: Pics of poser v at casa de cadillac, sherman oaks, ca...

GM-4-LIFE
01-29-09, 06:09 PM
Yesterday, I was picking up my V from Casa De Cadillac's service department when I remembered that you guys wanted to see the poser V, so here it is!

SG

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg388/DRVTWIN/CTSFRONT.jpg

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg388/DRVTWIN/ctsrear.jpg

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg388/DRVTWIN/ctsside.jpg

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg388/DRVTWIN/ctsside2.jpg

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg388/DRVTWIN/WHEELS.jpg

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg388/DRVTWIN/VSERIESPACK.jpg

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg388/DRVTWIN/askingprice.jpg

gto_in_nc
01-29-09, 06:15 PM
I'm surprised that GM is OK with them putting the V badging on it.

Thanks for the pics!

readyact
01-29-09, 06:20 PM
Unbelievable…that’s just crazy.

jvp
01-29-09, 06:28 PM
I'm surprised that GM is OK with them putting the V badging on it

They bought it. They can do whatever they want with it.

jas

WhtDmnd04CTS
01-29-09, 07:59 PM
wow, as an owner of an 08 CTS i am even ashamed to see that.. that car doesn't even have HIDs!

HartmanV
01-29-09, 08:07 PM
Holy Crap, did I read that right? $1200 for V emblems!!!

Silver -V-
01-29-09, 08:08 PM
$1295.00 for V series badges?

Being a Poseur is getting expensive these days. It would be cheaper to put on the mud flaps and gold trim package

Ketzer
01-29-09, 08:17 PM
:lame:

smashn808
01-29-09, 08:27 PM
$1295.00 for V series badges?

Being a Poseur is getting expensive these days. It would be cheaper to put on the mud flaps and gold trim package

The $1295 is next to the grill line item. There is no cost next to the emblem line item. Unless it's supposed to read $1295 for the grill and emblems which is still crazy. But, i agree the V should not be on there.

concorso
01-29-09, 08:40 PM
Looks like the Vogue kit? The kit would look fine without the V badges... Not my cup of tea, but not ugly either...
I cant believe someone would spend near $7000 just to get wheels and a body kit!

UnsafeAtAnySpd
01-29-09, 08:44 PM
Lame.

ExtraV
01-29-09, 10:03 PM
That is shameful. Look at those tiny brakes hiding in the background.

However....those 20" wheels look much better than the stock 19's! :hide:

RightTurn
01-29-09, 10:09 PM
That's disgusting and outrageous. I'm going to email Cadillac corporate.

Short-Throw
01-29-09, 10:32 PM
Yesterday, I was picking up my V from Casa De Cadillac's service department when I remembered that you guys wanted to see the poser V, so here it is!

SG

Thanks for posting the pics. The sad thing is somebody is going to buy that car either for the badges or is just plain unsuspecting but likes the look. Either reason is an embarrassment.

I'm okay with all of it except the badges.

Mike

haterinc
01-29-09, 10:46 PM
Looks like a good ol fashion witch hunt bout to take place. Ill grab my pitch fork and let Ned know to meet at Casa at dusk! Off with their heads!

GMPU lol

CIWS
01-29-09, 11:14 PM
Thanks for taking the time to go by and take the pics. That's disgusting.

TaVern
01-29-09, 11:19 PM

SG

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg388/DRVTWIN/CTSFRONT.jpg

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg388/DRVTWIN/VSERIESPACK.jpg

Well, that didn't take long...

Luna.
01-29-09, 11:24 PM
That is shameful. Look at those tiny brakes hiding in the background.

Exactly!

LOL. That's pretty damn funny though

Albertan
01-30-09, 12:57 AM
Years ago my friend took the 283 emblems off his mother's 1965 Impala (told you it was years ago!) and replaced them with the 409 emblems. One day his mother had groceries carted out to the car. The grocery boy was all excited about her car and she had no idea why! I see a similar thing happening with this car by people semi in the know.

The Black Dahlia
01-30-09, 01:38 AM
VTXi front grille and body kit, chrome V series wheels, V emblems and its a 2009 CTS-V (Appearance package).. ARE YOU JOKING ME?!?!?!
My family and I know the owner and hes a douche (sorry if he reads this!) I now have something to forever hang over his head.
Thank you for the pictures. Being at a family owned Cadillac dealership in laguna niguel is getting sweeter everyday :)

xx_baddycaddy_xx
01-30-09, 01:56 AM
VTXi front grille and body kit, chrome V series wheels, V emblems and its a 2009 CTS-V (Appearance package).. ARE YOU JOKING ME?!?!?!
My family and I know the owner and hes a douche (sorry if he reads this!) I now have something to forever hang over his head.
Thank you for the pictures. Being at a family owned Cadillac dealership in laguna niguel is getting sweeter everyday :)

Howard Drake? :helpless:

The Black Dahlia
01-30-09, 02:03 AM
Howard Drake? :helpless:

Is this in agreance or just sheer coincidence? But, yes.

xx_baddycaddy_xx
01-30-09, 02:14 AM
Nah, I agree. My family knows him as well (not too much on a personal level, but more as aquaintances). He doesn't seem like the friendliest individual, and he doesn't act the friendliest towards some of the people that roll through Casa.

The Black Dahlia
01-30-09, 02:35 AM
Spot on. Ignorance and a pompous attitude radiate off of him. Lets hope its not a trickle down effect, for Cadillac's sake.

V-Love
01-30-09, 04:13 AM
Someone should steal those badges!

thebigjimsho
01-30-09, 04:39 AM
They bought it. They can do whatever they want with it.

jasThat's a gray area. If you're selling regular CTSs and saying they're Vs, that's fraud. Letting the badges advertise for you can create misconceptions for the great unwashed...

odla
01-30-09, 08:12 AM
Someone should steal those badges!

are you referring to some old post? if you are I'm lol

jvp
01-30-09, 08:42 AM
That's a gray area. If you're selling regular CTSs and saying they're Vs, that's fraud. Letting the badges advertise for you can create misconceptions for the great unwashed...

Well, technically they're not selling it as a CTS-V. The sticker on the window clearly displays everything they've added to the vehicle and for what price they're selling those "options" for. So, they're not doing anything legally wrong. Further, I'm pretty sure that neither GM nor Cadillac can do anything about it. Dealerships are independently run and owned businesses.

jas

haterinc
01-30-09, 09:32 AM
errm i'm pretty sure as an authorized dealer and rep of any company the supplier can be held accountable for whatever they do to a company's product they're selling... most just aren't stupid enough to do it i'm guessing... if that were the case the Honda dealerships would've riced up all the Hondas going out the door with "Vtec" on them for the import kids LOL :rolleyes:

jvp
01-30-09, 09:48 AM
errm i'm pretty sure as an authorized dealer and rep of any company the supplier can be held accountable for whatever they do to a company's product they're selling...

And you'd be mistaken. Once the car is on the dealer's lot, THEY own it (ask Tony or Scott). They can do whatever they want with it. Obviously, selling it as fast as they can is a good thing for the books. But if they want to modify it like the aforementioned photos show, they're free to.

As slimy as it seems, there's nothing illegal about what they've done.

jas

CIWS
01-30-09, 09:56 AM

jas

Absolutely nothing illegal about how they're selling the car.
However in the year in which Cadillac has released their new CTS-V, to have a dealership V badging a CTS and selling it like that off the showroom floor is not something I would think they would like to see occurring. That is unless they're not actually proud of their new product and want to make sure the causual person doesn't get the impression it's more about appearence packages and badges than the design differences in the vehicles and 20,000.

haterinc
01-30-09, 10:48 AM
and i guarantee you if the dealer did something Cadillac didn't approve of, they could lose their status as an authorized dealer...

ask Bill Clinton or George Michael lol

jvp
01-30-09, 11:22 AM
and i guarantee you if the dealer did something Cadillac didn't approve of, they could lose their status as an authorized dealer...

You ready to back that with a bet?

I am. :D

jas

LUVMY04V
01-30-09, 11:37 AM
Barf! http://www.thebreakfastclubclan.org/graphics/bulletinboard/spaceballs_barf_glamor_shot.jpg

haterinc
01-30-09, 11:52 AM
Jas it looks like George has spoken lol

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/06_01/2GeorgeMichaelPA_468x495.jpg

Radguy
01-30-09, 12:26 PM
We, as enthusiasts and supposedly in the "know", cringe at stuff like this and consider this blasphemy, and rightfully so--I agree 100%!

However, is this any worse than someone buying a V2 and then de-badging it to make it more stealthy? People who have them should be damn proud.

Most of the public probably don't know the difference between the CTS and the V2-- and many probably have no qualms about making one look like the other.

I own an '09 CTS4, which I love. Would I buy a V2 if I could--IN A HEARTBEAT! (I'm supremely jealous of you people who have them). Would I alter mine to make it look like a V2--not in a million years.

I own an '07 Corvette Z06. We see the same thing with people altering their C6's to make them look like the Z06--but we who own the Z06 know exactly what we have as do people who have the V2.

Oh and BTW, once the dealer has them, they own them. If altering a CTS to make it look like a V sells another car, I'm sure GM wouldn't be too unhappy.

Jonathan

demorgan59
01-30-09, 12:47 PM
It's a deceptive sales practice and it's disqusting. I can hear it now:

Customer: Is that the new CTS-V?
Dealer: You like that car huh?
Customer: Oh yeah!
Dealer: Would you like to sit it in?
Customer: Sure, thanks!
Dealer: Yeah, the new V is really a hot car and we are getting lots of calls on them.
Customer: I can see why.

And there you go. Nothing illegal right? Any dealership which would have the chutzpah to put V emblems on a non-V and come up with a window sticker like that doesn't deserve my business for anything. Heaven help you if you think they wouldn't bend you over on a real V.

CIWS
01-30-09, 01:01 PM
:v: :badger:

http://www.ciws.info/vbadger.jpg

The Black Dahlia
01-30-09, 02:08 PM
And you'd be mistaken. Once the car is on the dealer's lot, THEY own it (ask Tony or Scott). They can do whatever they want with it. Obviously, selling it as fast as they can is a good thing for the books. But if they want to modify it like the aforementioned photos show, they're free to.

jas

Sad but true. BUT- You'd think the dealership would have enough integrity and respect for a potential customer, especially a NEW Cadillac customer's perception of the deaership, and most importantly the brand in totality.

Not every dealer is like this, just to let everyone know. You gotta watch out for some shady dealers who want to make a quick buck at the buyers expense.

thebigjimsho
01-30-09, 04:51 PM
It's a deceptive sales practice and it's disqusting. I can hear it now:

Customer: Is that the new CTS-V?
Dealer: You like that car huh?
Customer: Oh yeah!
Dealer: Would you like to sit it in?
Customer: Sure, thanks!
Dealer: Yeah, the new V is really a hot car and we are getting lots of calls on them.
Customer: I can see why.

And there you go. Nothing illegal right? Any dealership which would have the chutzpah to put V emblems on a non-V and come up with a window sticker like that doesn't deserve my business for anything. Heaven help you if you think they wouldn't bend you over on a real V.Bingo!

thebigjimsho
01-30-09, 04:53 PM
However, is this any worse than someone buying a V2 and then de-badging it to make it more stealthy? Absolutely different. All you're doing in debadging is hiding what the car is. By adding a V badge to a non V, you're lying on what it is...

smashn808
01-30-09, 05:52 PM
Absolutely different. All you're doing in debadging is hiding what the car is. By adding a V badge to a non V, you're lying on what it is...

/\ The truth!

V-Love
01-30-09, 09:40 PM
are you referring to some old post? if you are I'm lol
You know it! I was almost gonna bring it back.

V-Love
01-30-09, 10:01 PM
:v: :badger:

http://www.ciws.info/vbadger.jpg

Damn Badgers.

thebigjimsho
01-30-09, 10:28 PM
Awww, he looks cold...

MYV8ABMR
01-31-09, 01:17 AM
I knew it was only a matter of time before people started putting the V emblems on their nonV's but I didnt expect a dealership to be the first to do it. :helpless:

Other than the badges, the car looks good imo.

1fstkde
01-31-09, 10:56 PM
i warned you guys!! thxs for getting the pics shawn..

concorso
01-31-09, 11:14 PM
Absolutely different. All you're doing in debadging is hiding what the car is. By adding a V badge to a non V, you're lying on what it is...Lying would be putting V6 badges on a V. :) I have no time for misrepresentation...While funny, I still think its near as bad as V badges on a V6.
Debadging isnt misrepresentation...

thebigjimsho
02-01-09, 03:37 AM
Yeah, I saw a guy in a regular CTS with V badges in Boston a few months ago. I so wished I didn't have a client with me because I would've got right next to him and flipped him off with that crap...

Varsity
02-01-09, 01:38 PM
I think its done for many reasons, such as insurance, financial etc. As previously suggested its not your money so why worry?

Me personally I go the other way to what they have done, as we did with the RS4, put 2.0TDi badges on the car.

Its a mixed up world which is why its so wonderfull.

:party:

thebigjimsho
02-01-09, 04:33 PM
It's p00p, I tell ya...

V-Love
02-01-09, 10:55 PM
Debadging is stealthier. I used to pull all the stickers off the outboard on my Hydrostream. Same with all my dirtbikes. The V is the first badge I ever kept.

TaVern
02-02-09, 04:08 AM
Never, EVAR debadge the swade.

thebigjimsho
02-02-09, 08:24 PM
never!

thebigjimsho
02-02-09, 08:24 PM
SWADE 4-eva!

The Black Dahlia
02-03-09, 07:47 PM
Way to kill two threads guys. ha ha

thebigjimsho
02-03-09, 09:28 PM
Tis run its course...

concorso
02-04-09, 03:05 PM
swade booobies

thebigjimsho
02-04-09, 09:25 PM
swade booobies
interesting hypothesis...

The Black Dahlia
02-05-09, 11:53 PM
..makes me think of Miss Piggy or any other "muppet" skank with swayde twins. Im disturbed.

thebigjimsho
02-06-09, 03:17 AM
you need a shrink. i just need swade.

TaVern
02-06-09, 03:46 AM
..makes me think of Miss Piggy or any other "muppet" skank with swayde twins. Im disturbed.

No reason to be disturbed. Welcome the swade.

Learn to love it.

Watch it grow.

swade forever.

FreddyG
02-06-09, 04:45 PM
I know that this is going against the consensus here, but I think that it looks pretty Nice!

I do agree that they shouldn't have put the badges on! It makes it look like it is trying to be something that it's not (which it is) but maybe everyone doesn't want Big brakes, and 556 hp, and so on, but likes the look of the car!

Besides with the economy the way that it is for most peeps, they might not want or be able to justify spending $60k+ on a car, but can spending mid forties! They are just catering to a niche market and want to sell some cars.

The people on here with the New Vee's don't seem to be impacted by the economy and I say Great for you, but not everyone is as Blessed as you are! That's where the POSER Package comes into play! Just my thoughts on it and not meaning to step on any toes! :cheers:

I redid the window sticker though, to say what it should say :D:

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa243/Im_FreddyG/VSERIESPACK.jpg

thebigjimsho
02-07-09, 05:38 AM
^^^Solid! Where's the SWADE option, though?

FreddyG
02-07-09, 03:35 PM
^^^Solid! Where's the SWADE option, though?

Here's my take on the Swade.......Swade woun't get you laid and it's SOOOOOOO Overplayed! Do you hear what I said? :D

No, I'm not a rapper!

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program! I'm Sorry for the interruption! :cheers:

thebigjimsho
02-07-09, 10:22 PM
your lack of faith in swade is distrubing...

FreddyG
02-08-09, 12:55 AM
Sorry, but I'm just keepin' it real! :D :cheers:

thebigjimsho
02-08-09, 01:28 AM
swade is real!

RightTurn
02-08-09, 02:08 AM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z117/sarahw422/funny-pictures-lolhyena.jpg

thebigjimsho
02-08-09, 02:26 AM
I'm off your lawn...and hiding in your bush...es...

TaVern
02-08-09, 06:11 AM
Long live the swade.

thebigjimsho
02-10-09, 12:08 AM
swade. w00t.

The Black Dahlia
02-10-09, 11:02 PM
I g0t Swade n meh kar! Check it 0ut! Ima p00t Vee Embz 0n it!

thebigjimsho
02-11-09, 12:19 AM
:cloud9:

rekctsv
03-21-09, 05:30 AM
Hate to dig up an old thread but I actually saw one of these posers in my town today.

I come up on what I thought was an white diamond 09V but soon realized it was a regular CTS from behind. It took me maybe 5 red lights to catch up because this lady was driving very aggressive. She was darting from lane to lane and when she was the first car off the line from a light, she took off kinda aggressive and left everyone.

I finally caught up with her at a traffic light. She's first of course, light turns green and she's off. I follow and get beside her and see regular CTS wheels, V badges on the side, and a upper and lower mesh grill. Side by side she wouldn't even look my way. Now I know her 08-09 CTS is worth more than my 04 V and it was very clean but the V badges are just wrong.

To me the V badge doesn't add to the look of our cars, just identifies what it is. So to add them for looks makes no sense to me. On the trunk, we have V badge on the left and CTS on the right side. They had taken the CTS off the right side and replaced it with CTS-V. That made me feel that they are really trying to convince everyone that it is indeed a V series. The 09V's aren't like that right? Maybe her husband is the corrupt behind all the badges.
Okay, I'm done venting now.

CSX
03-21-09, 05:52 AM
Hate to dig up an old thread but I actually saw one of these posers in my town today.

I come up on what I thought was an white diamond 09V but soon realized it was a regular CTS from behind. It took me maybe 5 red lights to catch up because this lady was driving very aggressive. She was darting from lane to lane and when she was the first car off the line from a light, she took off kinda aggressive and left everyone.

I finally caught up with her at a traffic light. She's first of course, light turns green and she's off. I follow and get beside her and see regular CTS wheels, V badges on the side, and a upper and lower mesh grill. Side by side she wouldn't even look my way. Now I know her 08-09 CTS is worth more than my 04 V and it was very clean but the V badges are just wrong.

To me the V badge doesn't add to the look of our cars, just identifies what it is. So to add them for looks makes no sense to me. On the trunk, we have V badge on the left and CTS on the right side. They had taken the CTS off the right side and replaced it with CTS-V. That made me feel that they are really trying to convince everyone that it is indeed a V series. The 09V's aren't like that right? Maybe her husband is the corrupt behind all the badges.
Okay, I'm done venting now.

I know what you mean. Over on the LS1 boards, if someone starts talking about a non-SS Camaro or non-WS6 Trans Am that has the badging, things get ugly quick. It annoys me to see cars like that. Maybe I'm not one to talk though, since everything of mine is de-badged.

There's a video out there of a guy trying to justify a GT-R badge (the ones you can pick up at Autozone) on his Mustang...now that's some comedy.

bpospo
03-21-09, 11:45 AM
only in california:thepan: hey didn't they invent the boob job anway?

TaVern
03-21-09, 02:02 PM
To me the V badge doesn't add to the look of our cars, just identifies what it is. So to add them for looks makes no sense to me.

Yeah, I don't understand the concept either. I hate posers...

thebigjimsho
03-21-09, 09:12 PM
damn bitch

ericpd
03-21-09, 10:30 PM
If you think this is bad,... well it's child's play compared to the outbreak of people putting AMG badges on their otherwise docile C-class and E-class cars. Hell I used to see AMG badges on C-class 4matics,... now that's a funny sight. Those cars stand stupidly high,... looks like an off-road car. Some don't even bother to remove the third digit from the original liter badge. Ever heard of a C320 AMG or E550 AMG? Me either. What's really sad is that Merc bought into it and started their "Sport" trim option, which basically is a normal gutless C or E class car dressed as an AMG,... all the way down to the floor mats, wheels and brakes. Yep,... calibers baring the AMG logo can be seen lurking behind the wheels. If GM follows suit, they'll soon release exactly what this dealer did as a new trim option. Sad if you ask me. But I just laugh at it, and at the driver even harder. Then I pull off in my genuine Black Raven CTS-V, OR, in my genuine Obcenien Black C32 AMG! And if I'm really feeling chirpy, I'll execute a launch that reminds them of their phallic envy.

Hey,... have you guys checked this out? http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-10199833-48.html?tag=centerColumnArea1.1

bpospo
03-22-09, 02:29 PM
i actually like it the price and few i dont but more and more items now are going thru the internet so it make sense. I like the fact that the kiddies now can use the netbooks in the back and i wont have to fiddle with cards for them soon endless movies will be available for them in the back so i can race up and down the highway:bouncy:

TaVern
03-22-09, 03:49 PM
i actually like it the price and few i dont but more and more items now are going thru the internet so it make sense. I like the fact that the kiddies now can use the netbooks in the back and i wont have to fiddle with cards for them soon endless movies will be available for them in the back so i can race up and down the highway:bouncy:

Okay...

I didn't understand any of that...

bpospo
03-22-09, 05:34 PM
ok kids these days have thse portable electronic games (ds, psp, etc) well all of thse have wifi connectivity so they can play against other kids etc. also those new tiny laptops called net books dont have much going for them except that they can connect to the internet with a wifi source. So now if your kids has one of those they can sit in the back of the car and surf the interent and watch movie streams etc etc. Now for the headrest monitors just connect that now you have infinite movies available no more discs to carry and change into a player etc.

TaVern
03-22-09, 05:44 PM
What does wifi have to do with poser V's?

thebigjimsho
03-22-09, 07:05 PM
I still don't understand how some of these n00bs manage to poast in the wrong threads...

razl
04-11-09, 04:29 PM
Just wanted to chime in that these things are for real, I'm in Orlando Florida and stumbled across one last night...

I took my wife to Houston's for dinner last night and when we pulled up for valet, I saw what I thought was a black 09V in the parking lot (in a handicapped spot, no less :hmm:). She hasn't seen one in person yet so I was excited about the prospect of showing one off (and maybe getting her so enthralled that she would immediately sanction a purchase! :thumbsup:).

I only had to take about 3 steps towards it, still about 30 ft away, to know it was not the real deal. Same as the pics in this thread: obviously fake mesh fascia, dinky brakes (on 19s), fake wanna-V rims, no diffuser, no skirts, etc. But, boy, it had those V badges!!!

I wish I could have met the owner - I would have loved to have chatted them up and see if they got what they wanted or got screwed (maybe they actually think they have a V?) It would have been fun to ask if he wanted to race my '06 :stirpot:

Sorry, no pics - but it was just like the pics in the thread. It almost seems like that package wasn't a one-off by a single dealer, but something that other dealers are in on. Please tell me GM isn't offering this on the sly? :bigroll:

colbachlaw
04-11-09, 04:51 PM
I had my first fake V sighting a couple of days ago.

I was walking out the front lobby of the Venetian in Vegas and they had an AMG and a V parked up front facing the strip.

Something did not look right and It became real apparent when I got close up that it was a base CTS with badges and an aftermarket grill.

Kind of sad that someone would do this to a car that was a pretty nice car to start out with, but it looks a lot better than the slammed, fake, Escalade with a homemade grill that I saw in Santa Fe last week.

Mike c

ExtraV
04-11-09, 05:18 PM
I always leave a note on the passenger side wiper. Just to remind them that they are trying to pose around. Its like wearing a fake Rolex. I like using the passenger side wiper hoping the passenger will read it and figure out they are with a bona fide loser.

razl
04-11-09, 06:22 PM
I always leave a note on the passenger side wiper. Just to remind them that they are trying to pose around. Its like wearing a fake Rolex. I like using the passenger side wiper hoping the passenger will read it and figure out they are with a bona fide loser.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I wish I would have thought that up! Can't wait for another shot at it!

cts-me
04-14-09, 02:39 AM
Since ive had my 95 m3, ive seen countless poser m3's its despicable and pathetic, especially since in an m3 (or for that matter a CTS-V) only car enthusiast (ones that know that its not the real car) would know about. What kinda loser would buy a fake car for that much money...

neuronbob
04-14-09, 09:51 AM
Luckily, with a REAL V, you can tell from the exhaust note. No matter how much you change the exhaust tone of a V6 engine, there's no mistaking that it's a V6. Posers FTL.

x-srtjeep
04-23-09, 08:22 PM
It would be fine, just have to get the 20K crate LS9 dropped in and all is forgiven!