: Cadillac CTS-V Vs. STS-V

timored
01-28-09, 05:22 AM
Hello. I am thinking of buying a Cadillac. Either a Cts-V or a Sts-V.

I would buy another Escalade (drive my dads escalade right now) but my girlfriend thinks I am too short for an escalade and I look funny in it but that's her excuse because she just likes small cars. So here is what I am looking for.

I am looking for the car to be smooth ride and fast one. If i cant have the escalade then at least I can have some fun to race someones ass. Please advise which car to buy. Also I am 17 years old if that makes any difference.

Thanks ,TIM

thebigjimsho
01-28-09, 09:18 AM
STS-V. It looks more bling for the tennieboppers...

ryannel2003
01-28-09, 10:34 AM
Damn I'm 18 and thought I was doing good with my 9 year old Seville :D

I've driven both cars, and I prefer the ride and the interior of the STS-V. However, that car is alot more softly sprung than the CTS-V, and the exterior of the CTS-V is much sexier looking. It really comes down to what you want. Used STS-V's are in the low $30k's. The new CTS-V is up near
$60k, while used examples are right below $25k.

BTW, I wouldn't let my girlfriend tell me what kind of car to drive. If you like the Escalade, buy another one. Don't be whipped into buying a car she prefers.

timored
01-28-09, 11:32 AM
So you think the STS-V is better ride and better interior. I forgot to mention one small detail (or big). I will be buying a 2005 or a 2006 car. Is STS-V as powerful as CTS-V? Thank you for all the replies.

Thanks, TIM

ryannel2003
01-28-09, 11:51 AM
In that case, I'd take the STS-V. The 1st Gen CTS-V is a beast and compared to the STS is unrefined, but tons of fun. It also has a bad axle hop, plus it only comes in a stick shift, and has a harsh ride and a substandard interior. But for overall performance, the 1st Gen CTS-V is a a bargain.

CTS-V used two different kinds of engine; the '04-'05 used an LS6, while the '06-'07 had an LS2. The STS-V uses a Supercharged 4.4L Northstar with 469 horsepower.

timored
01-28-09, 12:13 PM
Well if I buy a STS-V. Will i be able to beat a Acura TL stock atleast? And looking at the horsepower on CTS-V and STS-V, the STS-V has a bit more. Is that an advantage? Thank you again.

ryannel2003
01-28-09, 01:18 PM
It should easily hand the TL it's ass. 0-60 for a STS-V is around 5 seconds, whereas the fastest TL is around 5.5 seconds. The STS-V has the hp advantage, but it's a bit heavier so they are actually close in times. In some instances, the CTS-V is the faster car. They are also easier to mod, because they use the engine from the Corvette.

timored
01-28-09, 02:53 PM
Well i wont really mod the car. The only thing I will do to the car is add an exhaust system (by the way, which one is the loudest in the low tone not like the corsa)

So from your experience if i want a car that is smooth, fast and sexy not only on the outside but also on the inside, would you choose a STS-V or CTS-V?

Thanks, TIM

ryannel2003
01-28-09, 08:10 PM
The STS-V is the best combination of power, luxury and looks IMO. As for the exhaust, I'm not sure what is offered. Maybe someone on the STS-V forums will know a great alternative.

c5 rv
01-28-09, 08:21 PM
If you're trying to impress girls, you're looking at all the wrong cars. You should be looking for a mid-90s LeSabre, and a hat (not a ball cap), and some stylish threads - like a sweater vest. You know what they say - girls get wet for the Buick. (Keep some Depends in the trunk.)

timored
01-28-09, 08:24 PM
My girlfriend will not like a 90 car lol. She likes one of these car but i wanna choose the best one and I think you are all right. The sts-v might be a better choice. I found this site http://cadillacfaq.com/gi/sts-vs-cts-v.html

Thank you for all of your help.

Rodya234
01-30-09, 09:57 PM
oh god how do you delete.

Rodya234
01-30-09, 09:58 PM
I'd have to agree, if you're trying to impress a girl you're looking at the wrong cars. A girl who really cares about you will not care about how much horsepower you have in any way, shape, or form. Because most girls hate going fast. (Unless she gets off on that kind of stuff) If your constantly burying the needle most girls will scream your ear off. Girls like cars that are comfortable, look good, and that ride soft and quiet. My Deville has an Edelbrock axle back, and my last girlfriend hated it, because we couldn't talk over the sound of the car.

If you want a car, get the car that YOU want. Because my girl might have hated my exhaust, but that car has been mine for my entire life, and it's still here while she's not.

thebigjimsho
01-30-09, 11:05 PM
Well if I buy a STS-V. Will i be able to beat a Acura TL stock atleast? And looking at the horsepower on CTS-V and STS-V, the STS-V has a bit more. Is that an advantage? Thank you again.
A stock STS would give the TL a run. An STS-V???? :tisk:

cts-me
04-15-09, 04:30 PM
Hello. I am thinking of buying a Cadillac. Either a Cts-V or a Sts-V.

I would buy another Escalade (drive my dads escalade right now) but my girlfriend thinks I am too short for an escalade and I look funny in it but that's her excuse because she just likes small cars. So here is what I am looking for.

I am looking for the car to be smooth ride and fast one. If i cant have the escalade then at least I can have some fun to race someones ass. Please advise which car to buy. Also I am 17 years old if that makes any difference.

Thanks ,TIM

come on bro, ill give you some insight, since i was in a similar situation to you before i made my mind up, and i couldnt feel better about my decision. First of all, DO NOT get the STS-V if you have the ability to get the CTS-V it offers more luxury power and handling (and looks better if you ask me.) look in any car magazine with a CTS-V review and they praise it as the best american car in ages, and it isnt unearned. It is the fastest production sedan the world has ever seen, smoking m5's and IS-F's and whatever else is thrown its way.

Also look at the interiors, the CTS's is clearly better in my mind. I would however look at some german cars too, they are truly great cars, look at the m3 and the c63 both are great.

If you must get a caddy, the King is the CTS-V, Make the same great decision i did and get one! (Also, if your not a little girl and can drive a manual, you might wonna order an 09' cause rumor has it they are gonna take the manual tranny out of the '10 model.)

If your interested look for Tony and Scott in the CTS-V forum

shishcubob
04-16-09, 12:10 PM
F acuras i completely pawn my buddies in my eldorado. And if i had to make the decision between a STS-V or a CTS-V i would definitely go with the CTS. Im pretty sure you can either get the '09 with an automatic or a manual tranny. Cause when they set the Nurburgring sedan lap record (or whatever the hell they did) the driver was using an automatic tranny i believe

cts-me
04-16-09, 08:39 PM
F acuras i completely pawn my buddies in my eldorado. And if i had to make the decision between a STS-V or a CTS-V i would definitely go with the CTS. Im pretty sure you can either get the '09 with an automatic or a manual tranny. Cause when they set the Nurburgring sedan lap record (or whatever the hell they did) the driver was using an automatic tranny i believe

Ya , i know that they have both trannies, but they may discontinue the manual (due to low demand and problems with tremec supplying them.) for the 2010 model

Rodya234
04-18-09, 02:42 PM
the TL (2009) has an average 0-60 of 6.8 Seconds. it would stand no chance against ANY V-series.

mbnv992
04-18-09, 09:37 PM
Heck the regular V8 320HP Northstar would be faster then the TL.
Anyway, I'd go for the STS-V. No matter how much I would LOVE a CTS-V, I would never comfortably fit in one for extended periods of time. At 6'3", when I test drove a regular CTS, my knees were practically digging into the dash. Very uncomfortable. The STS is just hands down class IMO.

V-Eight
07-08-09, 08:58 PM
^ Damn.....really? I was hoping to get a used one sometime....maybe not?

Skiller.
01-21-10, 12:30 PM
You're 17 and you need a V-Series Caddy? :D