: Cadillac Service Department!

BUILDINGCTSAMG
06-18-03, 08:03 PM
Ok so i wanted to bounce this off the people here to see what the best thing to do is.
1. my cts has a bunch of water leaking into the third light panel (o.e. the reverse lights) last time i was at the cadillac dealership for regular service they said they couldnt take care of it because they were busy but that i could come back and have it done.
2. The back part of the passenger footwell is puddling with water from some leak somewhere (There is a tsb out about it),
3.My car is shaking itself silly on cold starts for the first 10 minuites of driving and its new cadillac cts!

So i called my regular guy at cadillac and he said the earliest he could get me was july 7th! This really torques me off! What should i do? Talk to his service manager? Take my warranty somewhere else? Help!?!?

BTW the place i bought the car and have had everything done is moore cadillac in virginia. But they have not really gone that extra mile to make me happy! They have been very slow calling m,e back 2-3 days...and most the time when i need service the only thing to do is just drive because no one in service ever picks up the phone!

elwesso
06-18-03, 09:07 PM
Take it somewhere else..... even if you have to drive a hour or so...... Tell them that this "other dealer" wont take care of you, and I bet they will really take care of you!

Elvis
06-19-03, 01:55 PM
Plan A: Send them a letter registered mail. Give them a deadline to respond. Copy the GM regional manager.

Plan B: Get a lawyer. They're obviously not taking you seriously. It will be fun to watch them squirm.

SmoothSeville
06-20-03, 08:57 AM
My caddillac is in for service right now. I had to get an appointment 3 weeks in advance at my dealership. Caddy's have sold very well lately but they still have the same old problems. Because of this, all the Caddy dealerships are really backed up.
You should raise hell and demand the service that they owe you.

catbert
06-20-03, 10:29 PM
I don't think Cadillac would take kindly to the attitude of the dealer - rat on em :mad:

elwesso
06-20-03, 10:30 PM
You never know..... cadillac may not give a rats arse either.........

catbert
06-22-03, 12:55 PM
You never know..... cadillac may not give a rats arse either.........

My dealer would rather fall on a sword than get :rolling: a bad follow-up questionaire from Cadillac. It costs them performance incentives at the end of the year - and their reputation.

BeelzeBob
06-22-03, 01:14 PM
What's the name of this dealer?

They're not treating you like a customer who bought a brand new Cadillac. This is wrong! Things like this cannot happen as it tarnishes the reputation of Cadillac itself..

Customer service is extremely important. Don't let this dealer ruin Cadillacs good name...

elwesso
06-22-03, 11:34 PM
Really...... this is 3/4 of cadillacs "bad name"..... The friggen dealers that dont care and do crappy service.......

Make this dealer do the job!!!!!! And if its not right, keep taking it back, and if they dont do it then, talk to the big wigs....... Who cares if they dont like you..... you arent there to be there friends!!! Your there to get the service you bought.......!!!!!!

catbert
06-23-03, 08:34 PM
Really...... this is 3/4 of cadillacs "bad name"..... The friggen dealers that dont care and do crappy service.......

Make this dealer do the job!!!!!! And if its not right, keep taking it back, and if they dont do it then, talk to the big wigs....... Who cares if they dont like you..... you arent there to be there friends!!! Your there to get the service you bought.......!!!!!!

What he said!!! :devillaug

Chuck C
06-23-03, 09:57 PM
have some brass balls and let us know how it goes! :devil:

elwesso
06-23-03, 11:38 PM
have some brass balls and let us know how it goes! :devil:
but if you do, dont go out while its really hot.... not good!!!

BUILDINGCTSAMG
06-24-03, 11:51 AM
but if you do, dont go out while its really hot.... not good!!!
Update
SO i finnaly got in touch with the salesperson who i bought the car from, and i mentioned that i bought a brand new cts and my family was even looking at the srx, but that i would not buy it from him because of the shitty service ive been getting. He understood and was verty appolegatic and explained to me what was going on in the service department....(Too many cars and too small of a service bay, there building one twice as big at the end of the summer and moving the auto body work to a new location becuase of so many slow service complaints) He got a service manager to call me back and she explained that leaks require one of the two certified people they have working there and that they are booked solid until july 7th but if that anything opens up shell call me.
Overall.....The sales person did calm my nerves a bit, but the fact remains that the service department as of right now sucks, but im gonna deal with it because of its convenience. I am not 100% happy but i seldom am when it comes to service, i baby my car and wash 3-4 times a week (mwf and sat) so i want someone who will try to take car of it with the same respect i gave it,

On a side note I called another dealer and left a message with the service manager, he passed my message along to a service guy who called me and left a message, i left him a message and havent been able to get in touch with him since.

On yet another side note, i also dont want to take it to a dealer this week anymore becuase my gfriend comes in on thursday and shes never seen my car ( ididnt have it in atlanta) so i want to be able to drive it and so forth and since im under 21 the rentals that my service plays provide, wont rent me a car even though i wont be paying for it anyway, what a screwed up world!

ultravorx
06-24-03, 01:53 PM
Well, I had a smiliar problem when i bought my 2002 Chevy Avalanche. THe dealer screwed up when they replaced my foglight for condensation and didnt properly seat the bulb. The bulb ending up melting the housing and filling up with water. I got a huge runaround about it and they finally said they would order a housing and replace it. When that day arrived, they never ordered the lamp, they thought they would clean out the hosuing, cause i just said it was filled with water! Once they saw it was melted they knew they were screwed. They called me saying the part never came in! But when i dropped off the truck they said" YOur here to have your foglight replaced, right?" SO obviously they were trying to burn me. I immediatly called corporate on them. After i was done with corporate, they called me back to ask "why i ratted on them" WTF, if you provided me with the service you said your were going to do, i wouldnt be complaining. They wouldnt even take a foglamp of another AV, even though it was 110% there fault! After that i had one final issue with them that i called GM about, and said to corporate i DO NOT want this dealer calling me up asking why i ratted them out.
I continued having major issue with the trucks that even other dealers couldnt/wouldnt fix, I had called the BBB on GM and the dealer, called my state attorney general, 3 news stations, and even talked to Bob Lutz. Along with about 5 certified letters to all these different agencies. Even the GM rep who was helping me with my case just ended up screwing me, thats when i called up ol' Bob up. He was supposed to find me another dealer to go to, after a dealer started an oil consumption test and delibertly overfilled the oil so it would balance out!!! The GM rep never contacted me after that. Then i was informed that GM was hiring there best laywers to fight me in BBB arbitration, I guess they figured my radar detector is casuing my electrical problems, my exhaust and intake are the cause of my piston slap, transmission clunk, and whine, and my rattleing windshield. I got sick and tired of it so i ended up trading in the truck and getting the STS.

But alas, I still had issue with my Caddy, I think after this car, i will try another brand of luxuary, maybe Lexus, of something similar. Gheese, recently i've been on a "I hate GM rage". :crying2:
Frank

p.s. I needed to let that out!

Liseckas
06-24-03, 07:41 PM
Can you blame this guy for being irate? Here's just another reason why people hate GM so much, my family included. With stories like this, it's making me think about cleaning out my garage of all my GM's, at least the newer ones. There are some things that I can't work on myself on the newer cars but I would never ever take any of them to the dealer for any repair work. I have a great local meckanick who can work on anything and he won't give me the BS the dealer would. "F" the GM dealers! I love my old GMs because I can work on them myself and I don't need the "F"-ing dealer for anything.
I finally like the new Cadillacs, but I doubt I will ever buy one.

Liseckas
06-24-03, 08:10 PM
Here's a group of angry people who got fed up with the crap they were getting from GM.
http://www.geocities.com/kaskillah/GMcars.jpg

elwesso
06-24-03, 11:04 PM
But overall, the cadillac dealers are pretty good...... not perfect, but we're all human.....

The key is to finding one that isnt normally busy (IE not in a big town), and they will most likely take care of you better.....

BUILDINGCTSAMG
07-07-03, 11:14 PM
I had another really piss poor experience with the same cadillac service department today and boy was i livid. I have too much work to say everything about it now but ill post tom!

BeelzeBob
07-08-03, 09:09 AM
Thank you - and sorry to hear about your bad experience - AGAIN. Please do tell us what happened when you find the time...

AirJigga25
07-08-03, 11:16 AM
Thank you - and sorry to hear about your bad experience - AGAIN. Please do tell us what happened when you find the time...

Yeah I used to get PISS POOR service too. I finally found a good service guy who worked at the dealership and I always call him directly to set up an appointment and get work done. I get good service now.

BUILDINGCTSAMG
07-08-03, 02:11 PM
Ok so here is my story (finnaly).
So i bit the bullet and waited the three weeks to take my car into service....The person who sold me the car (Cody Lyon) @ Moore Cadillac promised me better service and apologized saying that they were trying desperatly to update and change with the times and have twice as big of a service department.

So I pulled my car into the service bay....Oh wait i didnt because the *******s there hadnt moved an escalade from the front so i had to sit in my car for five minutes till they moved the car and i could pull in and not obstruct traffic. Anyway after i finnaly pulled the car in i found out that both the reps were busy. My rep was no where to be found....and i was pissed as hell. So i asked where he was and someone told me he was on vacation (which he didnt tell me when i made the appointment.....now if i made the appointment with him wouldnt it be common sense for him at the very least to tell me who to deal with while hes gone???) So i sat waiting for a service rep......for 20 minutes.

Well ill tell you what i lost it.....there was only two other cars in the service bay, how can they not move one car in 20 minutes. And one of the reps was chatting on the phone with a customer about their 4th of July!

So i stormed into the showroom and pulled Cody Lyon (The person who sold me the car) out of a meeting. He came out onto the floor and even with him getting the service manager it took 5 more minutes of waiting. Now i was livid and really let them have it. It was a good 20 minutes of shouting. On top of all they didnt even have the complete information about what was wrong with my car even though i told them at a minumim of five times over the phone.

Cody tried to calm me down and I told him to essentially shut up, he tried to pacify me once and i let him slide but this was absolutly the last time i would ever deal with them! I hate them so much!

The absolute worst was i said to cody how come when i bring my volkswagon into service i get treated better then hear, or when i go to the mercedes benz service department with my cadillac to pick up a part they treat me very well, or that when my brother goes to lexus the people actually know his name and will put two people on a car if hes in a hurry. Why am i only getting shitty service here??
His response....well its know better at any other cadillac dealer in the area! I am so upset? Whos the cadillac person to call for dc? These guys piss me off!

BeelzeBob
07-09-03, 07:20 AM
They certainly are making Cadillac look bad. THIS (?!) is America's top luxury car company?

Allante North *
07-09-03, 05:45 PM
Man, do I feel for you guy's! I must be lucky because I have a great GM Dealer here in my backyard. They sell and service Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Chrysler, and Dodge vehicles. I have never had a problem with them nor have I heard any complaints about them. I stop to BS with their Northstar Expert from time to time, and he is more than willing to share info with me about current models. When I told him that I was interested in getting a new CTS for my wife, he advised me not to. He said that they are having to buy back the CTS as fast as they sell them due to some electrcal problems. I sure hated to hear that because I really had my heart set on getting her one. I guess we will have to wait for the CTSv. The service guy also advised me to steer clear of the Envoy and Trailblazer as they have problems with them as well. I plan to purchase a new 4X4 in the next year and he said they are just fine and problems are rare.

Good Luck with your GM Dealers and I hope you get what you want out of them.

elwesso
07-10-03, 12:48 AM
Well, some got it, and some dont.... :D

Liseckas
07-10-03, 12:22 PM
Man, do I feel for you guy's! I must be lucky because I have a great GM Dealer here in my backyard. They sell and service Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Chrysler, and Dodge vehicles. I have never had a problem with them nor have I heard any complaints about them. I stop to BS with their Northstar Expert from time to time, and he is more than willing to share info with me about current models. When I told him that I was interested in getting a new CTS for my wife, he advised me not to. He said that they are having to buy back the CTS as fast as they sell them due to some electrcal problems. I sure hated to hear that because I really had my heart set on getting her one. I guess we will have to wait for the CTSv. The service guy also advised me to steer clear of the Envoy and Trailblazer as they have problems with them as well. I plan to purchase a new 4X4 in the next year and he said they are just fine and problems are rare.

Good Luck with your GM Dealers and I hope you get what you want out of them.
I will be a little off the subject here, but wasn't the Envoy and Trailblazer supposed to be an improvement over the S10's? The S10 is a big POS. Good Grief! Can't GM do anything right anymore? The amount of time and money GM puts in their R&D should amount to getting a product that works. I guess a significant amount of that price you pay is for their crappy R&D. New cars cost a lot money, you should expect a reliable product for all that money. I don't blame anyone for buying an import, you usually get a better product and you usually get better treatment at the service departments.

SLS97
07-11-03, 08:56 PM
Wow! My GM dealers are just great. I haven't a complaint. My Cadillac dealer sells Cadillac, BMW, Mercedes and Chrysler Jeep. My Impala and Dodge were bought and serviced by their respective dealer. I'm surprised that some people have such a bad time with their dealers. Hope things get better for you.

steelerfan
07-14-03, 09:28 PM
A lot of it really depends on dealership. I am now on my third car from Pontiac/Cadillac dealer in Sacramento. I keep going back to them due to thier excellent service department. The first car I bought from them was a 93 Bonevilles SLE in 1993 with 6K miles. The car was a lemon return to them that they took from one of thier better customers to keep him happy ( car supposedly always pulled to right). For the life of me I never could find a problem with the car in years for that problem, but all other issues they fixed quick and with never an issue. Even after warranty expired they fixed some minor trim issues for me on the car when I had it in for normal service warranty. MY next cars from them were a 98Montana, and they took fantastic care of me, but when I went to pontiac dealer closer to home I didn't have same service. So I returned to Roseville dealer and bought my 2000 Caddy, Even after the warranty expired and I had problem with Crank sensor at 52,000 miles they took it and fixed it with now warranty. Moral of the story, if you find a good dealer and service department, it pays to stick with them.

Currently I have two other cars, a Toyota Sienna and a Chrsler Sebring Convertible. And I have not been happy with either one of the service departments for these cars.

elwesso
07-14-03, 11:54 PM
I agree totally, even if it means driving long distances!!!!

Liseckas
07-22-03, 06:31 PM
I agree totally, even if it means driving long distances!!!!
Not to sound like a jerk, but how would you drive a long distance if your car has some serious problems? I guess then you need to hire a tow truck ($$$) and then get someone or a taxi (more $$$) to give you a ride home and back.
I think the best thing is to ask the people waiting at the dealer how they feel about the service before leaving your car at any particular service department or even before buying a car from that dealer.

elwesso
07-22-03, 10:06 PM
If you have major problems, sure you would want to take it to the closest people, and at least get it road-worthy, and then you can work out all the minor things later......

But the dealers can really rip people off by replacing stuff that doesnt need it...... And by just having crappy service...... That being said it could actually cost LESS to drive farther away if they only do what is necessary.....

Liseckas
07-22-03, 10:24 PM
Good Point! I would agree with that but with my luck I'd probably get ripped off even worse after going through all the effort of going the distance to save a buck.

BUILDINGCTSAMG
07-23-03, 01:00 AM
or u can just get piss poor service

AirJigga25
07-24-03, 04:55 PM
or u can just get piss poor service

Here is the 2003 JD ratings for Customer Service Caddy is #6. Notice how Infiniti is #1 **El Wesso overjoyed with glee and pleasure, jumping up and down** and nissan is almost last ???
But I think it depends on the dealer regardless so...

elwesso
07-24-03, 07:38 PM
:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

steelerfan
08-15-03, 01:21 PM
Well I had a problem with Caddy I bought 5 months ago. New tires all torn up due to alignment issues. Tires were brand new when I bought the car and couldn't tell it had the issue. Car was not certified and warranty expired. There limited warranty was 30 days, so they had no commitment to me. But Roseville Ca pontiac/Cadillac dealer again showed me why I but my cars from them. They worked with me and split the cost of the new tires rather then telling me it was not thier problem. Their service department missed the alignment issue since the tires on the car were new when former owner traded in car.

Just proves to me again that dealer is the difference. As a comparision with my Toyota Van. I just had it in for alternator issue, I won't go into details but they still haven't fixed it correctly. But when I picked it up while waiting for final TSB solution and brought it home my electric door no longer worked. Somehow during thier work on alternator they damaged the control circuit to door. They didn't even bother to check out all electrical items on car after working on battery and alternator. So I go back to get door fixed, dealer tells me it will take only 15 minutes since this is just a reset. well 1 hour goes by, I have to looking for service writer to find my car, thats when I found out the door had electrical problem beyond reset. Due to this I was late for work and skipped the free shuttle that would have got me to my meeting on time. Sorry I said I wouldn't go into details.

Hopefully in next month or so they will have permanent alternator fix for the TSB. Car discharges battery when both front and rear a/C is on high with lights at night.

ultravorx
08-15-03, 02:03 PM
Whats really messed up is saturn is a sub of GM, since caddy is also a sub of GM and their supposed to be #1, why the heck is saturn up there and not caddy. Sounds like GM doesnt have their priority strainght. Again i quote from another member " Lutz is a puts"
Frank

MMNineInchNails
08-15-03, 02:25 PM
Whats really messed up is saturn is a sub of GM, since caddy is also a sub of GM and their supposed to be #1, why the heck is saturn up there and not caddy. Sounds like GM doesnt have their priority strainght. Again i quote from another member " Lutz is a puts"
Frank

It's because one, more people buy cadillacs so there are more numbers to average in. and two, saturns suck ass so they want to help them best so they don't loose their few customers who already hate their car because they have to floor it on the freeway on ramp ot get up to 30.

BUILDINGCTSAMG
08-15-03, 05:11 PM
I dunno the real figures but i would say way more people buy saturns

elwesso
08-15-03, 11:18 PM
Their cars are ass, but at least they dont get treated like ass......