: Remote Start?

poor-sha
01-25-09, 01:07 PM
Do the auto CTS-Vs have remote start? The caddy site says this below but it't not clear what this feature is and why it is MN6 only.

"EZ Key passive entry system without remote start (Included and only available with (MN6) 6-speed manual transmission.)"

darjae
01-25-09, 02:03 PM
The auto CTS-Vs do have remote start.

proexpert
01-25-09, 02:28 PM
The auto start is only on the automatic transmission cars, I guess because the clutch must be pushed in to start the manual transmission cars?

Razorecko
01-25-09, 03:38 PM
The auto start is only on the automatic transmission cars, I guess because the clutch must be pushed in to start the manual transmission cars?

Nope, you can auto start manual transmissions nowadays. They dont want to be liable for owners leaving the car in 1st or Reverse and than autostarting from down the street :)

undertaker
01-25-09, 04:42 PM
Nope, you can auto start manual transmissions nowadays. They dont want to be liable for owners leaving the car in 1st or Reverse and than autostarting from down the street :)

I've seen it done....say oh, 2 weekends ago when my buddy's sister left his avalanche in first when she pulled it in the driveway and he hit the button not realizing....

thank god we were standing between his truck and mine with teh door open and being lazy......door scratched my truck 6 inches long and he scraped his bumper on a concrete wall.....but kept it off mom's month old 550i in the garage....

330toSRT8
01-25-09, 05:59 PM
I've seen it done....say oh, 2 weekends ago when my buddy's sister left his avalanche in first when she pulled it in the driveway and he hit the button not realizing....

thank god we were standing between his truck and mine with teh door open and being lazy......door scratched my truck 6 inches long and he scraped his bumper on a concrete wall.....but kept it off mom's month old 550i in the garage....
Seriously? Even my 1967 Camaro has a neutral safety switch to prevent that! :)

poor-sha
01-25-09, 06:00 PM
Thanks all, I knew it was auto only but couldn't tell if the V had it when you ordered an auto. I must admit that I'm finding that feature mighty handy on my truck with as it's been.

I'm still on the auto v manual fence and this is yet another thing to factor in. That is unless someone has a hack to enable it on a manual ;)