: Little red light

Nastor Nastiuk
01-27-09, 02:44 PM
On a 1998 Deville radio section there is a little red light on the upper right hand corner that has been staying on even with car not running. Have been able to find out what this light does or why it is staying on at all times. Any help on this? Thanks.
Nastor

N*Caddy
01-27-09, 08:25 PM
Can you post a picture?

Nastor Nastiuk
01-28-09, 07:25 PM
I have apic of this but don`t know how to send it.
Nastor

N*Caddy
01-28-09, 10:01 PM
On top of the message edit window you have a button with a paper clip symbol, when you drag the mouse over a small hint window will show up with the text “Attachments”. Click on the button and a new window will open with the following text: “Upload File from your Computer”. Press the first “Browse...” on top and browse for the picture on your computer (make sure you have the picture on a local drive or some flash card attached to your computer in .jpg format). Click the “Upload” on the bottom right of the “Browse...” buttons.
Then click on the message area the place where you want the picture to show and then press the little arrow down on the right side of the paper clip. You will see a small drop down list with the name of your picture. Just click on that picture and some strange text will show on the place you clicked to place the picture (that is the code for the picture).
You are done, just press “Preview Post” to preview the post (the picture will show). If you are happy with the post the press the “Submit Reply” button so we can all see the picture.

Waw in words it sound so complicated but in practice is so simple.

chazglenn3
01-28-09, 11:23 PM
Sounds like an aftermarket alarm system light to me.

N*Caddy
01-29-09, 08:16 PM
Yeah I was thinking on that too. The only thing that hold me to say it out loud is the extra trouble to have it mounted there when is so easy to install the LED on the bottom side of the windshield (that’s what most people are doing). Is kind of odd…

Nastor Nastiuk
01-29-09, 09:49 PM
I have apic of this but don`t know how to send it.
Nastor

If the fella from T.O. would send me his e-mail, I could send him a pic of the problem. I`m having trouble putting the pic on the forum. Thanks.
Nastor

urbanski
01-30-09, 07:17 AM
N*Caddy explained how to post a pic. Just attach to a reply.

Nastor Nastiuk
01-30-09, 04:34 PM
Can you post a picture?

hope this works

urbanski
01-30-09, 04:52 PM
yup.

N*Caddy
01-30-09, 07:58 PM
Yup, definitely not a Cadillac thing (if is the LED mounted on the top-right side of the radio frame).
In this case I can not pronounce in any way about it, sorry! :( One thing I can say, I would be pretty upset to have it on my car since the dash frame was drilled (at least is relatively a small piece to replace).

Nastor Nastiuk
01-30-09, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the replies. I`ve had trouble with the ignition awhile back and went to our local G.M. dealer. They suggested that they could bypass the g.m. key so it wouldn`t cause me anymore trouble. The ignition would shut down completley so could not start the car. I agreed to go ahead so since that time I believe that light did stay on at all times. I still have the problem of the ignition shuting down and went back to the dealer. They looked at it again but could not find anything to do. So this is where I am.
Nastor

chazglenn3
01-30-09, 11:29 PM
All the dealer has to do is replace the ignition switch. There are two (I think) very thin wires that run from the ignition to the theft module. The key has a resistor pellet in it and the wires read the resistance and allow the car to start if the correct value is read. The wires are very thin and tend to break after years of use. They can be bypassed using a resistor of the correct value also. I assume that is what they tried to do but didn't get it right.