: Hennessey Package Cost?

qictrk
01-28-09, 10:57 PM
I noticed that Hennessey Motors has several hp packages for the CTS-V. Has anyone found out what the cost is per package. He has one for 610hp and another for 650hp. If someone finds out please post it. Cecil.......

thebigjimsho
01-28-09, 11:28 PM
I'm not sure. Cecil...

CIWS
01-28-09, 11:58 PM
Talk to this forum member.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/member.php?u=81250

Ketzer
01-29-09, 09:13 AM
Research is important when making these type of decisions.

TheGeeman
01-29-09, 10:08 AM
I don't know any thing about Hennessey and I cannot say this information is accurate; however it appears several complaints have been filed.
http://www.sportbikes.net/archives/forums/printthread.php?t=62350

spl642
01-29-09, 10:51 AM
they have one of the 610HP versions on Ebay for a buy it now of $85,000

rw99
01-29-09, 11:45 AM
Mopar guys will tell you: buyer beware.

CIWS
01-29-09, 11:51 AM
they have one of the 610HP versions on Ebay for a buy it now of $85,000

To each their own, but buying a "new" 70-85K dollar car that has a great deal of the powertrain warranty voided already doesn't fill me with an urge to sign loan papers.

haterinc
01-29-09, 12:41 PM
had a brief convo with James at Hennessey last week when inquiring about their packages. Numbers advertised are estimated crank numbers. price of 610hp kit is about $8k installed (to free up the breathing, pulley and a tune) and 660hp kit is about $16k installed (610 kit plus headers, cam, and heads).

ps v800TT come with $40k installed :)

Dave-V
01-29-09, 12:56 PM
$8000 seems pretty high for a roughly 10% increase in crank HP, if that is the case.

haterinc
01-29-09, 02:19 PM
agreed for $1100 corsa exhaust, k&n drop in filter, tune, and pulley/belt combo.... a DIY <$3k job IMO

qictrk
01-29-09, 05:05 PM
Thanks Haterinc, it does seem a little steep, but his prices have always been consistantly high. As for the negitive feedback on him, i knew about his past and that has stayed with him for some time. A lot of time has passed and hopefully, he has learned from his errors. My pockets aren't deep enough for him right now anyway. Cecil...............

caddiedrummer
01-29-09, 06:20 PM
Proceed with caution. As an owner of 5 Vipers since 1994 I could tell some stories that would make you crazy. Do a search on the Viper board--where he was banned! It may have changed but for years you could not even use his name in a post. Also do a Dun & Bradstreet report.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
01-29-09, 07:47 PM
Do you get a discount if he sells parts off of your car while it's there?

thebigjimsho
01-30-09, 03:19 AM
yikes!

asabase
01-30-09, 10:17 AM
Do you get a discount if he sells parts off of your car while it's there?

Look him up on ebay. He is always selling all kinds of viper parts. gee, I wonder where he got those from? :thepan:

thebigjimsho
01-30-09, 03:36 PM
uh-oh

s4ologist
01-30-09, 09:00 PM
I contacted Hennessey recently. The 610 HP package is $8K,and the 660 HP package is $15K. Incidentally, the 800 HP turbo option is $40K. Note: they "didn't have" dyno plots available to show me. These are claimed (estimated) flywheel values. I am interested in some kind of mod as well, but I want to know what the car dynoes stock, and after their mods before I put anything on the car. Honestly, I think the prices are pretty steep, since the $8K gets you a pulley swap, cat back, and tuning. And why would all of that only net 54 HP? Only a 10% increase? Seems weak to me, which is why I want to see dyno plots and TQ curves.

thebigjimsho
01-30-09, 09:27 PM
I contacted Hennessey recently. The 610 HP package is $8K,and the 660 HP package is $15K. Incidentally, the 800 HP turbo option is $40K. Note: they "didn't have" dyno plots available to show me. These are claimed (estimated) flywheel values. I am interested in some kind of mod as well, but I want to know what the car dynoes stock, and after their mods before I put anything on the car. Honestly, I think the prices are pretty steep, since the $8K gets you a pulley swap, cat back, and tuning. And why would all of that only net 54 HP? Only a 10% increase? Seems weak to me, which is why I want to see dyno plots and TQ curves.
All I know is that these car have been out for 2 months. All the guys going mod crazy right now can have their fun. When I get my V, then I'll know which mods don't kill the longevity of these cars...

SLPR 6.0L
01-31-09, 10:36 AM
stay away from Hennessey.

s4ologist
01-31-09, 11:11 AM
Exaclty. That's what I've heard as well.

CIWS
01-31-09, 11:12 AM
All I know is that these car have been out for 2 months. All the guys going mod crazy right now can have their fun. When I get my V, then I'll know which mods don't kill the longevity of these cars...

:yeah: This is what I'm watching as well. Additional HP is great, but if it causes a potential warranty failure, with a cash strapped GM there may not be any warranty coverage there for the owner as they'll use every Mod excuse to deny it.

thebigjimsho
02-01-09, 02:15 AM
But I will say mid-late 2010 can't get here soon enough...

Heavychevy1
02-01-09, 01:31 PM
And I got bashed for bringing this up in the other thread with the hennessey employee posting all of his mods.

Kmajecki
02-01-09, 02:02 PM
Im sure this has been posted, $85k?!

Hennessey V Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-CTS-CTS-V-2009-Cadillac-CTS-V-with-610-hp-Hennessey-Upgrade-CTSV_W0QQitemZ110344002670QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Ca rs_Trucks?hash=item110344002670&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A317|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1308)

thebigjimsho
02-01-09, 03:35 PM
And I got bashed for bringing this up in the other thread with the hennessey employee posting all of his mods.
You should've been tarred and feathered. Consider yourself lucky. :happyhappy:

undertaker
02-01-09, 05:17 PM
personally I would just talk to any reputable vette shop in your area......essentially we're talking a vette motor in a caddy....if they have a good track record with vettes, they'll do the right thing with your V.

when I get my V it will hit the same shop that has built my 3 vettes and used my suburban to design a blower kit. if I told you that the 4 vehicles combined make/made 3000 at the crank (like 804,732, 553, 537 at the wheels) would you believe me? I'd literally call them, drop the car off and leave it all up to them. Of course they're in NJ, not near you in CA.

thebigjimsho
02-01-09, 06:03 PM
As long as they have extensive FI experience...

atdeneve
02-02-09, 02:34 PM
personally I would just talk to any reputable vette shop in your area......essentially we're talking a vette motor in a caddy....if they have a good track record with vettes, they'll do the right thing with your V.

when I get my V it will hit the same shop that has built my 3 vettes and used my suburban to design a blower kit. if I told you that the 4 vehicles combined make/made 3000 at the crank (like 804,732, 553, 537 at the wheels) would you believe me? I'd literally call them, drop the car off and leave it all up to them. Of course they're in NJ, not near you in CA.

Which shop?

wait4me
02-02-09, 02:50 PM
East coast supercharging is what im going to guess. I was in your suburban when i flew over there to help them with a few things last year.. Talk about a fun ride. :) Well besides the stretcher in the back. :O The East coast boys are really nice group of guys.. Butch is also a funny guy but he has an avalanche so it dont count....

Silverspeed
02-02-09, 06:32 PM

Awesome, so an 8 THOUSAND dollar pulley change and a tune for 50 hp. You have got to be kidding. See previous posts about reputation.........

Heavychevy1
02-02-09, 08:25 PM

I agree, I'll be going to the local Vette shop that has done work on V1's and has extensive experience on the LS motors. That's if I dare to mod.

Not only has Hennessey tarnished his reputation but now they are a jack of all trades. They have GT-R stuff, Viper/Challenger stuff, GT500/Ford GT Stuff, Porsche stuff, Corvette stuff and Mercedes stuff.

That's too many to really have expert advise for all of them.

undertaker
02-07-09, 12:27 AM
East coast supercharging is what im going to guess. I was in your suburban when i flew over there to help them with a few things last year.. Talk about a fun ride. :) Well besides the stretcher in the back. :O The East coast boys are really nice group of guys.. Butch is also a funny guy but he has an avalanche so it dont count....

of course jesse.....

you know I had to throw the stretcher in the back to upset chris...I heard you guys road tested it at a somewhat high rate of speed (nuts considering the speed rating of those tires...) I'm gonna assume you heard how butch and I stickered up his toyota with 500 stickers, put neons on it, chrome and gold trim, tinkerbell trim etc....

http://bertok.us/y2klimited/yota.jpg

as for butch's avalanche.......the paxton from the sub is on his truck right now (i'm debating a tvs 2300 for it, was running too hot towing and meth wasn't the answer)....the 5 speed is coming out and a 4L80 is going in shortly since it ran thru the clutch at 3500 rpms at 11 pounds of boost on doug.

I think I'm starting to mature or something....I'm thinking of a sedan instead of a 3rd vette....usually my caddys only have one set of seats and rollers in the back.

wait4me
02-07-09, 01:30 PM
:worship: :shocked2: :bwahaharoll4vu:

That is some funny stuff.. I like the ram air vents! That must have added at least 10hp in cool points..

So you are the same guy i was thinkin.. Next time im in new jersey ill have to find you guys.. Too much fun. Looks like butch is putting on the same blower as yours now?

For those of you that dont know, The ECS guys made blower kit for undertakers truck and let me tell you, It was the funnest ride i have been in for a long time. We actually had to calm the power way down. I beleive we made 577 horsepower on your stock truck the very first pull. We calmed it way way down so it would last. 540 ish hp... I was loving the variable cam timing and how it pushed the hp way over what it should have... I am sure we could have hit 600 with it to the wheels if but i was afraid that your new motor would have needed a few pistons after a week. LOL

undertaker
02-07-09, 10:54 PM
:worship: :shocked2: :bwahaharoll4vu:

That is some funny stuff.. I like the ram air vents! That must have added at least 10hp in cool points..

So you are the same guy i was thinkin.. Next time im in new jersey ill have to find you guys.. Too much fun. Looks like butch is putting on the same blower as yours now?

For those of you that dont know, The ECS guys made blower kit for undertakers truck and let me tell you, It was the funnest ride i have been in for a long time. We actually had to calm the power way down. I beleive we made 577 horsepower on your stock truck the very first pull. We calmed it way way down so it would last. 540 ish hp... I was loving the variable cam timing and how it pushed the hp way over what it should have... I am sure we could have hit 600 with it to the wheels if but i was afraid that your new motor would have needed a few pistons after a week. LOL

I think you might have heard, I've blown up 3 motors in teh past year in my boosted vette? plus a trans, plus an output shaft, had it shoot 5 foot flames when a snapped belt took out the oil return and hit the exhaust....all within a year...

the old car......god 5 trannies, one rear, one motor, one turbo and more I can't think of.

you can imagine why doug was saying it needed to be conservatively tuned....I'm slightly destructive...

the sub is supposed to be reliable, they only let me have 7 pounds....we tried running it with some 100 octane and no restrictor plate opening day at teh track but it wouldn't hook up in 2wd (3.2 60 ft cuz I said screw it and let them smoke), then in 4hi it blew thru the trans, revving out past teh 6 grand on teh tach. so I pedaled it to a 14.2

and actually it my exact blower he's trying out, I yanked it when an electric fan blew up and I needed to tow the 24 ft enclosed to go racing...

maybe I need a tvs 2300 now....

here's this week's BS.....and the remnants of the 'yota...

uhzwnUgsY7A

thebigjimsho
02-07-09, 11:44 PM
this thread is boring.

jjsC6
02-08-09, 08:17 AM
I'd caution anyone who does not have experience with "tuners". Many of them advertise packages and make it sound like they have developed some sort of standard kits when in fact they have not built the first one.

And the first few they do build they are experimenting on your car. I have been down this road years ago, and have seen many of my friends mod Vipers and Corvettes in the past seven or eight years. Almost every one of them has had some sort of problem.

Often, people don't want to admit they have problems for a variety of reasons. But one of the biggest reasons is that they are still trying to get the tuner to fix the issues, so they will actually say GOOD things about them on the forums.

And yes, Hennessey has one of the worst reputations in the business. I've met him several times, and some of his customers. I also have met some of the mechanics who worked for him and then left. I'm sure he has many happy customers. But it's like the old joke - "we shoot every third salesman, and number two just left". Just be sure you know where you stand in line.

urbanski
02-08-09, 09:35 AM
beware of 50 cent resistors repackaged as $600 "boxes"

John Hennessey
02-08-09, 08:16 PM
Hello to all 2009 CTS-V owners and enthusiasts. I would like to address the questions and interest in our parts, packages and performance for the new V. I just sent an email to the admin to sign up as a site supporter for this forum. So I will wait til tomorrow to give you more details, I would just like to take this opportunity to say hello and answer a few questions which have been asked:

1. Pricing? We will be offering both individual parts as well as complete packages (mail order and installed at our shop near Houston, TX). You will find that our parts prices are in line with most vendors offering similar upgrades. We are not the cheapest but we strive to offer the best service before and after the sale. You will also find that when you factor in the cost per rear wheel hp, that our packages are a very good value. More on that tomorrow.

2. Performance? Our mildly tuned V (air induction and tune) ran 11.85 @ 122 mph about a week ago. The same car dyno'd 538 rw hp & 547 rw torque today (SAE). One pull it made 560 rw hp uncorrected in 67 deg. air. We plan to run it down the track at some point soon and will report the results to you. More details on this package, parts, costs, availability, dyno sheets, dyno video, etc. after we are officially a site sponsor.

Thanks for your interest.

John Hennessey

Dave Golder
02-08-09, 11:06 PM
John wanted me to post this. We finalized our packages today and he will post more information tomorrow.

Hello to all 2009 CTS-V owners and enthusiasts. I would like to address the questions and interest in our parts, packages and performance for the new V. I just sent an email to the admin to sign up as a site supporter for this forum. So I will wait til tomorrow to give you more details, I would just like to take this opportunity to say hello and answer a few questions which have been asked: 1. Pricing? We will be offering both individual parts as well as complete packages (mail order and installed at our shop near Houston, TX). You will find that our parts prices are in line with most vendors offering similar upgrades. We are not the cheapest but we strive to offer the best service before and after the sale. You will also find that when you factor in the cost per rear wheel hp, that our packages are a very good value. More on that tomorrow. 2. Performance? Our mildly tuned V (Headers, exh and 1.75lb pulley) ran 11.85 @ 122 mph about two weeks ago. Since then we have picked up another 50RWHP. The same car dyno'd 538 rw hp & 547 rw torque today (SAE). One pull it made 560 rw hp uncorrected in 67 deg. air. We plan to run it down the track at some point soon and will report the results to you. More details on this package, parts, costs, availability, dyno sheets, dyno video, etc. after we are officially a site sponsor. Thanks for your interest.

thebigjimsho
02-09-09, 11:12 PM
and there you go...

whisler151
02-09-09, 11:34 PM
Hello to all 2009 CTS-V owners and enthusiasts. I would like to address the questions and interest in our parts, packages and performance for the new V. I just sent an email to the admin to sign up as a site supporter for this forum. So I will wait til tomorrow to give you more details, I would just like to take this opportunity to say hello and answer a few questions which have been asked:

1. Pricing? We will be offering both individual parts as well as complete packages (mail order and installed at our shop near Houston, TX). You will find that our parts prices are in line with most vendors offering similar upgrades. We are not the cheapest but we strive to offer the best service before and after the sale. You will also find that when you factor in the cost per rear wheel hp, that our packages are a very good value. More on that tomorrow.

2. Performance? Our mildly tuned V (air induction and tune) ran 11.85 @ 122 mph about a week ago. The same car dyno'd 538 rw hp & 547 rw torque today (SAE). One pull it made 560 rw hp uncorrected in 67 deg. air. We plan to run it down the track at some point soon and will report the results to you. More details on this package, parts, costs, availability, dyno sheets, dyno video, etc. after we are officially a site sponsor.

Thanks for your interest.

John Hennessey

Looking forward to seeing the new video. Welcome.

thebigjimsho
02-10-09, 12:57 AM
vids!

John Hennessey
02-10-09, 06:43 PM
how many posts do i need to make to be able to post a video link? its on youtube now.

thebigjimsho
02-10-09, 06:48 PM
how many posts do i need to make to be able to post a video link? its on youtube now.
none. click reply and then click on the little earth symbol in the gray section. then enter the entire link.

urbanski
02-10-09, 06:56 PM

the vid was nice, but advertised your shop. lets get the vendor plan worked out first.
thanks
http://www.cadillacforums.com/subscribe.html

caddiedrummer
02-10-09, 07:11 PM
And so it begins...........................

S420merc
02-10-09, 08:13 PM
i would not let Hennessey tune my snowblower just go on viper and other boards and read about used parts being installed and people having the parts of their car sold off. I cant believe this comp is still in buisness.

Submariner409
02-10-09, 08:27 PM
Has anyone Googled "john hennessey lawsuits" ?

qictrk
02-10-09, 08:37 PM
Enough has been said about Hennessey's past. I don't think we have to keep going over old news. People can decided for themselves. I don't like to see the slamming of sponsors of this site. You can take any of the sponsors that are listed and i'm sure there will be at least one customer or more, that wasn't happy with their service. I have never done any business with Hennessey, nor have i ever met him, but if you've been wronged, i would like to hear the specifics and both sides. Cecil...........:nono:

Submariner409
02-10-09, 09:10 PM
Cecil......As with any Internet business proposition, "Caveat Emptor". Supporter, Vendor, or whatever, it's your money
and you should do some homework. Problem is, bad business practice is very simple to track down with Google.

Before you climb on your White Horse, slay a few dragons.

RightTurn
02-10-09, 09:24 PM
Cecil......As with any Internet business proposition, "Caveat Emptor". Supporter, Vendor, or whatever, it's your money
and you should do some homework. Problem is, bad business practice is very simple to track down with Google.

Before you climb on your White Horse, slay a few dragons.

Cecil--is Hennessey a supporting vendor of this site? :confused: Regardless, I disagree with you. Poor business practices should be revealed.

whisler151
02-10-09, 10:25 PM
Cecil--is Hennessey a supporting vendor of this site? :confused: Regardless, I disagree with you. Poor business practices should be revealed.

And it has been revealed...by you and 25 other poster. Get over it. If people want to pay for his services let them.

qictrk
02-10-09, 10:40 PM
I agree with you guys that bad business practice should be revealed, but it can be done with a hand instead of a hammer. It can be said that he had several complaints back in early 2000. Hopefully, he has learned from that and has made better decisions. I guess i'm more forgiving than some of you and always willing to give a person a second chance. Thats the last i have to say about it. Cecil............

RightTurn
02-10-09, 10:41 PM
And it has been revealed...by you and 25 other poster. Get over it. If people want to pay for his services let them.

Um, and you may back the hell off. I haven't "revealed" anything because I don't know anything about the guy's business practices first hand. However I'm finding a lot of these posts very informative.

thebigjimsho
02-10-09, 11:21 PM
this thread blowed up.

whisler151
02-11-09, 01:48 AM
Um, and you may back the hell off. I haven't "revealed" anything because I don't know anything about the guy's business practices first hand. However I'm finding a lot of these posts very informative.

You mean you don't have the Hennessey package on your CTS? :histeric:

Just because you are "finding a lot of these posts very informative" does not mean that you need to blab about it. It does not effect you at all...I can see by the number of your 27,xxx posts that you like to see yourself type...if the rest of your posts are like this one you stick your nose in areas that it does not belong.

thebigjimsho
02-11-09, 03:18 AM
poast countz are da shizz

urbanski
02-11-09, 06:14 AM
Hennessey just signed up. He can make a new thread.