hard time making a decision on color. its between silver and the blue, and ive seen both on base cts's on a lot in the sun/shade, but id like to see more hi res pics of the blue on a 'v'. i know its a lot to ask, because it seems like a hard color to come by, which is why it peaks my interest. ive seen the very few pics on the site, i just wanted to see if any of the dealers can help me out when they start to get more inventory in.

thanks!!

jon r.

gto_in_nc
01-30-09, 10:35 AM
Local dealer (in Wilmington, NC) has a black V and has non-Vs in every other color in which the V is offered, including blue. The blue one is parked near the V and I have driven through the parking lot for weeks, morning, noon & night, in the fog, in the rain, in the snow, on clear days, cloudy days -- you name it. Heck! Now they just wave when they see me drive through. I have seen a bazillion variations of color, hue & luminance from it, from almost non-metallic navy to a sparkling near-periwinkle to a dusty blueberry-ish color to glowing azure. Only once did I see a color I didn't like (too close to cerulean for my car tastes.) One thing I will DEFINITELY say is that photographs I have seen simply do not do the color justice. EDIT: That said, however, I would also like to see high-quality pics of blue Vs!!!

(I think I've made up my mind on the question of what color V I want...) :)

haterinc
01-30-09, 10:57 AM
the blue is the def the one color i've seen the least of... i saw one V2 owner had pics of it posted on here somewhere and it sure was purrrty. i'd really like to see that in person. the thunder gray was much better in person than the pics did justice, that is for sure

ExtraV
01-30-09, 11:05 AM
I was the blue at the car show here under all the lights and it certainly was not for me. If you are going with a dark color, nothing is better than black. It looks killer. Your other choice, silver, is good too. It hides alot of the excessive chrome on the front.