: The "BONG"

JFJr
01-29-09, 02:44 PM
Does anyone know how to eliminate the loud and irritating "BONG" from the navigation system that sounds off when you've come to a turn point on a planned route to your destination, without eliminating the female voice prompts too? (Ha Haa! I guess I that have a thing for her voice.) The configuration program seems to control the volume for all the sounds at once, not selectively for voice and bongs.

wait4me
01-29-09, 02:56 PM
I know what you mean. That noise does get kind of annoying. I just think of it as a WAKE MY BUTT UP noise if im sleeping while driving.

proexpert
01-29-09, 03:09 PM
I don't know how to eliminate it, but there might be a way. You can turn down the bong volume, but you have to be quick. Just as the bong is going off, push the 'down volume' button on the steering wheel. This will lower the bong volume without lowering the voice volume. This is how the 08 works anyway, hope this helps.

JFJr
01-29-09, 03:20 PM
I don't know how to eliminate it, but there might be a way. You can turn down the bong volume, but you have to be quick. Just as the bong is going off, push the 'down volume' button on the steering wheel. This will lower the bong volume without lowering the voice volume. This is how the 08 works anyway, hope this helps.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Hopefully, I won't need to downshift at the same time. Does this setting continue indefinitely until you change it again using the same procedure?

V-Love
01-30-09, 03:08 AM
Come on man, I just quit.