: I am officially ruined, thanks Tony

ahahnu
01-29-09, 08:09 PM
Here it goes... a few years ago my parents moved to Florida. Around the same time I bought my V1 and joined this forum. For about four years I have been wanting to go say hi and meet Cadillac Tony. It's always nice to put a face to a name.
Today was the day of reckoning.
I pulled up to the dealer, and Tony was waiting for me outside (unintentional, but funny). I had yet to even see a V2 in person, and he has 6. After the meet and greet, he asks me if I had seen the V2s and walks me over to them. He opens it up and encourages me to get in (slight arm twist). We go over the car, open the hood, he gets the key and starts it up. What a sound. After a little while of the car warming up, he asks if I'd want to take it for a spin (twisting both arms now)!
Here is where we get to the meat and potatoes. Knowing it was a new car, and not mine I didn't want to beat on it. He gives me directions to some back roads where I could "test it out." He shows me how the paddle shifters work and all the gadgets. Way cool car. So now we are on the way back to the dealer, at a stop sign, Tony tells me to let the cars in front of me go a little bit to get a good run up. I won't tell you how fast (believe me not too disrespectful). WOW. Launching from 5 mph to ... was one of the sickest things ever. I felt like I was in the dragster roller coaster at Cedar Point. I never felt the car shift. It just pulled, and pulled. I was truely impressed. Definately the high light of my trip.
Tony, thank you. You were a gracious host, I really appreciate it. I had no intention to take it for a spin, but since you offered, there was no way I'd say no. Thanks again.

Fire and Ice
01-29-09, 08:39 PM
Sounds like a good way to be ruined :)

thebigjimsho
01-30-09, 04:14 AM
Tony ruins a lot of things. Ask JimmyH and lawfive...

thebigjimsho
01-30-09, 04:15 AM
I still can't believe it's been over a year since meeting Tony and the guys and seeing the V2 at Detroit...

urbanski
01-30-09, 06:51 AM
hes cute too

thebigjimsho
01-30-09, 07:09 AM
Tny is teh ITLYN STLN!

ahahnu
01-30-09, 10:21 PM
Tny is teh ITLYN STLN!

I went with my mom, and after we left she said he was the best dressed / put together of all the guys there. lol

Tony - I was thinking about the ZR1 vs CTS-V pricing. They are prolly charging so much more for the ZR1 since they sell many less ZR1s then the V (I'm sure you know official #s). With that I'm sure the research and design to the suspension / engine (since the didn't touch the interior) cost alot, vs the V where the regular CTS benefitted from allthe research and design to the frame, body, etc.

thebigjimsho
01-30-09, 10:31 PM
I don't think it could ever be stated enough what Tony has done for this community. He is always there with an answer on ANY Caddy, he's upright, honest and straightforward.

There are a few good dealers and GM people on this forum, but if anyone deserves your business, it's Cadillac Tony. I may live 1,400 miles away, but I plan on buying all my Cadillacs from him from now on...

Ketzer
01-31-09, 08:28 AM
Ditto from us on buying from Tony. We've bought 6 new cars over the past 10 years, this was by far the best experience we've had. Well worth the drive or flight or however you get there.

Jeff-

Cadillac Tony
01-31-09, 10:18 AM
Thanks guys. I just do what little I can to reverse the Salesman stereotype. I try to help out with tech knowledge on the forums if possible, and if I get lucky, sell a car every once in a while. :)

AlmostAV
01-31-09, 05:11 PM
Look for my thread over the next couple of days that further points to the fact that Tony Pagano, and Plaza Cadillac are THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS. Thumbs up Tony.

ahahnu
01-31-09, 09:58 PM
Salesman stereotype

No offense I hate salesmen. I am one and can see right through all the bull sh!t. There was no bull.