: Where's that Fuse

libbysman
01-26-09, 11:57 PM
Hello All; New 97 Cat owner, and I'm bewildered as to where the fuse (if any) is for the fog lights. I've been through owners manual and there's no reference to a fuse for my fog lights that don't work. Can anyone offer the majic answer?

maroonedcatera
01-27-09, 12:11 AM
went thru that same problem. I believe it was what the dealer called the multi-function switch, which is really the headlight switch.

Thought both bulbs were toast, changed them to no avail

Had it at the dealer for maint and asked to look at the problem. They replaced the switch thru my extended warranty.

Have seen them online, possibly at Advanced Auto or Autozone for about 35.00 if I remember or at the Dealer for an arm and a leg

maroonedcatera
01-27-09, 12:31 AM
I revisited that switch I mentioned earlier and it is about 216.00 at Autozone, P/N SW2129

My apologies for the incorrect dollars, but I have spent a boat load of money on this car, it all starts to run together after awhile.

I think the $35.00 is the towing bill for every time I have to have it towed to the Cadillac Dealer

JRomano
01-27-09, 01:41 AM
Hello All; New 97 Cat owner, and I'm bewildered as to where the fuse (if any) is for the fog lights. I've been through owners manual and there's no reference to a fuse for my fog lights that don't work. Can anyone offer the magic answer?

You are looking for the K134 Multifunction Relay, its stuffed up under the dash, above the hood pull and behind the headlight switch, its a gray box about the size of a pack of cigarettes but thicker with a plug on the end of it with about 10 wires or so for the plug. You have to drop the fuse panel cover off first to get a chance at reaching up in there for it. The solder connections will go bad on these internally, if you have a soldering iron you can remelt the contacts and it will work again or buy a new one. I bought a soldering iron and fixed my own. This relay box also controls a number of other things on the car such as the radio and optional sunroof as far as I know.
There is a more detailed thread here somewhere on how to find and replace it but this is a more concise how-to.

Warez
01-27-09, 03:07 AM
It is shared with the LHR or RHS high beam fuse, I forget which at the moment.

Do both of you high beams work?

libbysman
02-01-09, 05:21 PM
Thanks for coming back with the great info. Yes, both the high beams work just fine. I think this car may be possesed, now I get an audible alarm then the oil light comes on. If I restart the engine it goes away (for awhile). The oil is right on the full mark. Of course what would one alrm be without getting another one. The " low coolant" light is on even though the bottle is full. Eeerie!! Any thoughts? It would certainly help.