: who sells aftermarket pullies for the 09 V?

brent eb02
01-26-09, 12:56 PM
my friend just picked up his new V and wants a few mods

any help would be great thanks

wait4me
01-26-09, 01:32 PM
We have modded computers he can buy that will wake it up substantially for only $320 including a ecm he gets to keep.

We also have K&n air filters for them in stock.

Also we have programming software available with my custom cadillacforums ctsV t43 cal files that let you change alot more than regular efilive customers on the transmissions.. We have that for $750 shipped if you mention this site. Retail is $800+shipping.

I am in the process of setting up aftermarket lower crank pulley setups with removable boost pulley segments. The top pulley could be damaged very easy and isnt recomended to modify it. It would also void your motor warrenty by pulling off that plastic safety cap on the bolt.

Ketzer
01-26-09, 01:38 PM
W4M,
I guess I missed the post about tranny reprogram? What sort of mods does it do? Double the price of the engine tune?

Jeff-

brent eb02
01-26-09, 02:01 PM
we will have the car dyno tuned here in new jersey

just looking for the parts for now

thanks

wait4me
01-26-09, 02:05 PM
The trans tunes i set up make the car alot different from stock. I have not posted any dyno numbers from a modified trans tune. The lower torque jumps substantially after i pull out a few limiters that are there in the engine and matching one in the trans. Also, I change the rate at which boost is applied and removed during your quarter mile run.

I also make each MODE different so you can actually tell the difference between sport, normal and competition modes. Also give you FULL control of the paddle shift option. What is the point of having them if they still upshift at 5800-6000 rpms on thier own.... Mine would rev to 6500 before a shift. Even though i set the rev limit of the motor to 6400-6500. A stock motor revs that high before dropping power. Even though the stock rev limit is 6200.. A lot of dyno gains i have seen from companies are counting that higher rpm in thier hp gains. I try not to do that in my graphs so make it fair when you compare a program from stock to tuned..

Quicker shifts, more precise shifting patterns. Modified shift torque matching and several other things are modified.

With the tune on the trans only, 1 second off the quarter mile with slicks should be obtainable. Time will tell..

Dr. Design
01-26-09, 02:23 PM
Hello,
We will be releasing a couple of different options for pullies along with the proper support system to handle the extra boost. We already have a couple of designs and prototypes we are working on. Stay tuned...

We also have a couple of other modifications that will be released once they are released from validation...

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

my friend just picked up his new V and wants a few mods

any help would be great thanks

GM-4-LIFE
01-26-09, 02:41 PM
Hello,
We will be releasing a couple of different options for pullies along with the proper support system to handle the extra boost. We already have a couple of designs and prototypes we are working on. Stay tuned...

We also have a couple of other modifications that will be released once they are released from validation...

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

I am looking forward to those options as I live local to you guys and can come down to get some power adders done.

By the way, I sent you guys a PM a week or so ago and I never heard back.

SG

Fire and Ice
01-26-09, 02:49 PM
I thought I sent you a reply to your PM. I'll resend it. Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.

thebigjimsho
01-26-09, 02:49 PM
Hello,

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 CadillacWhich pullies?

Ketzer
01-26-09, 02:58 PM
Exciting times are afoot!
Everyone's busting butt to try and bring this stuff to market!
I truely expect to see some 700-750hp Vs lurking around! (NO, not from pulley swaps or long tubes, but I'm sure each of these tuners wanna have the top dog out of their shop)
WOOT!

qictrk
01-26-09, 06:24 PM
Make sure when you come out with a pulley, you give us directions on how to get to the pulley, let alone replace it. Some of the newer cars are a real bear, to get at parts you want to modify. No service manual out there yet, is there? Cecil..........

thebigjimsho
01-26-09, 07:08 PM
That's right, guinea pig it up for us buyers in the future...

Mikels
01-26-09, 10:28 PM
Just trying to keep the record straight....

Bypass valve is calibrated to fully close as soon as throttle is applied. There is no delay (other than time for mechanical movement of valve). Boost is relieved when throttle is closed, causing pressure drop across bypass valve control solenoid, thereby releasing manifold pressure by opening bypass valve.

Transmission has 4 modes in stock format:
1- Tour mode (gear selector in Drive) - 2nd gear starts after first garage shift (1st gear used when gear selector 1st moved to D gate. Pattern and feel set towards comfort
2- Sport mode (gear selector moved to right of Drive) - 1st gear starts (always). Pattern and feel aggressive
3- PAS (Performance Algorithm Shift) - when in Sport gate (no TAP), transmission will enter PAS after exceeding lateral G threshold for calibrated period of time. Downshifts automatic to lowest gear available for given condition. This is the mode John Heinricy used at the 'Ring.
4- TAP (entered from Sport gate by either selecting gears from paddles on back side of steering wheel or by moving gear selector for-aft). Gear state displayed in Tach. Gears are held until driver selects another gear. Will bang against rev limiter until you TAP up, just as God intended. Will allow downshifts that bring engine to rev limiter in lower gear. Only concession to driver gear selection was coastdown gear changes to allow for driver who forgot they were in TAP, came to a stop and tried to pull away in 6th gear or something. Coastdown shifts will automatically shift down to 2nd if no driver input.

chris1268
01-27-09, 09:48 AM

Bypass valve is calibrated to fully close as soon as throttle is applied. There is no delay (other than time for mechanical movement of valve). Boost is relieved when throttle is closed, causing pressure drop across bypass valve control solenoid, thereby releasing manifold pressure by opening bypass valve.

1- Tour mode (gear selector in Drive) - 2nd gear starts after first garage shift (1st gear used when gear selector 1st moved to D gate. Pattern and feel set towards comfort
2- Sport mode (gear selector moved to right of Drive) - 1st gear starts (always). Pattern and feel aggressive
3- PAS (Performance Algorithm Shift) - when in Sport gate (no TAP), transmission will enter PAS after exceeding lateral G threshold for calibrated period of time. Downshifts automatic to lowest gear available for given condition. This is the mode John Heinricy used at the 'Ring.
4- TAP (entered from Sport gate by either selecting gears from paddles on back side of steering wheel or by moving gear selector for-aft). Gear state displayed in Tach. Gears are held until driver selects another gear. Will bang against rev limiter until you TAP up, just as God intended. Will allow downshifts that bring engine to rev limiter in lower gear. Only concession to driver gear selection was coastdown gear changes to allow for driver who forgot they were in TAP, came to a stop and tried to pull away in 6th gear or something. Coastdown shifts will automatically shift down to 2nd if no driver input.

Great post

Dr. Design
01-27-09, 08:51 PM
As in different diameters for different desired levels of boost.

Thank you,

Dr. D

Which pullies?

james4513
01-27-09, 10:03 PM

I agree, this is a great post! Can you point us to where we can learn more?

Thanks...

thebigjimsho
01-28-09, 06:21 AM
Pully's FTMFW!

brent eb02
03-23-09, 12:06 AM
so where are all the pullies? anybody selling them yet?

CadV
03-23-09, 12:44 AM
anybody selling them yet?

Nope

idoitforv
03-23-09, 12:55 AM
Lingenfelter has a kit that looks likes it already available, once again program wont let me post a link. But just google "lingenfelter 2009 CTS-V" and it will come up.

Fubar75207
03-23-09, 08:36 AM
The trans tunes i set up make the car alot different from stock. I have not posted any dyno numbers from a modified trans tune. The lower torque jumps substantially after i pull out a few limiters that are there in the engine and matching one in the trans. Also, I change the rate at which boost is applied and removed during your quarter mile run.

I also make each MODE different so you can actually tell the difference between sport, normal and competition modes. Also give you FULL control of the paddle shift option. What is the point of having them if they still upshift at 5800-6000 rpms on thier own.... Mine would rev to 6500 before a shift. Even though i set the rev limit of the motor to 6400-6500. A stock motor revs that high before dropping power. Even though the stock rev limit is 6200.. A lot of dyno gains i have seen from companies are counting that higher rpm in thier hp gains. I try not to do that in my graphs so make it fair when you compare a program from stock to tuned..

Quicker shifts, more precise shifting patterns. Modified shift torque matching and several other things are modified.

With the tune on the trans only, 1 second off the quarter mile with slicks should be obtainable. Time will tell..

I have ordered your cold air intake, ECM/Trans Tune and the X-Pipe setup. Do you have any dyno charts that show this setup v/s stock?