: New, black '09 V now gracing my garage...

Luna.
01-29-09, 05:15 PM
Well, after several weeks, sometimes comical weeks, my car finally arrived via truck at about 10:00p.m. last night.

Did the full inspection and the car, while a little dusty, looks great! :bouncy: The truck driver informed me that the V got some of the best gawking looks for the entire trip.

A special thanks to Scott Pratt from Superior Cadillac who helped close the deal on a timely basis, especially when considering the fact that he was dealing with an out of state customer, to say nothing about honoring employee pricing, which apparently NOT all dealers need to do. I believe that to be very cool. :worship:

The car still has less than 40 miles, so I haven't really jumped on her yet, but I will say this for feedback value...

My '05 V, plus maggie and 8" crankshaft balancer definitely feels faster (not certain if it actually is faster). For comparison sake, my '05 V was running, say, ~470 rwhp/455rwtq.

I'm guessing the additional weight contributes to the feel?

I'm also considering the fact that the LS6 is a high-compression motor, while the LSA isn't. Andy from A&A once told me that the high-compression, FI motors tend to have better throttle response than their lower compression counterparts and I'm beginning to believe that.

Not sure.

What I do know is that I need to get my V tuned, then go from there. :highfive:

If it still feels slower, then SH*T! I need to do SOMETHING...:cool2:

GM-4-LIFE
01-29-09, 05:18 PM
Congrats Luna!!!!!!

Enjoy!!! I love my V more than any other car I have ever had!

Luna, where are the pics?

SG

Luna.
01-29-09, 05:31 PM
Congrats Luna!!!!!!

Enjoy!!! I love my V more than any other car I have ever had!

Luna, where are the pics?

SG

Very soon, my good man. :bouncy:

Razorecko
01-29-09, 05:34 PM
I've heard people saying the "slower feel" also. I'd give the motor a few thousand miles to really break-in. Not only that it could be the MR working so damn good that it gives you an impression of driving slow. Only way to know for sure is to do a fly-by on a buddy by the road :cool2:

Seattle CTS-V
01-29-09, 06:15 PM
Only way to know for sure is to do a fly-by on a buddy by the road :cool2:

That's what I'm talking about...especially if that friend is in a new M5!

caddiedrummer
01-29-09, 06:24 PM
Luna--Congrats!! As a Caddy lover you deserve it. I also have black. Mine just got kicked out of the garage by an 09 Viper but will return once my lift gets done.

Enjoy it. It is a great car and I am glad to have traded my M5 for it.

Razorecko
01-29-09, 06:28 PM
Luna--Congrats!! As a Caddy lover you deserve it. I also have black. Mine just got kicked out of the garage by an 09 Viper but will return once my lift gets done.

^ how does it compare to your old m5. I just sat in a new v today and was blown away by the interior. Def. not your grandpa's caddy.

Nutz
01-29-09, 06:34 PM
If it still feels slower, then SH*T! I need to do SOMETHING...:cool2:

Manual or automatic?

Krug Ford
01-29-09, 06:38 PM
Automatic..

Razorecko
01-29-09, 06:40 PM
I remember reading from edmunds how they stated that it felt like the manual should get better times than the auto. I wouldnt be surpised if there are "precautionary program measure" put in place for the auto to keep it from getting burned from the gobs of torque. Nothing tuners wont be able to find out :bouncy:

ahahnu
01-29-09, 06:45 PM
Congrats Luna! Enjoy your new ride. Now you have a V1 ans V2???

wait4me
01-29-09, 06:45 PM
Congrats!

As for the trans and its limiters. Yes there are plenty. But you dont want to remove them. The trans WILL die.

Jon
01-29-09, 06:48 PM
Congrats!

HartmanV
01-29-09, 07:11 PM
Congrats on your purchase you lucky S.O.B., I;ll be there one day

Razorecko
01-29-09, 07:12 PM
Congrats!

As for the trans and its limiters. Yes there are plenty. But you dont want to remove them. The trans WILL die.

Now i'm sure we're talking just about the auto tranny and not the manual correct ?

dqw1
01-29-09, 07:53 PM
Luna!Luna!Luna!
Nice.:highfive:

Luna.
01-29-09, 08:22 PM
Manual or automatic?

Manual. Thanks for this forum, and guys like BigJimSho, I actually considered the automatic, for it does seem to perform very well, but I'm a manual type of guy. Further, the auto costs more, which was the absolute deal-killer. Same price? I might have actually done it, not sure, but I wasn't going to spend MORE on the auto...

Automatic..

You're selling too many cars Scott... :thepan:

Congrats Luna! Enjoy your new ride. Now you have a V1 ans V2???

At the moment, yes, but I'll be getting rid of the V1 soon.

Luna!Luna!Luna!
Nice.:highfive:

:highfive: right back at ya... :D

Now we just NEED to figure out a way to get ~550 to the tires without the motor (pistons) going kaput!

Why on why didn't GM have this option:

Forged Pistons

I would've paid, BIG TIME...

Actually, maybe I'd settle for 500 rwhp... Reliability is KEY though.

wait4me
01-29-09, 08:37 PM
Tune, cutouts and airbox mod gets you 500 to the wheels. "not inflated at motor numbers" :D

Razorecko
01-29-09, 08:43 PM
Manual. Thanks for this forum, and guys like BigJimSho, I actually considered the automatic, for it does seem to perform very well, but I'm a manual type of guy. Further, the auto costs more, which was the absolute deal-killer. Same price? I might have actually done it, not sure, but I wasn't going to spend MORE on the auto...

You're selling too many cars Scott... :thepan:

At the moment, yes, but I'll be getting rid of the V1 soon.

:highfive: right back at ya... :D

Now we just NEED to figure out a way to get ~550 to the tires without the motor (pistons) going kaput!

Why on why didn't GM have this option:

Forged Pistons

I would've paid, BIG TIME...

Actually, maybe I'd settle for 500 rwhp... Reliability is KEY though.

The pistons can take the abuse as long as there is no detonation :D

wait4me
01-29-09, 08:49 PM
And now, if gm would just start building them again, we could have more of these happy posts. :)

http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv245/osanpo-denden/funny-5.gif

Razorecko
01-29-09, 09:02 PM
^ My dealer said the plant closures are to the 26th of this month and will resume the beginning of february- guess we'll see.

BeagleBrains
01-29-09, 09:03 PM
How may I located "Superior Cadillac"?
Dealer pricing. Nice!:drool:

Luna.
01-29-09, 10:21 PM
Tune, cutouts and airbox mod gets you 500 to the wheels. "not inflated at motor numbers" :D

I think I could live with that...

MAYBE...:lildevil:

RapidRob
01-29-09, 10:22 PM
^ My dealer said the plant closures are to the 26th of this month and will resume the beginning of february- guess we'll see.

I believe the Lansing - Grand River plant is scheduled to open 2/9/09, unless they've changed their schedule ...

In any event - congrats Luna:highfive: I just can't wait until they finally cough up mine, (also a manual).:bouncy:

Rob

Razorecko
01-29-09, 10:28 PM
Luna, do you think the V manual could benefit from a short shifter or do you think the height is perfect ?

thebigjimsho
01-30-09, 03:22 AM

Next I want a full map layout of your mansion, followed by your mistress' breast size...

thebigjimsho
01-30-09, 03:26 AM
Manual. Thanks for this forum, and guys like BigJimSho, I actually considered the automatic...Never thought I'd see that before...

Kadonny
01-30-09, 10:20 AM
Welcome to the club bud! Black still is the fastest.......

Krug Ford
01-30-09, 11:33 AM
I have been selling lots. I am placing orders for the V's today. I can place your order today. Give me a call.

thebigjimsho
01-30-09, 03:39 PM
sekrat lots? What does the V own?

nc09v2
01-30-09, 09:31 PM
Congrats, Black is the Best Color!

For what it's worth, every credible road test on the new V I have read has the auto running a little bit quicker the the manual.

I'm up to 550 miles and have started opening it up some, this car does not feel slow at all to me, it is much faster than the SRT-8 Jeep I replaced which was no slouch.

RapidRob
01-30-09, 09:55 PM
For what it's worth, every credible road test on the new V I have read has the auto running a little bit quicker the the manual.

I'm betting that it takes a driver more time to learn the car to get the best times out of the manual v2, whereas, with the auto, all a new driver has to do is stomp on it and the car will run near it's best times. Most of the test drives I've read of the V2 were done by drivers that had limited exposure to the car.

Rob

Luna.
01-31-09, 09:04 PM
Next I want a full map layout of your mansion, followed by your mistress' breast size...

Mansion? I think you have me mixed up with someone else.

And my significant other just got 36DD breasts. While they haven't 100% healed, nor the swelling completely disappeared, they are wonderful nonetheless. :bouncy:

And no, I'm not posting pics. :shhh:

Never thought I'd see that before...

There is a first time for everything

Welcome to the club bud! Black still is the fastest.......

Perhaps :cool2:

I have been selling lots. I am placing orders for the V's today. I can place your order today. Give me a call.

Give the man a call, he'll hook you up

Luna, do you think the V manual could benefit from a short shifter or do you think the height is perfect ?

At the moment, I'm liking the stock shifter. No complaints at this time.

I'm up to 550 miles and have started opening it up some, this car does not feel slow at all to me, it is much faster than the SRT-8 Jeep I replaced which was no slouch.

I finally matted the throttle last night and spun it up to redline. At I stated before, the throttle response doesn't seem as good as the maggied LS6, but it pulls pretty decently when you get your foot into it.

What really became apparent to me was the change in the gearing. In the V1, I could only get about 90 out of 3rd. This car? I'm hovering at 100 and the V1 has a higher redline. Very interesting, but it makes sense since the LSA has so much more torque, might as well use longer gears to take advantage of it.

And I do have to admit that I do probably prefer the recaro seats, but not by much. The stockers are very good as well.

Now I need to add Corsa, get a baseline run, and get a full tune.

When will the madness end?!?!?! :bonkers:

dvandentop
01-31-09, 09:20 PM
congrats! i am jealousy

Tasos
02-01-09, 01:20 AM
Congrats! You have THE car I want!

thebigjimsho
02-01-09, 02:40 AM
Mansion? I think you have me mixed up with someone else.

And my significant other just got 36DD breasts. While they haven't 100% healed, nor the swelling completely disappeared, they are wonderful nonetheless. :bouncy:

And no, I'm not posting pics. :shhh:

Dude, you need to read more closely.

thebigjimsho
02-01-09, 02:45 AM
Give the man a call, he'll hook you up

No offense to Mr. Pratt of Superior, but I'm already set to buy, when the time is right, to Cadillac Tony.

Krug Ford
02-12-09, 10:45 PM
If anyone has a brand other than GM and wants a CTS-V let me know GM has the GMS conquest.. I can get you a number.

S420merc
02-13-09, 01:28 AM
I am looking to order a CTS-V all options except polished wheels and sunroof. PM me i also have a 2007 300c SRT-8 to trade.

thebigjimsho
02-13-09, 01:57 AM
p00p.

Dr. Design
02-13-09, 02:25 PM
Hello,
Throttle response. This is something we feel we have been able to address with our prototype ECU Box. Our test car, the owner of the vehicle was VERY pleased with how the vehicle accelerated with the box installed. If you want something more than that we can obviously provide you with a full dyno tune. Please let us know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

I finally matted the throttle last night and spun it up to redline. At I stated before, the throttle response doesn't seem as good as the maggied LS6, but it pulls pretty decently when you get your foot into it.....

Now I need to add Corsa, get a baseline run, and get a full tune.

When will the madness end?!?!?! :bonkers:

Razorecko
02-13-09, 07:52 PM
electronic throttle ftl.

thebigjimsho
02-13-09, 08:26 PM
I want my box murdered out. How much?

lawfive
02-14-09, 03:19 AM
Automatic..

Manual.

:lol:

Hello,
Throttle response. This is something we feel we have been able to address with our prototype ECU Box. Our test car, the owner of the vehicle was VERY pleased with how the vehicle accelerated with the box installed. If you want something more than that we can obviously provide you with a full dyno tune. Please let us know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

:histeric:

Luna.
02-15-09, 09:30 PM
I'd be so happy if I can get to 550 rwhp without any significant decrease in reliability... :)

thebigjimsho
02-15-09, 10:42 PM
Stop being a wuss and flog the V, Luna. It will adapt to your driving style like the V1.