: '93 fleetwood power antenna problem

megatron
01-22-09, 07:51 PM
I have a '93 fleetwood brougham and I'm having an issue with my power antenna,it won't go down its stuck up. I checked and the fuse is good I ca hear the motor working but the antenna won't go down when I turn the car off/radio off. The motor just kept going I had to unplug it to get it to stop,is my motor bad?

If so where can I get a replacement from and is it difficult to install? Also is there any chance this could be a problem with the antenna itself and not the motor?

jayoldschool
01-22-09, 08:22 PM
You have a very common problem. The cable that attaches to the mast is broken. When this happens, the motor will keep running until you unplug it, pull the fuse, or the motor burns out. In my project thread, I have photos on how to change a power antenna. However, I believe yours is in the trunk (so it will be a lot easier). You can't get the mast repair kit anymore, so you need to replace the whole unit. You can get universal replacement units, but I have read about mounting differences, and you will have to splice the wiring. I would suggest replacing yours with a good used one.

EMB1230
01-22-09, 11:58 PM
Oh yeah, extremely common and not just on GM's but pretty much ANY car make or model with a power antenna.

96Fleetwood
01-23-09, 08:03 AM
There is a guy on eBay who rebuilds them too, he also sells rebuilt units. I bought one for a Roadmaster sedan I had, just make sure not to destroy the bezel during removal/install.

megatron
01-23-09, 06:39 PM
96fleetwood what this benzel you speak of? and how do I remove it with out breaking it? thanks

delzy
01-24-09, 09:53 PM
I have a spare from a car I just parted that I'll ship you for $25.

ShadowLvr400
01-25-09, 08:35 AM
Damn, I have the same problem on a 96 Fleetwood, though my extreme budget solution has been pull it to fully up, and put a couple pieces of duct tape on. I also used the power supply to splice juice to a 10 disc changer in the trunk.

kjhansen
02-10-09, 03:45 PM
I have a spare from a car I just parted that I'll ship you for $25.

If you still have this spare power antenna for $25 I'll take it if you think it will fit my 95 SLS. I think they're interchangeable. Trunk mount.

Keith