: HELLLLLP....Doors dont lock; also cant put gas in tank AGGHHH

needsumhelp
01-29-09, 10:04 PM
OK....here goes nothing....mechanic has no clue what it could be .... Also sorry for wording...not very mechanically inclined LOL

Issue: Passenger front and rear doors will not electrically lock. Only work manually. The remote will unlock/lock drivers door.

Main Problem is that my gas tank (the plate that covers in anyway) automatically locks when doors lock....seems as though the car thinks it is in lock mode as I cannot move the license plate back to access the fuel tank and put gas in the car. Is there any way to manually open it???? The license plate does not budge when car is on or off...........Please someone/anyone help....I would be eternally grateful XO Crissy

csbuckn
01-29-09, 10:23 PM
We need more info like year, make and model.

needsumhelp
01-29-09, 10:29 PM
OMG..total blonde......So Sorry..........My Cadillac is a 1993 RWD Fleetwood

Old Fleetwood
01-30-09, 12:00 AM
If your '93 is like my '95,
OPEN THE TRUNK WITH A KEY,
LOOK DIRECTLY FORWARD OF THE REAR BULKHEAD TO THE LEFT,
THERE YOU WILL SEE A CHROME LEVER,
FLIP IT TO THE LEFT,
THAT WILL UNLOCK/OPEN THE LICENCE PLATE/GAS CAP SHIELD.
That should get access to the fuel filler.:cloud9:
After that, try to get the Owners Manual and other such goodies like the Factory Service Manuals.
They can actually be fun reading! :p

thefleetwoodguy
01-30-09, 12:04 AM
OMG..total blonde......So Sorry..........My Cadillac is a 1993 RWD Fleetwood

open the trunk on the drivers side, rear of the trunk floor , there is a lever, looks like door lock button, just move that to unlock plate, also check or replace the door lock relay, located behind the drivers side kick panel forward near the firewall

needsumhelp
01-30-09, 01:13 AM
Just wanted to tell you guys thank you so very much for the help........I successfully found the switch.....and am so grateful to have found this forum!