: idea for national meet for next summer

T_Dogg8
07-01-04, 09:26 AM
i think we should get together for a national meet next summer in acadia nationa park in Bar Habor, Maine. we could all meet at Cadillac Mountain. we could probably even get gm in on something like this. how great would the publicity for cadillac be if they had a couple hundred cars all at cadillac mountain.

CADDYBLACK99
07-27-04, 04:30 PM
TDogg thats a great idea. I've sat on that mountain looking at Frenchman's bay many times, but not in a cadillac!
Paul

90devilleguy
07-28-04, 12:39 AM
i'd go for it

bolvey.1
07-28-04, 01:07 AM
I'm interested!!!

caddyshack24
07-28-04, 07:14 AM
I'm there. Unless of course i'm the only one who shows up :rant2:

90devilleguy
07-28-04, 01:34 PM
I'm there. Unless of course i'm the only one who shows up :rant2:

you seriously would drive up to maine for this?

ogbuehi
07-28-04, 04:06 PM
I might do it, if it gets big enough. Never been to maine before though.... :hmm:

caddyshack24
07-28-04, 04:11 PM
Well perhaps, seeing how i know about the event a year in advance. I'd definatly work it into the schedule if i could.. and if the turnout was resonable and organized.

T_Dogg8
08-04-04, 08:22 AM
anyone know anyone in cadillac to talk to, to try to get them involved??

hcvone
08-04-04, 08:47 AM
I was just up that way in early July, it's beautiful up there. :)

T_Dogg8
08-04-04, 09:44 AM
i've never been there, but saw pictures and saw the name and thought it would be a great place to have a cadillac show. what are the hotels in the area like?? if i make it a vacation, i want to stay somewhere nice.

PhillyCaddy
08-04-04, 08:15 PM
that sounds like a great idea.
I could make it work if enough people do it. I have never been there but hear it is awsome.

elwesso
08-04-04, 08:18 PM
Good Idea... Maybe something more centrally located, like western PA or something.. Thats a HELL of a drive for me.. :( And Id really like to come.....

T_Dogg8
08-05-04, 07:57 AM
Good Idea... Maybe something more centrally located, like western PA or something.. Thats a HELL of a drive for me.. :( And Id really like to come.....
it is a hell of a drive, but i want to do it there because it would be on cadillac mountain and i think that would be cool to get a picture of like a hundred caddies on top of cadillac mountain or with the mountain in the background.

ShadowLvr400
08-05-04, 10:37 AM
Bah, Maine? What's going on in Maine? I'd rather do FL. Least we got the bikini girls on the beaches.

majax
08-05-04, 12:56 PM
I agree with Wess I mean Maine is as far away from me in the US as possible of course thats what I90 is for lol. Flordia dont sound to bad "bikinis." How about Lincoln Nebraska haha jk. 1toycad would definatley come if we did Witchita Kansas muhahaha :devil:. Shoot if we got Cadillac in on it we could have it at like the GM proving grounds and we could like do crazy stuff with our cars on the thousands of acres of concrete. Actually the CAdillac ranch would be cool with all the cadis in the ground you know with just the back ends sticking up. Also that place is centraly lokated in the middle of no where USA.

T_Dogg8
08-05-04, 01:41 PM
i haven't been there, but i've seen pics and it's beautiful there. i know it's out of the way, but really, what isn't going to be out of the way for some people. it'll be a good hike for me, especially if i'm in NC by next summer. but i think it would worth it to have that view and a bunch of caddies.

caddyshack24
08-07-04, 03:35 AM
Now that you mention it shadow, we need to have a central location. DC area. I mean, you guys are all in favor of a location close to your area.. but we need to compromise here if this will work. Just my thoughts on it. Then we need a site to host this on. Some things to do. Some decent place to eat. something to take away from it all.. :drinker <-- guilty as charged

elwesso
08-07-04, 10:46 AM
Something a little more western of DC would be a little nicer for those coming from the wild west of indiana!!!

Xrayqueen
08-07-04, 01:33 PM
Would love to meet up next summer !!! Get GMC in on it maybe they'll sponsor the gas :D
Peace :bouncy:

barge master
08-14-04, 11:18 PM
Maine is a nice place to look at but people will be too distracted wondering how the girls get so fat when they have no teeth.

caddyshack24
08-14-04, 11:32 PM
lmao, lets scratch maine off and head to some kinda event.. like mardi gras, thatd get us laid

RBraczyk
10-03-04, 05:30 PM
Mardi gras sounds good, i could do maine. the blazer may make it that far as long as she can take a breather every so often. I know its sad.

gust_1980
11-12-04, 01:32 AM
i think centrally located would have to take 'average' number of people and distances involved and either suggest chicago or st. louis area. i know there are lots of people in the chi-area that would go.(big caddy town)

Caddy Man
11-12-04, 12:00 PM
i personally dont feel cadillac mountain is enough of a reason to go to Maine. (sorry all you maine folk!) lol, detroit area, is the home to cadillac :D

T_Dogg8
11-13-04, 01:34 PM
yeah, and potholes, snow, salt, and wind.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-13-04, 11:22 PM
whatever you do make sure to pitch it to the CTS-v guys , or perhaps see if they are going to have a meet ...

Its one thing to get a few fleets and eldos grubbed up , but the folks with the rare and speical factory stuff usuly have national meets , look at the mustang , turbo buick and syclone/typhoon folks

catscnfly
11-13-04, 11:35 PM
anyone know anyone in cadillac to talk to, to try to get them involved??
Believe me.. they are watching.

Adam
11-14-04, 02:53 AM
i personally dont feel cadillac mountain is enough of a reason to go to Maine. (sorry all you maine folk!) lol, detroit area, is the home to cadillac :D

:yeah: i used to live in Detroit so i could do that. we are going back up there next year (i believe) and by then i should have a CTS (God willing). i am not taking the Fleetwood on a long ride like that. by this time next year she will be well into her 160s. shes getting old. but Detroit would be a great place to do it. Chi town people could take a ferry across and so could the Maine, Pennsylvania (sp?), NY/NJ, and all those other people in the northeast. the West Coast people would still be left out in the cold but it would be closer than Maine. like before mentioned Detroit is the home of Cadillac. oh hell, we could have it in Cadillac, MI.

davesdeville
11-14-04, 09:02 PM
Centrally located is not DC. Nor is Maine or Florida. Maybe think about having it at the same time and close to another cool event that would provide another reason to go.

Vesicant
11-14-04, 09:23 PM
I have 2 ideas:

1. Make the gathering in the midwest. Everyone has to drive/fly/etc close to or equally as far.

2. The next idea is to figure out where the bulk of the people on this forum (who are interested to go to the meet) are located and just do the meet in the surrounding area with the "special" event selected.

I think it'd be nice if we could make the traveling time as equal as possible for everyone.

Raceways, Drag Strips, Car Shows, Local GM/Chevrolet Owners club chapters.

cadibrougham
03-15-05, 11:40 PM
i live in phoenix az and either way that is a long haul to anywher west of mississppi but i would be willing to travel that far in my new 93 deville with 60,000 miles on it.

that detriot idea dont sound to bad at all:thumbsup:

i sure dont know about maine though:cookoo:

gygmy
03-16-05, 11:09 AM
Bar Harbor would be a good destination drive for a meet. There is lots of lodging and camping available. Bar Harbor is a good party town with lots of good bars, restaurants and funky type shops. They also have a good brewery. We took our old 94 Deville to the top of Cadillac Mt. The view is fantastic and it is the first place in the US to see the sun rise. Acadia National Park has tons of hiking and biking trails and some spectacular sea side rock climbing. There's also deep sea fishing and whale watching. All-in-all a lot of different things to do. I'm sure their Chamber of Commerce would welcome any Cadillac meet. They would hear the word Cadillac and think $$$ and non-rowdy folks. Then we could prove them wrong on atleast one of their assumptions. As far as finding a place that would satisfy everyone that ain't going to happen.