: Corsa has finished designing the 1st mufflers for the 09V

Nutz
01-29-09, 06:22 PM
Forum member "chris1268" has the honor of owning this fine automobile that was donated for r&d! Great car Chris.

I took some video for anyone interested in somewhat hearing the sounds from my cheap audio camera.

TubrKfZFo10
aSk3_LjlW8U
oOl-ztofEOo

GM-4-LIFE
01-29-09, 06:25 PM
Is the factory drone gone?

The drone in my A6 V is kind of annoying!

Any video clips of the car driving away under WOT?

Any ETA of the release of this exhaust system?

SG

Nutz
01-29-09, 06:28 PM
Is the factory drone gone?

SG

Drone as I perceive it, is gone...

GM-4-LIFE
01-29-09, 06:31 PM
Drone as I perceive it, is gone...

I would buy the Corsa system just for that reason alone!

It sounds ok, but I would love it if it had that Borla rumble WITHOUT the interior drone. There is no way to have both. It's just not possible.

It does have that typical Corsa motorboat idle sound.

If the price is right, I will buy one for sure!

SG

Nutz
01-29-09, 06:49 PM
I would buy the Corsa system just for that reason alone!

It sounds ok, but I would love it if it had that Borla rumble WITHOUT the interior drone. There is no way to have both. It's just not possible.

It does have that typical Corsa motorboat idle sound.

If the price is right, I will buy one for sure!

SG

As for WOT run request. The owner of this vehicle is hundreds of miles away and his license plates are visible here. I would not want to hear about a mail-in ticket for speeding with roadsigns present. For that reason I would have to say no, there is no video of this car under WOT as far as I know.

Member's may be excited to hear that a "system" is the thing of the past. Due to clearance issues (for the oval shaped pipe passing under the crossmember) this car was used for bolt-on muffler's and tips only. That means user friendly for dealers (with drone complaints maybe... hmm), AND a more affordable way to get some rumble.

wait4me
01-29-09, 06:56 PM
Are they still picking up one of mine for testing on a manual car? I never got the call back.

Nutz
01-29-09, 07:03 PM
Are they still picking up one of mine for testing on a manual car? I never got the call back.

Can't help ya there. Give them a call. :thumbsup:

GM-4-LIFE
01-29-09, 07:05 PM
As for WOT run request. The owner of this vehicle is hundreds of miles away and his license plates are visible here. I would not want to hear about a mail-in ticket for speeding with roadsigns present. For that reason I would have to say no, there is no video of this car under WOT as far as I know.

Member's may be excited to hear that a "system" is the thing of the past. Due to clearance issues (for the oval shaped pipe passing under the crossmember) this car was used for bolt-on muffler's and tips only. That means user friendly for dealers (with drone complaints maybe... hmm), AND a more affordable way to get some rumble.

I just wanted to see what my V would sound like driving away. It didn't have to be under WOT acceleration.

So, these are just Corsa mufflers WITHOUT having to swap out the entire system? That is awesome and I am sure lower cost too! Let's hope Corsa will give us V owners a good price on a set. If they do, I am sure they will sell every set them make!

Any ETA from Corsa on when these may be available?

SG

chris1268
01-29-09, 07:06 PM

Thanks for posting the videos........I am certain many tickets will be coming my way; they will obviously hear me coming now, unfortunately I am sure they will be under my license.:shhh::shhh: Thanks for your input also since you are a lot closer to my car than I am. I appreciate the assistance.

Nutz
01-29-09, 07:12 PM
I just wanted to see what my V would sound like driving away. It didn't have to be under WOT acceleration.

Any ETA from Corsa on when these may be available?

SG

The roads are crap here right now for something with that kind of h.p.

Call for pricing. My friends that just got back to work in the shop are eager to make more!

GM-4-LIFE
01-29-09, 07:14 PM
I just hope Corsa hits the market with these soon. If they do, they will have the market cornered on these mufflers.

Borla said 60-90 days at the least!

SG

Razorecko
01-29-09, 07:33 PM
So this is basically than just an aesthetic/visual system than ? There would be no gain in hp/tq w/just a muffler swap.

GM-4-LIFE
01-29-09, 08:30 PM
So this is basically than just an aesthetic/visual system than ? There would be no gain in hp/tq w/just a muffler swap.

That sounds about right.

SG

Fire and Ice
01-29-09, 08:37 PM
Very nice. Sounds good. I look forward to hearing them on well modified CTS-V under WOT! Thanks for sharing this!

CIWS
01-30-09, 09:59 AM

Really shouldn't be with just a Cat back or muffler only swap.

chris1268
01-30-09, 10:19 AM

I would assume so as well, Corsa is going to run a baseline dyno followed directly by one with the new mufflers on just to be certain. I will post those numbers as soon as they are avialable to me.

Nutz
01-30-09, 10:36 AM
I just hope Corsa hits the market with these soon. If they do, they will have the market cornered on these mufflers.

Borla said 60-90 days at the least!

SG

Give Corsa some time also to officially launch their products, it's quite early now. The first cars just recently hit the ground. Corsa performance is dead-on for response to this, with remarkable results . They just got the car too. And as always, we know the quality, fitment, and customer service will be at a high level.

chris1268
01-30-09, 11:15 AM
Here is a video from a different camara same mufflers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7e4XRhs1-A

Cub Cadet
01-30-09, 01:53 PM
I don't think it sounds that great... sounds like my Trailblazer SS when it had the stock exhaust. I am for sure going with a Stainless Works, or a Bassani.

Krug Ford
01-30-09, 01:57 PM
I will order a few for some of the cars I have sold..

It does sound great..

V-Love
01-30-09, 11:42 PM
Nice plate.:thumbsup: Sounds mean.

MYV8ABMR
01-31-09, 12:45 AM
Sounds awesome....and no more drone....nice job corsa!! I cant wait to hear some of the other systems for comparison.

CIWS
01-31-09, 10:48 AM
Yep that sounds like a Corsa exhaust.

dvandentop
01-31-09, 11:38 AM
yep deff the corsa burble

chris1268
01-31-09, 01:06 PM
Nice plate.:thumbsup: Sounds mean.

Thanks - had the plate on my V1 but somehow it is much more fitting on the V2

Nutz
02-10-09, 01:50 AM
Cleaned up the footage from my camera and put these clips together.

lF4i3xC_9YM

chris1268
02-10-09, 11:16 AM
I think they have a winner there.....Is it Spring yet so I can drive the darn thing:rant2:

LITTLEELVISDAN
02-11-09, 09:07 AM
You mean to tell us they only stuck new mufflers and tips on it and are calling it an exhaust system? They are in the Thursh or cherry bomb category now.... WOW!! and yet they still can't produce a STS-V version.

What ever happened to good old fashioned engineering? Hi flow cats, larger pipes, better breathing mufflers. You know a well designed and tested system that provides HP gain and better sound.

When will they have the mufflers in JC Whitney or AutoZone so we can order them? Or are they gong to do an exclusive with Pep Boys?

Nutz
02-11-09, 10:18 AM
What ever happened to good old fashioned engineering? Hi flow cats, larger pipes, better breathing mufflers. You know a well designed and tested system that provides HP gain and better sound.

Corsa has never made high-flow cats (they still now, and always have recommended Random Technologies).
The stock system has an oval shape next to the trans to assure ground clearance, thus making a cat-back system with larger pipes with adequate ground clearance challenging.
Now that these mufflers are minus packing material better flow is expected, horsepower may still increase. We will see. Corsa's goal here is to restore it's relationship with GM and make these parts available at the local dealership for install or purchase.
I personally commend them for their response to this vehicle so early in production.

zman1
02-11-09, 10:20 AM
when can we order these from them?? any word

Nutz
02-11-09, 10:24 AM
when can we order these from them?? any word

I would guess very soon. They are getting calls already from the info I've posted here. Call them and post their response here.

LITTLEELVISDAN
02-11-09, 01:25 PM
[QUOTE=Nutz;1765184]Corsa has never made high-flow cats (they still now, and always have recommended Random Technologies).
The stock system has an oval shape next to the trans to assure ground clearance, thus making a cat-back system with larger pipes with adequate ground clearance challenging.
QUOTE]
OK... "CAT Back systems".. And aren't they in business to engineer solutions? Any corner muffler shop can weld on new mufflers.

Sorry... i'm not impressed by taking the easy way out.:thehand:

Especailly when the is the only reason the company is in business. My guess is that if they ever do make a STS-V option they will probably take yet another shortcut and weld on a muffler to the existing plumbing.:thumbsup:

Nice!

LITTLEELVISDAN
02-11-09, 01:31 PM
Didn't I read "wait4me" already replaced the cat back plumbing with "spare tubing" he had? And Hennesy has thread showing their replaced headers, cross pipe and high flow cats.

Can't be that hard if 2 other people already have done it.

NormV
02-11-09, 06:50 PM
Corsa designs their systems as advertised. You don't go out in the garage and come out with the final product. They build all the jigs as they don't make them up ahead of time if you order direct. The mufflers are designed around the tubing when it reaches operating temps as the noise canceling can change during warm up. They went through over 100 systems for the C6 Corvette. And they cost too! Best facility if your ever in town. Nice group of guys and definitely. Car junkies. Not sure about the current group though. :)

Norm

Didn't I read "wait4me" already replaced the cat back plumbing with "spare tubing" he had? And Hennesy has thread showing their replaced headers, cross pipe and high flow cats.

Can't be that hard if 2 other people already have done it.

LITTLEELVISDAN
02-11-09, 08:53 PM
Norm thats just it, No jigs needed since they are NOT providing any new plumbing. Just the cans... And maybe the U bolts to attach it to your existing pipes.

NormV
02-11-09, 09:12 PM
Have you seen a cross section of their mufflers? They are not just fiberglass, welded baffles, with slapped on sheet metal. Have you seen their tips? Polished by hand! :)

Norm

Norm thats just it, No jigs needed since they are NOT providing any new plumbing. Just the cans... And maybe the U bolts to attach it to your existing pipes.

The Tony Show
02-11-09, 09:16 PM
Corsa mufflers on my 2004 CTS-V sounded like a motorboat. I changed to Magnaflows and liked them better, but your mileage may vary.