: something i cant figure out

Brett
06-30-04, 06:20 PM
why is the word "lose" so often misspelled on the internet. Every forum I go to, i constantly see the word "loose" used incorrectly. I could point it out on this board a hundred times.

Example: i'm going to loose(should be lose) my mind if I dont figure out why everyone is screwing this up

Elvis
06-30-04, 07:13 PM
Your being way too overcritical, Brett. They dont have you're education. Irregardless, their using the wrong word in there post's.

I was reading something the other day about Escalade break's not getting a proper brake-in period. It seem's that this is a common problem with large GM vehicle's. But I waded through all the grammatical error's and misspelling's just the same without being critical.

You should to. ;)

Brett
06-30-04, 07:17 PM
its not so much that i mind misspelling, its the amount of time i see this particular word misused. now that you've been alerted to it, you'll see it constantly and be driven slowly insane, just like me :)

ben72227
06-30-04, 07:32 PM
Irregardless, their using the wrong word in there post's.

i believe it's they're:p

Elvis
06-30-04, 07:33 PM
i believe it's they're:p

Your wrong to.

daacon
06-30-04, 07:35 PM
[QUOTE=Elvis]. Irregardless, their using the wrong word in there post's. /QUOTE]

One of my pet peeve's
[Probably blend of irrespective, and regardless.]

Usage Note: Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so
my spelling is bad , my typing is worse (and I am in the IT world - makes for some very intersting Emails I' ll tell ya!) - you can review some of my posts and be like shooting fish in barell - see I mean barrel :D

Msilva954
06-30-04, 08:17 PM
It should be like Read/Read......Lose/Lose............same goes for no/know....no/no...the easier the better.

caddyshack24
06-30-04, 09:37 PM
Your wrong to.
lmao, i have to do it... that's "You're" if i'm not mistaken. http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/Want-Some.gif
eye used too have a problem with their, there and they're.. after i got ragged a few times eye fixed it

Msilva954
06-30-04, 09:46 PM
"eye fixed it"

Cmon eye no your better then that.
http://www.raceworx.com/imabandwidththief/captain%20obvious.gif

Elvis
06-30-04, 10:14 PM
your all ful uf crapp. or else your really slow on the uptake. :p :tease:

Randy_W
06-30-04, 11:26 PM
Your wrong to.

That should be You're wrong, too!;) :D

Vesicant
07-01-04, 12:10 AM
We awl got sumthin to b gud at , sum spel god ohters tipe well. Dis from has peeps wit nicee fellings and ah god attude. Me like it heer. :shhh:

tru504187211
07-01-04, 12:11 AM
to too two, their there they're. Captain Obvious to the rescue, but not nearly fast enough...

LacSeville
07-01-04, 12:56 AM
i got it elvis...i don't think you're a dummy :)

majax
07-01-04, 06:21 AM
whats more common is that people will not capitalize the letter I, when of course reffering to themselves.

caddyshack24
07-01-04, 07:23 AM
whats more common is that people will not capitalize the letter I, when of course reffering to themselves. "Whats most common, is that people do not capitalize the letter 'I', when of course reffering to themselves."

or, what I find most common.. would have been accepted, sorry, please play again. bwahah at "good feelings" & captian obvious

T_Dogg8
07-01-04, 08:56 AM
wow....grammer police. i'm in trouble now.:hide:

my problem is i type to fast and don't go back to reread things. and really, i figure it's a message board, as long as i get my point across, that's all i care about.

now, let the corrections begin.....fi you dare :rant2: :want:

majax
07-01-04, 03:51 PM
wow....grammer police. i'm in trouble now.:hide:

my problem is i type to fast and don't go back to reread things. and really, i figure it's a message board, as long as i get my point across, that's all i care about.

now, let the corrections begin.....fi you dare :rant2: :want:
:D I dare,

My problem is I type to fast and do not go back to reread things. Really, I figure since it is a message board, all I need to care about is getting my point across.

Now, let the corrections begin... if you dare.

T_Dogg8
07-01-04, 04:17 PM
:D I dare,

My problem is I type to fast and do not go back to reread things. Really, I figure since it is a message board, all I need to care about is getting my point across.

Now, let the corrections begin... if you dare.
not too bad. and really i did pretty good all things considered. however, you only have one space between "things." and "Really"

oh so close :)

Msilva954
07-01-04, 04:54 PM
Eye believe this is thy worst topic ever!
http://raceworx.com/imabandwidththief/badtopic.jpg

LacSeville
07-01-04, 04:57 PM
whats more common is that people will not capitalize the letter I, when of course reffering to themselves.

hahaha real funny (dammit, "very funny") i guess one just kinda gets into the habit of it?!