: water in my trunk

Cadillacjohn
01-26-09, 04:52 PM
hi everyone,
wondering if some one can tell me why i always have condensation in my trunk during winter and summer.i cleaned the sunroof drains already. please someone help me

greencadillacmatt
01-26-09, 05:48 PM
I would check the weatherstripping around the trunk lid, and also see if the drain channels around the trunk are clear. My '84 DeVille has tiny drain holes in the trunk drain channels. Also, welcome to the Cadillac Forums. :welcome: People are really cool around here, and you should hear from the rest of them soon.

jayoldschool
01-26-09, 05:49 PM
Condensation (especially in winter) is normal. Happens when there is cold air at night and warmer during the day. Cold air holds less water vapour than warm air, so the water condenses on the cold sheetmetal (yes, I teach Science). If you are talking about pooled water on the floor, that is something else entirely.

Welcome to the forum, btw! Post up some pics of your car in the thread up top...

Cadillacjohn
01-26-09, 07:43 PM
glad to be here thanks

DopeStar 156
01-27-09, 01:00 AM
You're not alone I have this same problem. The trunk lid is wet on the inside and if it's not frozen, it's dripping down into the carpeting inside. How do I combat this condensation and prevent my trunklid from rotting?

sven914
01-27-09, 06:49 PM
There are a few residential products (http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=moisture%20absorber&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wf) that absorb moisture, non of which I've tried. But I've got a ruptured trunk seal and I've noticed that if I leave a few cheap paper towel rolls in the trunk, they absorb a lot of the moisture.