: Back in the market

Boostin'
01-23-09, 09:19 PM
Considered a new CTS-V last fall, but ended up ordering an AMG C63 instead. To make a long story short I'm again considering a CTS-V as my C63 deal just fell through when the local dealer went out of business yesterday, sign of the times I guess, but I'm now without a car again. So I stopped by to talk with the local Caddy dealer and spec'd out a fully loaded V, including slushbox. Total price came to just over Can$ 80,000, with the dealer then chopping $7,500 off that amount. Is that kind of discount common now? That was just their initial offer too, no haggling at all at this point, so there's probably some more room to move there yet. Good deal or not? TIA!

Razorecko
01-23-09, 09:31 PM
....thats overpriced...even with their "special" discount.

Boostin'
01-23-09, 09:51 PM
"Can$" = Canadian pricing ;) .

darjae
01-23-09, 09:54 PM
....thats overpriced...even with their "special" discount.

That is not overpriced. If you notice, he's quoting Canadian Dollars. With today's exchange rate $65,000 is 81,724 Canadian. Seems right in line. If you're actually paying 72500 Canadian, that is less than $58,000. For a properly equipped V, that is absolutely in the ball park and a good deal.

Boostin'
01-23-09, 10:02 PM
That is not overpriced. If you notice, he's quoting Canadian Dollars. With today's exchange rate $65,000 is 81,724 Canadian. Seems right in line. If you're actually paying 72500 Canadian, that is less than $58,000. For a properly equipped V, that is absolutely in the ball park and a good deal.

Thanks, with the automotive market changing so much these days, it's hard to figure what's a good price and what actual transaction prices buyers are seeing out there.

Razorecko
01-23-09, 10:02 PM
my mistake i missed that

RapidRob
01-23-09, 11:07 PM
Considered a new CTS-V last fall, but ended up ordering an AMG C63 instead. To make a long story short I'm again considering a CTS-V as my C63 deal just fell through when the local dealer went out of business yesterday, sign of the times I guess, but I'm now without a car again. So I stopped by to talk with the local Caddy dealer and spec'd out a fully loaded V, including slushbox. Total price came to just over Can$ 80,000, with the dealer then chopping $7,500 off that amount. Is that kind of discount common now? That was just their initial offer too, no haggling at all at this point, so there's probably some more room to move there yet. Good deal or not? TIA!

I'd jump at that deal if you haven't done so already - looks like a substantially better deal than "Jeepoo" got at the following link -

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/159542-first-v-vancouver.html

Rob

Albertan
01-24-09, 03:05 PM
I would think it is a very good price as well. When I was looking for a V1, I was quoted $73,000CDN. So it looks like us Canadians can buy the V2 for about the same price as a V1. (Note: I bought my V1 ex Ohio for $40K US in Dec 06)

GM-4-LIFE
01-24-09, 04:54 PM
Forget about the kraut mobile and get a real American Muscle sedan, the 2009 CTS-V!

The 2009 CTS-V is an amazing vehicle and no Mercedes will ever come close!

SG

BLACK_CTSV
01-24-09, 05:28 PM
The 2009 CTS-V is an amazing vehicle and no Mercedes will ever come close!

I love the new V, too - but, come on...

GM-4-LIFE
01-24-09, 05:35 PM
I love the new V, too - but, come on...

I am speaking from experience!

SG

JBsZ06
01-24-09, 11:32 PM
The little MB C63 is a cool vehicle and so is the M5 or Audi whatever but truth be told...

None compare to the new CTS V...

Is that too biased? probably but in my opinion the CTS V is the best out of all of the Uber sedans.

BLACK_CTSV
01-26-09, 05:27 PM
The little MB C63 is a cool vehicle and so is the M5 or Audi whatever but truth be told...

None compare to the new CTS V...

Is that too biased? probably but in my opinion the CTS V is the best out of all of the Uber sedans.

I would definitely take the V over the C63, as well. It's just that they make some cool TT V12's over there [if I had the means].

concorso
01-26-09, 06:26 PM
I am speaking from experience!

SG Im sure an SLR 722 might put up a fight on a track ;)...or CLK DTM...CLK Black Series is potent, too. SL65 will take a V in a straight line...

As far as Im concerned, the only area the C63 beats the V is in size. Smaller and lighter is always nice.

Jeepoo
01-26-09, 08:42 PM
Just took delivery of a new V in Vancouver. Total price was $ 80,365.00
all options incl Recaros and moon Roof. Awsome car.

Seattle CTS-V
01-26-09, 09:40 PM
I would definitely take the V over the C63, as well. It's just that they make some cool TT V12's over there [if I had the means].

You can pick up some nice TT V12 CL65's (2005-2006) for about $75-80k right now. Nothing wrong with having over 600hp and 700lbft of torque. They're about $180k new!!

BLACK_CTSV
01-30-09, 03:20 PM
You can pick up some nice TT V12 CL65's (2005-2006) for about $75-80k right now. Nothing wrong with having over 600hp and 700lbft of torque. They're about $180k new!!

I looked at a couple - they are nice cars. I'm worried about maintnence on them after the warranty expires. That could get $$$...

haterinc
01-30-09, 03:50 PM
or if you want the 4 door S65 bi turbo v12 here is a 2006 on ebay right now for $55k

go to ebay motors Item number: 380099641061

sharp car but out of warranty... scary maintenance costs haha TRUST me

Razorecko
01-30-09, 04:03 PM
I was looking at several high hp vehicles. The thing that swayed me was the stick - you can't get a high powered luxury vehicle with anything but automatic.

Boostin'
02-04-09, 05:28 AM
With the only MB dealer in a thousand miles just having gone tits-up, the last thing I want is a TT V12 and any "issues" it may develop ;) . Local Caddy dealer is still checking on allocation/availability - sucks living on the ass end of nowhere, stay tuned...

BLACK_CTSV
02-07-09, 02:24 AM
With the only MB dealer in a thousand miles just having gone tits-up, the last thing I want is a TT V12 and any "issues" it may develop ;) . Local Caddy dealer is still checking on allocation/availability - sucks living on the ass end of nowhere, stay tuned...

What part of the country?

vperl
02-07-09, 04:57 AM
GM has got restrucuring going and more dealers will be willing to deal, case in point a local dealer, just closed down they were a biggie caddy dealer for 40 or so years, they have many other stores running including BMW, think it was mentione they still have 10 dealerships...KUNI Cadillac, Bwaverton, OR

garfin
02-07-09, 06:20 PM
I went into one of our local dealers here in Toronto yesterday to see what would be involved in getting my mitts on a manual car. We went into the system and there are 11 CTS-Vs in Canada - all auto!
... so if I want a manual, I'll most likely need to order it. The cars that dealers have in stock all look to be loaded with a few things I wouldn't necessarily need - such as the nav system, polished wheels and of course, the slushbox.
Currently, GM Canada is allowing a $4500 "delivery allowance" on the car. Optioned out as I would order it (with sunroof, Recaros and the suede steering wheel, MSRP comes to CDN$75,935, incl. $1420 destination charge and the $100 A/C tax. Lop off the $4500 allowance and the list on the car is CDN $71,435. I called the dealer back to verify that the $4500 allowance was applicable to whatever price was negotiated. He said that an offer would be entertained.
Base cost on the car appears to be CDN$63,120 according to a printout I received from another dealer...
Now if this is correct, I can't see a reason for a dealer to throw away a quick in-and-out deal on an ordered unit if they're gonna make a profit of around $1500-$2000 on the car.
If an offer of CDN$68,000 were to be accepted, I think we could both be happy.
The only thing that I don't like is that the track package and diff cooler do not appear to be available in Canada. Can anyone confirm that these items are in fact currently available on U.S. spec vehicles?

Best regards,

Elie

ExtraV
02-07-09, 06:48 PM
I wouldn't mind have a "delivery allowance" here in the states. $4,500 is quiet a nice discount.

dvandentop
02-07-09, 07:51 PM
or if you want the 4 door S65 bi turbo v12 here is a 2006 on ebay right now for $55k

go to ebay motors Item number: 380099641061

sharp car but out of warranty... scary maintenance costs haha TRUST me

down to 49k now

vperl
02-07-09, 08:13 PM
The only thing that I don't like is that the track package and diff cooler do not appear to be available in Canada. Can anyone confirm that these items are in fact currently available on U.S. spec vehicles?

I asked the factory representative at the Portland, OR Auto show
Friday 6Feb09 the same question, as of now.... no, claimed they would be available much latter... also, some other information that this Representation, the factory type..... the slow down in production of the V series may, MAY be, said slowed down becausue eaton is not delivering all the superchargers they need.

This Factory Rep. did not seem concerned though , asked him why, he had no answer

garfin
02-08-09, 09:15 AM

I asked the factory representative at the Portland, OR Auto show
Friday 6Feb09 the same question, as of now.... no, claimed they would be available much latter... also, some other information that this Representation, the factory type..... the slow down in production of the V series may, MAY be, said slowed down becausue eaton is not delivering all the superchargers they need.

This Factory Rep. did not seem concerned though , asked him why, he had no answer

Thank you!

Best regards,

Elie