: need info for 99 Catera headlights

canaanp
01-29-09, 05:45 PM
Hello, I've only had my catera about a month and have been trying to learn about this whole HID lighting thing. I'm interested in replacing the headlights in my 99 catera because they are dull and yellowish looking. Can someone recommend some headlights to buy for a newbie? I think what I want is to replace the whole assembly with some kind of euro HID setup, but don't know what is legal and what's not, and where to buy. Can someone point me in the right direction? thank you very much.

CanaanP

CateraMV6
01-29-09, 06:35 PM
Ebay has em for around 300 but non HID versions...

You can spend another 60$ and get an HID kit.

ANother option is to get HID kit... and polish your lenses, and stick with that, (cheapest option)

I have HID on mine, and I have been upgrading those further...
In the plan is Custom Projectors in the low beam... BiXenon....
50W HID kit...
And a secondary Bixenon projectors in the high beams with custom shrouds...

I already have HID in my OEM fogs... but those are good for looks only... not much forward lighting...
ANd a second set of Projector FOGS mounted next to the OEM FOgs... Also HID...

SO when its all set and done I will have 4 HID sets 2 HIgh Beams 2 Low beams and 2 Fogs...

canaanp
01-30-09, 11:15 AM
I was looking at this item on ebay: 250363553999
If I purchased those, could I add HID to them later? The lens that I have now has a bunch of vertical lines inside I guess to difuse the light, so I think they should be replaced.... but do you have to aim (align/calibrate) the lights when you have projector lights?

AHazzardToAll
01-30-09, 01:49 PM
you can add hid kits anytime. And yes, you still have to aim them.

AHazzardToAll
01-30-09, 01:52 PM
i was looking at those myself, i think they'd look pretty good.