: Report 2009 CTS-V Problems Here.

lawfive
01-22-09, 10:42 AM
No, I'm not trolling. I'm thinking of buying a CTS-V next year and I'm hoping to learn from you early buyers. Any first year fit/finish issues, mechanical problems, electrical troubles, etc? Any design issues?

wait4me
01-22-09, 10:58 AM
so far these are the best caddys i have ever owned.

The Tony Show
01-22-09, 10:59 AM
There isn't one in my garage.

So far, that's the only problem I have with the 09 CTS-V.

MionJaCon
01-22-09, 11:42 AM
Other than my stabilitrak service indicator coming on every now and then the only real problem I have is that my Navigation won't download directions to destination points from OnStar. Brought it to a dealership and they weren't sure what was wrong. They said I should wait for a firmware update... Anyone else have this problem?

lawfive
01-22-09, 01:04 PM

Me too. Coinkydink.

jasaero
01-22-09, 01:35 PM

I second this issue! It's a major problem! The fit, finish, design, and various other aspects are making me desire the car far to much at a time when I simply can't afford it! This has to be the single biggest issue with the V!

I actually think Lawfive is struggling with this same issue and grasping at straws now for a reason not to just go out and get one tonight!

GM-4-LIFE
01-22-09, 01:41 PM
I have a little over 300 miles on mine and so far the only thing I plan on taking it into service for is the front end alignment. I just want it checked out. It seems a bit off, but before I take it in, I will get at least 500-1,000 miles on it to see if it levels out. GM advises to wait at least 500 miles of driving before having the alignment checked out.

I still can't believe GM made a bad ass car like the 2009 CTS-V! Out of the 25+ GM vehicles I have owned since 2000, this is by far the best GM vehicle I have ever owned. I am keeping this car for years and years to come!

If all of GM's cars, trucks and SUVs had this much attention paid to them, GM would NEVER be in trouble because they wouldn't be able to build vehicles fast enough to meet public demand.

SG

wait4me
01-22-09, 01:46 PM
Areo, make sure you get it fixed before the 500 miles. I had 600 miles on my v1 and my alignment was really far off, they kept telling me to wait, then when i finally went in, they told me it wasnt under a warrenty anymore because i passed some mile limit.. I was pissed. So i had to pay them $140 to align it, then they scratched chunks out of the paint on each rim where they attached the sensors to it, THEN the alignment was worse that before!!! It took 3 times for them to get it right.. What a mess.

Ended up with 4 ruined rims they wont replace, and pay for something that was wrong from the begining..

caddiedrummer
01-22-09, 01:54 PM
I just passed 2000 miles and the fit, finish etc is at least as good as my M5 and the ergonomics are better. I have had an STS, XLR and XLR-V and this is the best fit/finish out of the factory yet.

My Viper tech just changed the oil and he was marveling at how the car was put together while he had it on the rack.

My only 1/2 gripe was having to go out and buy Pirelli Winter tires because the PS2s were lousy in cold. (and Michelin told me to take them off)

Cadillac Tony
01-22-09, 01:58 PM
Areo, make sure you get it fixed before the 500 miles. I had 600 miles on my v1 and my alignment was really far off, they kept telling me to wait, then when i finally went in, they told me it wasnt under a warrenty anymore because i passed some mile limit..

That's a total hose job- adjustments such as tire balance and alignment are covered for the first 12 months or 12,000 miles.

It is true that GM asks us not to balance tires before 500 miles, since the issue often works itself out as the tire gets broken in, seated on the bead and flat spots from shipping get worked out.

GM-4-LIFE
01-22-09, 02:14 PM
Areo, make sure you get it fixed before the 500 miles. I had 600 miles on my v1 and my alignment was really far off, they kept telling me to wait, then when i finally went in, they told me it wasnt under a warrenty anymore because i passed some mile limit.. I was pissed. So i had to pay them $140 to align it, then they scratched chunks out of the paint on each rim where they attached the sensors to it, THEN the alignment was worse that before!!! It took 3 times for them to get it right.. What a mess.

Ended up with 4 ruined rims they wont replace, and pay for something that was wrong from the begining..

According to GM, 12,000 miles or 1 year is the limit for alignments. I am nowhere near that!

SG

Kadonny
01-22-09, 03:32 PM
My only problem is that it is too snowy and cold here to drive it! Damn GM for this winter release of the car.

chris1268
01-22-09, 03:34 PM
My only problem is that it is too snowy and cold here to drive it! Damn GM for this winter release of the car.

I agree - the release of this vehicle could not have been at a worse time for those of us up North :rant2:

bergstpg
01-22-09, 03:38 PM
I hate to break up the party - but not all the V2s are flawless. Don't take me wrong - I love it when it is out of the shop.

You can track the issues I have had on the following post:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/158633-v2-throttle-control-problem.html

I just dropped it off again today to see if they can the issue. In a nutshell, under 300 miles, I have had the check engine light come on and some sort of issue related to the activation of the traction control.

The check engine light was related to miss-fires and they replaced the spart plugs and that seems to have fixed it. The traction control issue is still pending.:annoyed:

GM-4-LIFE
01-22-09, 04:17 PM
I hate to break up the party - but not all the V2s are flawless. Don't take me wrong - I love it when it is out of the shop.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/158633-v2-throttle-control-problem.html

I just dropped it off again today to see if they can the issue. In a nutshell, under 300 miles, I have had the check engine light come on and some sort of issue related to the activation of the traction control.

The check engine light was related to miss-fires and they replaced the spart plugs and that seems to have fixed it. The traction control issue is still pending.:annoyed:

Do what I did and file a claim with Cadillac customer assistance center. I did that with our 2009 Escalade when it had very low mileage and problems since the day we took delivery and after a couple months after I filed my claim, GM replaced our problem 2009 Escalade with a brand new 2009 Escalade.

Try that and push for a vehicle replacement. I did that and consulted an attorney and when GM found out that I was in talks with a lawyer, they backed down real quick and gave me exactly what I wanted.

If your issue is safety related like mine was, GM takes that very seriously and make sure the servicing dealership is backing you up against GM and that will make your case go much quicker and way easier.

PM me if you need any help or suggestions.

SG

Cadillac Tony
01-22-09, 04:32 PM

Hmmmm......

Both these issues sound an awful lot like the software gremlin identified early in production after a few units left the factory. If it's possible to speak with the Zone Manager or Engineering, ask them to check with HPVO and find out if your car was programmed with the updated calibration for fuel pressure reduction cycle before it left the factory. Based on my knowledge of the update, the older software might cause both a surge and misfire when you combine winter gas mixtures, cold temperatures and low speed, part throttle driving.

Disclaimer: I am neither an official representative of Cadillac nor an engineer- this is simply my guess and may not be worth the time it took to type it.

bergstpg
01-22-09, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the idea. I mentioned it to representive that is following up with my vehicle.

Their latest thought is that it is affected by increased size of the snow tires. My other post has the size of the tires installed. Really??!!! We are not talking about much of a change. Blah. Still waiting for the final verdict.

james4513
01-22-09, 06:41 PM
2,000 miles. So far no issues. Seems to be of the same quality level as my Porsche 997S, which is - until now - the best quality car I've owned (and I've owned a lot of them). And the V's a lot faster. I remained impressed...

nc09v2
01-22-09, 08:34 PM
Add another that was delivered out of alignment. I took mine in today, as the wheel was off center, it wandered at low speeds, and it did not change 1 iota in 350 miles from delivery. The tech told me that it was pretty far off. He set castor/camber/toe carefully, it now tracks and drives perfectly. Not a scratch or scuff to be seen either from the alignment work, excellent dealer service.

Overall fit and finish is very good; my E550 Benz is maybe a little better here and there, but the V has high quality materials inside and out. Best GM product quality I have owned by a wide margin.

My only gripe is that GM continues to use a kind of "soft" paint formula that is easily scratched or swirled, exact same paint as my C5 Vettes had. It is easy to polish and buff out swirls etc, but the paint on my Benz, and even the wife's Honda Odyssey for that matter, is much tougher and scratch resistant.

I am liking the V more and more, can't wait to get up to 500 miles to start really opening it up.

vmaniac
01-22-09, 08:41 PM
700 miles not one problem. Can't wait for warmer weather and no salt on the roads.

dvandentop
01-22-09, 09:51 PM

+1 :lildevil:

darjae
01-22-09, 10:55 PM
I know there are a few on the forum who have had problems, but I've got 1500 miles and not 1 issue. I am in love with this car....

GMX322V S/C
01-23-09, 02:00 AM
1200 miles, had very slight pull to the right when over 80 MPH + wheel slightly off-center to the left; took it in to the dealer and they made adjustments on all 4 corners--they also took care of some minor scratches in the Chromaflair in one small area. Lately I've be noticing a minor interior squeak at freeway speeds over certain surfaces that I haven't isolated yet. Minor surge when bone cold (with the oxy gas we get in Cali I'm not surprised). None of this affects how much I love this car. When people ask me "how's the car?" I always say the same thing: It f**kin' rocks!

GM-4-LIFE
01-23-09, 02:37 PM
1200 miles, had very slight pull to the right when over 80 MPH + wheel slightly off-center to the left; took it in to the dealer and they made adjustments on all 4 corners--they also took care of some minor scratches in the Chromaflair in one small area. Lately I've be noticing a minor interior squeak at freeway speeds over certain surfaces that I haven't isolated yet. Minor surge when bone cold (with the oxy gas we get in Cali I'm not surprised). None of this affects how much I love this car. When people ask me "how's the car?" I always say the same thing: It f**kin' rocks!

You are awesome bro! Let's get together here in L.A.! There isn't a car on the road that comes close to the 2009 CTS-V!

SG

Krug Ford
01-23-09, 03:17 PM
Knock on wood.. I have not had any customers have any problems. I hope it stays this way.

GMX322V S/C
01-24-09, 12:23 AM
You are awesome bro! Let's get together here in L.A.! There isn't a car on the road that comes close to the 2009 CTS-V!

SGSounds like fun! Maybe a bunch of us could go visit the "Dr." Whadaya say Doc? :lildevil:

Heavychevy1
01-24-09, 04:18 AM
My only gripe is that GM continues to use a kind of "soft" paint formula that is easily scratched or swirled, exact same paint as my C5 Vettes had. It is easy to polish and buff out swirls etc, but the paint on my Benz, and even the wife's Honda Odyssey for that matter, is much tougher and scratch resistant.

I am liking the V more and more, can't wait to get up to 500 miles to start really opening it up.

C5 paint easy to buff???? :want:

From what I've heard and experienced the C5 paint is the hardest ever to detail.

GM-4-LIFE
01-24-09, 10:45 AM
Sounds like fun! Maybe a bunch of us could go visit the "Dr." Whadaya say Doc? :lildevil:

Come on down! Just sent you a PM!

SG

irvvvine
01-24-09, 09:59 PM
My first post, although not yet a Caddy owner ---

After lurking in this forum for the last month while I searched out for the right color, equip, and price for my CTS-V, I went to dealer today to sign papers and take delivery. Arrived at 10:30 this morning and my car was detailed and ready to go in the driveway, with a "sold" sign in the window and my name on it. Wow, talk about excited.

Of course, I had to go for a test drive. So we it took it on the regular route for a few miles around the dealer's neighborhood, not pushing it at all, just making sure that the car felt right. Got back to the dealer, parked the car, and on exiting the car, we notice steam coming out from under the hood and it had a smell. We popped the hood and started it up again, and coolant starts spraying up (from the belts) and running down the driveway from under the vehicle.

Well, not much more to this story. Dealer's service dept. was closed on Saturday, so there wasn't much more we could do. Funny reaction, though, from the sales rep - still wanted me to sign the paperwork and put down some money. Yeah, sure.

I have cold feet right now. I'm moderately superstitious and think maybe there's a message there for me. However, I really like how the V-2 presents and satisfies the right foot. I scouted every SoCal dealer's website for inventory, finally found the right car, after weeks of haggling on the phone and by emails, I finally got the right price, and now this. I'm feeling pretty frustrated at this point.

neuronbob
01-24-09, 11:11 PM
Tracking this thread. Will likely be buying later this year so that the early gremlins are ironed out by the time I purchase.

Razorecko
01-25-09, 09:14 PM
any of you dealers know about any additional options popping up in the 2010's ? like HUD ? or backup camera ?

lawfive
01-26-09, 11:38 AM
When I switched to the V1 the thing I missed most was a HUD. I'm over it now, but if they decided to put one in the V2 I sure wouldn't complain. Don't expect it to happen, though, especially given GM's current situation.

irvvvine
01-27-09, 10:14 AM
My first post, although not yet a Caddy owner ---

Of course, I had to go for a test drive. So we it took it on the regular route for a few miles around the dealer's neighborhood, not pushing it at all, just making sure that the car felt right. Got back to the dealer, parked the car, and on exiting the car, we notice steam coming out from under the hood and it had a smell. We popped the hood and started it up again, and coolant starts spraying up (from the belts) and running down the driveway from under the vehicle.

Follow up Report:

Dealer called to say that the lower radiator hose was installed improperly and was rubbing against the a/c belt. They replaced with a hose they took off the other CTS-V in stock.

Now the question - is this a one time problem with this car or the start of a chain of events.:bigroll:

tbisme
01-27-09, 11:35 AM
I've got approx 4500 miles on my 09 V, and the only issue I've had is an intermittent rattle coming from the rear quarter panel on the passenger side of the car, right underneath the "Air Bag" stamp. When it starts making noise, it is loud enough to be heard over the radio.

jianco
01-30-09, 12:24 AM
Only 300 miles on mine, but it is simply the best automotive bargain on the planet. A four door ZR-1 for 65k? Come on. For just a little bit more money this car can be made to eat ZR-1's.......and EVERYTHING else on the road, and you can carry your friends and family while you do it. THe technology in the car keep surprising me with new delights.
Of course, we do not want our ZR-1 friends to mod their cars, cause then they will roast us. But it sure is fun taking my office associates out for a quiet lunch, and then doing a powerslide around and on-ramp at 70 mph while they scream in terror.... then merging into highway traffic at 110mph, and hitting the brakes to ease down to 70mph in 100 feet... just like it was just another day at the office for the CTS Beast. This car is BEGGING to be driven hard.

darjae
01-30-09, 12:27 AM
Only 300 miles on mine, but it is simply the best automotive bargain on the planet. A four door ZR-1 for 65k?

I agree. I like to tell my buddies who drive Z06s that It takes them 5 trips to scare 10 people and it only takes me 2 :)

tedcmiller
01-30-09, 02:15 PM
I have a 2009 CTS-V and have had no problems at all. Some of the programming items don't work as described in the owner's manual but that has already been mentioned in this forum.

JFJr
01-30-09, 03:49 PM
Over 2,000 miles and the only problem was a faulty tire pressure monitor in one wheel that was corrected in an hour. My overall impression is still WOW! The car generates a lot more compliments and interest than any of my 6 previous Corvettes and 2005 CTS-V.

fleadh
01-30-09, 11:48 PM
4500 miles on mine.

the biggest issue i've had so far is the radio controls sometimes failing... it'll let me switch between audio/nav/etc if i hit the buttons under the screen on the dash, but none of the buttons on the touch screen work (although they do light up, it just doesn't effect anything). it's happened twice so far, only thing that fixed it was to shut the car off and turn it back on.

the dash and sunroof are starting to creek, pop, and groan when going in/out of driveways and stuff.

the panels/upholstery on the driver side door/arm-rest seem to be coming loose.

the front brakes dust like crazy.

it has a pretty lumpy idle for a $70k cadillac. i'd heard they used a super mild cam on these cars, but man.. at a stop light it feels like im sitting in an old 'cuda.

i'm still not a fan of the transmission (refer to previous post from me after i got home from my road trip) or the streering wheel. i also think the touring mode suspension is too stiff. good thing it has so much power... :D

-mike

homesite
01-31-09, 05:59 AM
My down paddle shifter does not work and the car has 100 miles.

neuronbob
03-05-09, 02:06 AM
Any updates? Still doing due diligence prior to potential purchase. So far all seems relatively good--not a surprise given this is the second model year for the 2G CTS overall and even though this is the first for the 2G CTS-V.

TaVern
03-05-09, 05:13 AM
These are easy fixes. All of which are covered under warranty.

Go visit your friendly neighborhood Cadillac dealership today! </television spokesperson voice>

noelvm
03-05-09, 08:55 AM
As I stated a long time ago, there is no reason for a car with this much horse power to have a six speed transmission in the auto trans. I've tried to launch in manual but if you make the 1-2 shift you will miss the 2-3 shift because you can't keep up with it. It's best to launch in drive and use the maual feature for 3-6 on the road to play with. In drive when you floor it at like 50 it down shifts and then it's like an afterburner kicks in and you leap forward. At less than 50 you're going to probably spin the tires so be prepared for it.

My best top so far is 170. Too much traffic. You need to be carful trying the topend because the difference between you at 170 and someone else at 70 is 100 mph and things can go to hell very quickly. I look for openings where there is no one in any lane. Doesn't happen very often around here. Oh, it doesn't take very long to get to 170. :D

I came out of a 08 CTS. Every car has a feel where you can guess how fast you're going. The CTS feel was 85. The same feel on the V is 110. I keep looking down and realize that I'm going 110 instead of 85.

Only try to floor this car when you have it aimed straight ahead. :D

noelvm

neuronbob
03-05-09, 10:49 AM
^^^^^

Not the sort of "problem" I was looking for, but DAMM that sounds fun. :D :D I know I'd be grinning from ear to ear doing that.

Krug Ford
03-05-09, 02:02 PM
I have not had any problems with any as of yet... Hope it keeps up..

Vlakaz
03-05-09, 06:05 PM
No, I'm not trolling. I'm thinking of buying a CTS-V next year and I'm hoping to learn from you early buyers. Any first year fit/finish issues, mechanical problems, electrical troubles, etc? Any design issues?

As with any new car there will always be some issues, waiting for 2010 won't change that. The only thing that might change is availability. This vehicle might not be sold in 2010 the way things are going at GM.

Infact, that would be the one issue to consider. I currently have my deposit down on a 09V, the car is actually at the dealership all locked up and waiting for me to pick it up. They have agreed to hold the car for me until next month. Until then I can walk away from the deal if GM announces something that affects warranty. Really that is the only concern I have. I am not in a financial situation where I can risk driving this car without warranty coverage.
The car is fantasic, test drove one last week, but if GM announces some very bad news on March 31st to Congress, then I might have to move to a different car.

Other then the companies financial situation and questionable future, the car is incredible.

2K9 CTS-V
03-08-09, 07:25 PM
I had a faulty shift module replaced. I suspect it was bad from the factory, although I never tried manually shifting my automatic with the stick (paddles too cool). It would upshift fine, but not downshift without incredible (the kind you know is not good) force. They swapped it out and viola!

Other than that, I noticed a slightly larger gap where the hood meets the bumper on the passenger side. The rest of the hood lines up well with the fender, so I suspect the bumpre facia may be about 1/8" low. I tend to notice stuff like that and it drives me nuts. When it warms up a bit, I'll have to see what can be done.

I also can hear the sub-woofer cover rattle when just the right bass note is carried. I'll figure that one out as well soon.

All in all, very minor things (except the shifter) most folks would not notice. I am pleasantly surprised in the General's effort!

//ZZ//
03-14-09, 09:37 PM
One design issue I do not like much is the windshield washer jets on the hood and not in the wipers. They leave post-ejaculate washer splooge on my hood at the end of each spray. I also think it would look nicer if they had been incorporated into the wiper or behind the hood cowl.

edsuski
03-16-09, 01:19 AM
Someone else in another thread mentioned that they too had a radio issue that turns the radio on at start up even if it was turned off before the car was turned on. I am experiencing this and before taking the car in to have the starter cable routing checked under a TSB and the oil changed (less then 3K miles) I asked the service technician to check with technical support and get the needed disk to flash the firmware to fix the radio (other poster mentioned that tech. support had sent the disk). They thought they had received the disk but claimed that the part number was incorrect and needed to re-order it. Unfortunately, now the radio not only comes on at start-up, but I have to turn it off a total of three times to keep it off. Looks like whatever they used to flash it just aggravated the problem.

Anyone know of "the fix" or should I just have the latest firmware flashed back into the radio? Were some cars given different versions of firmware than others?

Ed

Z06ified
03-18-09, 03:00 PM
Infact, that would be the one issue to consider. I currently have my deposit down on a 09V, the car is actually at the dealership all locked up and waiting for me to pick it up. They have agreed to hold the car for me until next month. Until then I can walk away from the deal if GM announces something that affects warranty. Really that is the only concern I have. I am not in a financial situation where I can risk driving this car without warranty coverage.
The car is fantasic, test drove one last week, but if GM announces some very bad news on March 31st to Congress, then I might have to move to a different car.

Vlakaz - your concerns about GM honoring the warranty aren't warranted! Seriously, if GM files for bankruptcy protection, it will be under Ch. 11 to reorganize, not Ch. 7 to liquidate. Specifically, they would use bankruptcy protection to give the UAW the shaft with their contracts, and get out of a few high cost debt deals. They would NOT touch the warranty policy to consumers. They don't need to, and they know it would be detrimental to sales if they did.

It's similar to when an airline files for Ch. 11 bankruptcy protection and reorganizes - in every case I can think of, customer's frequent flier miles were kept intact through the bankruptcy process. Of course if they file Ch.7 and liquidate, they're gone with your miles, but that's not the situation we're talking about here.

So quit listening to the stupid media, and go buy the V - the warranty will be fine. I know, I finance companies in bankruptcy for a living.

cmicasa
03-18-09, 06:24 PM
Exactly... and not to mention that if GM were pushed into BK the Obama Admin has already said that they would implement a backing of those warranties.

I'm on the fence as to whether GM should go Chapt 11 or not.. if they can get the last of the necessary concessions from the Unions... they would be foolish to do so.. especially when.. for all intents... they have already gotten about 85% of what any company would get in Chapt 11 without having to file at all

Vlakaz
03-18-09, 06:52 PM
Vlakaz - your concerns about GM honoring the warranty aren't warranted! Seriously, if GM files for bankruptcy protection, it will be under Ch. 11 to reorganize, not Ch. 7 to liquidate. Specifically, they would use bankruptcy protection to give the UAW the shaft with their contracts, and get out of a few high cost debt deals. They would NOT touch the warranty policy to consumers. They don't need to, and they know it would be detrimental to sales if they did.

It's similar to when an airline files for Ch. 11 bankruptcy protection and reorganizes - in every case I can think of, customer's frequent flier miles were kept intact through the bankruptcy process. Of course if they file Ch.7 and liquidate, they're gone with your miles, but that's not the situation we're talking about here.

So quit listening to the stupid media, and go buy the V - the warranty will be fine. I know, I finance companies in bankruptcy for a living.

I've already put down the deposit on the V and the dealer is holding it for me. I hope you are right and warranty works out, I am not mechanically inclined like alot of the great people on this forum so I really need this car to be under warranty for the full 7yrs that I have added.

I was close to pulling the trigger on another vehicle but decided on the V parlty becuase it is unique, partly because I really like our STSv, and finally because deep down I want to do my small part to reward GM for starting to put out some great products.

I hope GM comes up with some good news on thier March 31st deadline.

Hawkeye2
03-18-09, 07:44 PM
My problem is I don't have mine yet!!!

jwa999
03-19-09, 05:41 PM
Had an issue with the rear doors not always closing easily. You would have to slam them a little bit. At my first oil change, the dealer fixed it, both close very easily now.
No rattles, only a few squeaks when first out of the drive way. I'm going to investigate the clicking sounds coming from the wheels when doing sharp turns. I hear clicking when backing out of a curved back alley turning left. Also hear it during fast sharp left turn. I hope it's just the wheel touching the wheel well. Come to thing of it, the noise seems to only come out of the right front wheel.

RapidRob
03-19-09, 06:29 PM
Had an issue with the rear doors not always closing easily. You would have to slam them a little bit. At my first oil change, the dealer fixed it, both close very easily now.
No rattles, only a few squeaks when first out of the drive way. I'm going to investigate the clicking sounds coming from the wheels when doing sharp turns. I hear clicking when backing out of a curved back alley turning left. Also hear it during fast sharp left turn. I hope it's just the wheel touching the wheel well. Come to thing of it, the noise seems to only come out of the right front wheel.

Have you read the post(s) at he following link?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/164409-chattering-clicking-sound-coming-front-end.html

May apply to the symptoms you described ...

Rob

Z06ified
03-20-09, 11:05 AM
I hope GM comes up with some good news on thier March 31st deadline.

So you didn't listen to a word I said...

You're very lucky to have a dealer crazy enough to hold a new CTS-V for you for a month with a simple deposit. I find that hard to believe considering he could easily sell the car to someone else, and he's having to floorplan that car while you wait to make up your mind. :cookoo:

vperl
03-20-09, 10:19 PM
So you didn't listen to a word I said...

You're very lucky to have a dealer crazy enough to hold a new CTS-V for you for a month with a simple deposit. I find that hard to believe considering he could easily sell the car to someone else, and he's having to floorplan that car while you wait to make up your mind. :cookoo:

maybe somefolks never got the message, but several dealers seem to want to hold the V they have hostage. Before I looked here to get Scott Pratt a call.... the dealers here would not talk...
One told me, and I still have the e-mail, wanted 20K over sticker...

AS I returned his mail, I think he felt insulted, but I digress....
NOT every dealer has a clue about selling these cars

RapidRob
03-27-09, 11:06 PM
Well - big day! Picked up my new v2 at the dealer, which is about a 20 mile drive from home. No one, (including the sales guy), knew much about the v2, but between the 2 of us, I learned the essentials needed to get the car home. They did fill the car with gas, but not sure of the octane. Anyway, I entered the freeway on the way home, and noticed that the tach was not working, (it was working at the dealer), and there was a steady check engine light.:crying2: Now, it's Friday afternoon and I do not plan on using that dealer for service, (too far and horrendous traffic through downtown Seattle .. ). I've been reading the book and it suggests that low octane gas can cause the light, but it's probably something associated with the tach not working. So Monday, it's off to a dealer who is located much closer, to see if they want to do some warranty work ... :nono:

The car is a 6 manual, and I did manage to kill the engine a couple of times before I got a feel for the clutch, etc., but yeah, I can tell the car is one of a kind! Except for the initial glitches, (hopefully just glitches ..), I love the car! Now I have to get er fixed and learn how to drive/operate the car fully.

Rob

qtzman
03-28-09, 09:55 AM
The one problem I noticed is with the gas pedal being to close to brake. My foot gets hung up on brake and Idon't have wide foot

jvp
03-28-09, 01:51 PM
The one problem I noticed is with the gas pedal being to close to brake. My foot gets hung up on brake and Idon't have wide foot

That's by design for easier rev-matching downshifts (in manuals). In other words, the heel-toe maneuver. Move your right foot further towards the center of the vehicle so that you don't snare it on the brake pedal.

jas

qtzman
03-28-09, 08:42 PM
:banghead:Thanks still getting use to 6 speed.I have been driving AMG to long.

OldDrummer55
03-30-09, 01:51 PM
Well - big day! Picked up my new v2 at the dealer, which is about a 20 mile drive from home. No one, (including the sales guy), knew much about the v2, but between the 2 of us, I learned the essentials needed to get the car home. They did fill the car with gas, but not sure of the octane. Anyway, I entered the freeway on the way home, and noticed that the tach was not working, (it was working at the dealer), and there was a steady check engine light.:crying2: Now, it's Friday afternoon and I do not plan on using that dealer for service, (too far and horrendous traffic through downtown Seattle .. ). I've been reading the book and it suggests that low octane gas can cause the light, but it's probably something associated with the tach not working. So Monday, it's off to a dealer who is located much closer, to see if they want to do some warranty work ... :nono:

The car is a 6 manual, and I did manage to kill the engine a couple of times before I got a feel for the clutch, etc., but yeah, I can tell the car is one of a kind! Except for the initial glitches, (hopefully just glitches ..), I love the car! Now I have to get er fixed and learn how to drive/operate the car fully.

Rob

Yes, good ol' Doug's Cadillac of Seattle... It'll be a cold day in hell before I give or recommend anyone give them business.. :nono:

Luna.
03-30-09, 02:01 PM

Exactly...

Well said and AMEN....

chris1268
03-30-09, 02:50 PM
I just read part of Obama's talk today was that the goverment is guarenteeing the warranty on any new car purchase from GM no matter what happens.

GMX322V S/C
03-31-09, 02:31 AM
Just today I noticed the "ticking while turned more than a half-lock in either direction" problem (briefly parked in a dirt/gravel lot over the weekend). Inspected while full lock in both directions but didn't see anything obvious. Inside trunk release also stopped working (remote still works). Just under 4200 miles.

RapidRob
03-31-09, 10:15 PM

Rob

Thought I should follow-up on the above - took it to a nearby dealer and had them look at the problem. It turned out that there was a loose plug on the, "crank position sensor", which, when I picked the car up and drove out on the interstate, apparently disconnected and caused the problem. Now all is good and the car is running spectacularly!!!:D:D:D

Rob

v-sam
04-01-09, 12:33 AM
I don't own an 09 V but I instructed a guy in one who said when he had the wheel in full lock to the right it hit the sway bar. Also while on track the diff. fluid warning light came on saying reduce speed. Another instructor pal of mine said the diff. fluid warning light came on in his students car.

neuronbob
04-04-09, 05:31 PM
800 miles so far.

Ultraview squeaks some and I now have the wheel noise when in full lock, it's intermittent. I'll probably wait until the first oil change to deal with both. Prior to that I'll probably try some silicone gel in the Ultraview. Worked on my Acura RL when I had the same problem. Nothing earth-shattering here....

Kadonny
04-06-09, 08:36 AM
Just a general question I noticed yesterday when washing it. At idle in my driveway, I could hear a very prominent "tick" from the engine. I opened the hood and it is cleary coming from the top of the supercharger right near the strut tower brace. Normal?

vperl
04-06-09, 06:55 PM
Just a general question I noticed yesterday when washing it. At idle in my driveway, I could hear a very prominent "tick" from the engine. I opened the hood and it is cleary coming from the top of the supercharger right near the strut tower brace. Normal?

got 1655 miles on my V humms like a kitten, growels like a " "THUNDER DOG "

OldDrummer55
04-20-09, 12:30 PM
I noticed the shift console (auto) doesn't have any back lighting. Is this normal?

Razorecko
04-20-09, 12:36 PM
I get all kinds of horrible creeking noises from the ultraview when its warm out....damn i shoulda went w/ the no sunroof

paulsV06
04-20-09, 01:36 PM
No backlight on the shift console. Mine is the same.

GMX322V S/C
04-20-09, 02:23 PM
4875 mi; occasional squeaks from center stack when backing out of rather steep driveway at an angle (lots of twist). Another occasional squeak from driver's-side rear door area when driving over freeway expansion joints at speed.

Cadillac Tony
04-20-09, 02:35 PM
I noticed the shift console (auto) doesn't have any back lighting. Is this normal?

Yep. There's a lighted PRND display in the tach, so they don't backlight the center console markings. Same on all other Cadillacs.

chris1268
04-20-09, 04:11 PM
4000 miles and creaks from both doors and ultraview. Getting worse by the day.

NeedCTS-v
04-20-09, 04:37 PM
How does Cadillac usually respond to noise related complaints?

I also have the noise from the ultraview but it is usually not as bad if the roof is open or tilted up. I assumed that it was coming from the seam between the glass sections but could be wrong.

As for the doors that would be a bummer if this thing turned out to be a rattle trap. Noises like that tend to drive me nuts and is one area where I was pretty impressed with the Jeep, 35k and very few rattles at all.

Cadillac Tony
04-20-09, 05:07 PM
Most rattle/itch noises from sunroofs and door panels are caused by rubber seals squeaking against whatever it is they're sealing. A small application of a good rubber dressing (not alcohol or silicone based) usually does the trick.

Over the years, I've gotten in the habit of wiping down all my door seals and sunroof seals with a good spray lube on a rag every few months, and it keeps everything quiet and soft. I suppose it comes from being raised by a car nut Father, and it just became habit.

Razorecko
04-20-09, 05:14 PM
water leaking from drivers door seal onto side of dash after rain. HORRIBLE creaking from ultraview and from dash when warm. Honestly this better get fixed. I had a Jeep srt8 for 30k and didnt have one creak or pop on the inside. I have very little patience for a $65k vehicle that pops and creaks like a 15yr old pick up even if it does have 500+ hp.

NeedCTS-v
04-20-09, 05:53 PM
water leaking from drivers door seal onto side of dash after rain. HORRIBLE creaking from ultraview and from dash when warm. Honestly this better get fixed. I had a Jeep srt8 for 30k and didnt have one creak or pop on the inside. I have very little patience for a $65k vehicle that pops and creaks like a 15yr old pick up even if it does have 500+ hp.

You have a water leak??? That's not okay...

OldDrummer55
04-20-09, 08:48 PM
Most rattle/itch noises from sunroofs and door panels are caused by rubber seals squeaking against whatever it is they're sealing. A small application of a good rubber dressing (not alcohol or silicone based) usually does the trick.

Over the years, I've gotten in the habit of wiping down all my door seals and sunroof seals with a good spray lube on a rag every few months, and it keeps everything quiet and soft. I suppose it comes from being raised by a car nut Father, and it just became habit.

Tony, would you recommend a few brands?

Cadillac Tony
04-20-09, 09:43 PM
I should clarify: I used to use spray products (which is what my Dad tought me), but technology has moved on and now offers specialized treatments for rubber.

GM makes a (rather expensive) product specifically for convertible tops and door seals which can be bought HERE (http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm), or you can try the less expensive Wurth product HERE (http://www.superiorcarcare.net/wurucagelst.html).

I've used both with equal results, and so I'd go with the Wurth Gel Stick for the lower price and nifty applicator. Open up your Ultraview and do all the rubber seals, then do the seals on the doors (both on the door itself AND the one on the body that the door closes against). Should take care of any itches or creaking noises coming from the rubber.

Razorecko
04-20-09, 09:52 PM
I should clarify: I used to use spray products (which is what my Dad tought me), but technology has moved on and now offers specialized treatments for rubber.

GM makes a (rather expensive) product specifically for convertible tops and door seals which can be bought HERE (http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm), or you can try the less expensive Wurth product HERE (http://www.superiorcarcare.net/wurucagelst.html).

I've used both with equal results, and so I'd go with the Wurth Gel Stick for the lower price and nifty applicator. Open up your Ultraview and do all the rubber seals, then do the seals on the doors (both on the door itself AND the one on the body that the door closes against). Should take care of any itches or creaking noises coming from the rubber.

Thanks for the tip Tony. I dont feel i should have to slap on gel w/ my $ and my time after dropping serious coin for a vehicle. I'm expecting the dealer/gm to fix this :yup:

neuronbob
04-20-09, 10:54 PM

Thanks for the tip, Tony. Planning to do this soon. I had to do similarly with my last car and it took me less than five minutes to do the job. I was rewarded with blissful quiet.

eagle_lex
04-21-09, 08:23 AM
great tip but should those seals be causing noise so early in their life span?? come on... sounds like guys are having the problem i had with my glass top in my C5 vette. those noises shouldnt be occuring.

Cadillac Tony
04-21-09, 08:57 AM
I've become so trained to wipe down the rubber seals on sunroofs, doors, trunks, etc, that I don't even look at it as "work" anymore- just part of maintaining my car, similar to washing it and changing the oil. I'd much rather spend 5 minutes wiping down the rubber gaskets once a month than constantly driving in to the Service Department.

commander112
04-21-09, 09:24 AM
I've become so trained to wipe down the rubber seals on sunroofs, doors, trunks, etc, that I don't even look at it as "work" anymore- just part of maintaining my car, similar to washing it and changing the oil. I'd much rather spend 5 minutes wiping down the rubber gaskets once a month than constantly driving in to the Service Department.

Well said. This is not a problem with the seals or car. Cars twist and rubber makes noise. Take care of it and it is not a problem. Simple maintainance.

rgp6373
04-21-09, 11:56 PM
i have 1700km on my v2 now , love this car simply awesome on the highway . my power steering oil is leaking going in to get it fixed soon , just topping it up for now . other than that no noises , creaks , ticks or anything .

wahala
04-23-09, 05:28 AM
My problem is that mine is 7270 miles away from where I am. Not patiently waiting to go tear up the mountain passes.

GMX322V S/C
04-28-09, 04:17 AM
My wheel clicking/ticking is back in a big way--worse than when I had the TSB applied a few weeks ago. Back then it was just a ticking sound I could hear pretty clearly with the window open. Now I can feel the clicks through the steering wheel and they're much louder--as if something was binding. Same conditions as before--low speeds, > 1/2 turn of lock in either direction. My dealer probably didn't clean the mating surfaces like the TSB specified...

ericpd
05-02-09, 05:46 PM
Ok,... I've been following this thread for a while, and now I have something to contribute. About 3 weeks after I took delivery, I started having problems with my UltraView. At first the problem was with it completely closing with one touch. Had to repeatedly hammer on the button for it to completely close. Took it to the dealer and they said something about syncing. Recently, not only did that problem return, but I started getting the noise most in here are talking about. Then some grinding noises during Ultra View operation. Took it in again this past Thursday and long story short, they're going to replace the UltraView come this Tuesday. I haven't read in here any comments on this solution from anyone else. Don't have any leaks, but lots and lots of squeaking. Oh,... and the spray lube advice earlier in this thread only had limited results. Now that they have decided to replace the roof without a lot of prodding from me, I'm wondering if this problem is well known and they're trying to resolve a design flaw or something. If anyone in here has gotten their UltraView replaced, please let me know just what they're planning on replacing and doing to my baby! Anything I should be making sure they pay attention to? Thanks,... much appreciated.

vperl
05-02-09, 06:16 PM
And people asked why no sun roof !

marktanner
05-03-09, 10:38 AM
I had the same closing problem with my '08. First they reprogrammed it, then they replaced the motor, then the whole roof, which did fix it. The problem apparently was the frame, which caused some binding which would trip the limb protection feature. Supposedly there is a new supplier for 2009. There were a number of reports of this in the CTS forum, but none in quite a while. This is the first report I've seen on an '09, in fact.

For what it's worth, with all of the extra work on the roof, it looked brand new, with no extra noises or leaks, and it did work better. I never did have any noises though, either before or after. My shop did do a good job, very neat, unlike some I have read about, though. Overall, I enjoyed the roof enough to get it my my V.

ericpd
05-03-09, 02:40 PM
I had the same closing problem with my '08. First they reprogrammed it, then they replaced the motor, then the whole roof, which did fix it. The problem apparently was the frame, which caused some binding which would trip the limb protection feature. Supposedly there is a new supplier for 2009. There were a number of reports of this in the CTS forum, but none in quite a while. This is the first report I've seen on an '09, in fact.

For what it's worth, with all of the extra work on the roof, it looked brand new, with no extra noises or leaks, and it did work better. I never did have any noises though, either before or after. My shop did do a good job, very neat, unlike some I have read about, though. Overall, I enjoyed the roof enough to get it my my V.

Interesting. Now I'm wondering if this fix is one of those fixes that happen within MY changes. With my C32 AMG they had a problem with the radiators rusting out causing Glycol contamination in the transmission fluid. The fix was to use another supplier for the radiators, but whether you got the fix at delivery depended on the manufacture date of the car. It all depended on when your car was built. I wonder if I'm in this boat now?

Thanks for the reply

fleadh
05-05-09, 11:31 AM
Have around 8k miles on my cts-v now. It's due for it's first oil change, and I'm going to have them look at a couple different things:

- the center console display sometimes doesn't turn on when i start the car. if i hit the up/down button to raise/lower the display it doesn't reset the output (stays blank). i have to turn the car off, and on again and it'll come back on. i also notice when i start the car, it seems to take a long time for the display to 'boot up' (5-10 seconds)... anyone else get this?

- about a month ago i started hearing the clicking from the front end while moving the car slowly in parking lots. it hasn't gone away.

- the sunroof squeeks like a mofo when pulling in/out of driveways. yes, i read up on the good suggestions for lubing the seals.. i'm going to do that, but still... this is a ****ing expensive car and it's bullshit that it does this so early in its life.

- the center dash rattles/aches/squeeks when going in/out of driveways, wtf? my old race cars didn't make as much noise as this thing. it's like an old alfa.

the only service that's been done on it was the battery cable relocation recall (and the starter, since the dealer broke the fugging post off it while performing the recall.... using a different dealer this time).

even with the above, i think it's a good car. but the build quality, so far (IMO) is bootsy.

-mike

Razorecko
05-05-09, 11:51 AM
Have around 8k miles on my cts-v now. It's due for it's first oil change, and I'm going to have them look at a couple different things:

- the center console display sometimes doesn't turn on when i start the car. if i hit the up/down button to raise/lower the display it doesn't reset the output (stays blank). i have to turn the car off, and on again and it'll come back on. i also notice when i start the car, it seems to take a long time for the display to 'boot up' (5-10 seconds)... anyone else get this?

- about a month ago i started hearing the clicking from the front end while moving the car slowly in parking lots. it hasn't gone away.

- the sunroof squeeks like a mofo when pulling in/out of driveways. yes, i read up on the good suggestions for lubing the seals.. i'm going to do that, but still... this is a ****ing expensive car and it's bullshit that it does this so early in its life.

- the center dash rattles/aches/squeeks when going in/out of driveways, wtf? my old race cars didn't make as much noise as this thing. it's like an old alfa.

the only service that's been done on it was the battery cable relocation recall (and the starter, since the dealer broke the fugging post off it while performing the recall.... using a different dealer this time).

even with the above, i think it's a good car. but the build quality, so far (IMO) is bootsy.

-mike

^ I agree with that Mike, for the money it shouldnt sound like a 30yr old interior. Alot of it seems to come from the center console w/ the front controls down to about the shifter...although what has seemed to help me was go around the car and start pressing all the panels in all different spots. i got a good snap or two of clips that werent in all the way and it seems my noise level is slightly down.

vperl
05-05-09, 05:21 PM

-mike
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Never had a seek, rattle or a roll on mine, guess your just an unlucky guy or you beat the baby up, talk nice to it....

ericpd
05-05-09, 05:24 PM
Took the V to the dealer today re: my UltraView. Watch them completely remove the the hardware and top before leaving. Was told the entire job will be warranty work and a new assembly will be installed. Car promised back to me sometimes Thursday. Mark,... I asked whether a build date would have anything to do with the fix being in the car. Their response was that my problem had nothing to do with the improvements incorporated in the fix I believe you are talking about. Not sure though. Was told that my binding problem was the result of faulty hardware. The mid-cycle starts and stops were the result of the electronics sensing unexpected resistance. They're replacing much of the electronics as well,... all warrantied! Thanks!

Hey Razor,... what's up man? No console or door rattles here,... yet! LOL!

RapidRob
05-05-09, 06:19 PM
i also notice when i start the car, it seems to take a long time for the display to 'boot up' (5-10 seconds)... anyone else get this?
-mike

Yep - mine takes about 5 seconds to boot consistently. I haven't experienced the other items you mentioned, at all. Could be your car's assemblers were having a bum day ... ?

Rob

marktanner
05-05-09, 06:45 PM
Eric, the told me some of the frames were too tight, causing the roof to bind, triggering the sensor. What other hardware is there to bind but the frame and the rail it's attached to? Hope the new roof fixes it, regardless of the cause.

ericpd
05-05-09, 11:44 PM
Eric, the told me some of the frames were too tight, causing the roof to bind, triggering the sensor. What other hardware is there to bind but the frame and the rail it's attached to? Hope the new roof fixes it, regardless of the cause.

That's a good question. Don't really know. I know there were about 4 to 5 major parts on the floor and cart besides the car, and a ton of wires I could see in the cavity left when everything was removed. I got a feeling everything will be fine though. I could sense that the guy knew what was causing the problem. I didn't appear as though he was just replacing stuff not know what could be causing the mid-cycle starting and stopping. It just didn't seemed as though he was trying to fix something he had never encountered before. So I took their shuttle home,... jumped into my C32, and went on about my day.

Razorecko
05-17-09, 05:38 PM
My ultraview is making some horrible noise. Like its going to shatter at times from flexing. From the outside its totally uneven. The back stationary glass peice goes under the roofline. Also when i recieved the vehicle i noticed and the dealer agreed that there was a small "pop" like dent in the rear corner of the ultraview from the factory. They lubed up the ultraview but its still all warped out. It seems to get really bad when its warm out and its getting worse. Odds are they'll probally have to replace the unit and when they do that i'll have them fix the dent. For all the years they've had the ultraview you'd think they'd have it perfected by now.

nc09v2
05-17-09, 06:19 PM
Aside from being delivered slightly out of alignment, which I had corrected immediately, my V, including Ultraview, has been completely trouble free. My only rattle of any kind is that I do occasionally get a little noise from the console/shifter area going around turns quickly, but not consistently. Heck, my Benz make similar noises when going around the same turns at speed.

My car has been very reliable, I am very happy with it.

rgp6373
05-17-09, 06:53 PM
well i took my v2 in for a power steering leak and was told i need a new steering gear . unfortunatly they are not making it yet so i have and indefinate delivery date . just have to keep topping up the fluid every week or so

todd03blown
05-17-09, 09:45 PM
subscribing to keep abreast of issues...

Razorecko
05-18-09, 09:38 AM
alot of these issues go hand in hand with first year models. We all knew what we were getting into by buying the first year. I have no regrets since i still believe there is a chance there might not be a next years model.

1-2-N-V
05-18-09, 09:49 AM
Yes i get a a few little pops from the ultra view also. More and more so, but that is about all the noises i hear so far. Keeping the music down to hear others. No rear end or console noises. Just the UV. You think they have a fix for this for sure?

demorgan59
05-18-09, 02:46 PM
alot of these issues go hand in hand with first year models. We all knew what we were getting into by buying the first year. I have no regrets since i still believe there is a chance there might not be a next years model.
Come on Razor - have a heart.:D

ericpd
05-18-09, 09:15 PM
Yes i get a a few little pops from the ultra view also. More and more so, but that is about all the noises i hear so far. Keeping the music down to hear others. No rear end or console noises. Just the UV. You think they have a fix for this for sure?

Well for me,... a total replacement was the fix. I didn't hammer them at all about replacing the entire unit,... it was entirely their idea to do so. I'm thinking a bulletin or something is circulating relating to this because it is highly unusual for a dealer to opt for totally replacing something before at least one or two repair attempts.

Uriel
05-19-09, 12:24 AM
7280 Miles on Odometer. Mostly highway miles. Purchased car late February. No squeeks, rattles, or other unusual sounds. Just normal exhaust and road noise (which sounds sweet to me). No complaints. Only mod so far is W4M max tune. Car is White Diamond with Titanium interior, Standard Seats, Automatic Transmission and Painted Wheels. I expect to drive it 250,000 miles and then rebuild and make like new. At age 70 --- this is the last car I intend to own.

chris1268
05-19-09, 12:01 PM
I just noticed a terrible problem this morning.......I NEED NEW TIRES ALREADY AT 6000 miles - damn car :worship:

1-2-N-V
05-19-09, 12:12 PM
Geeze Chris, you must be havin' some fun with the traction control off.:burn:

Razorecko
05-19-09, 12:25 PM
i recommend nitto invo's

vperl
05-19-09, 12:26 PM
I just noticed a terrible problem this morning.......I NEED NEW TIRES ALREADY AT 6000 miles - damn car :worship:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&77

Recap them, you'll save a buck

1-2-N-V
05-19-09, 12:37 PM
Recaps? On performance tires? Yeah? You can do that? Nah.....

rjoffe
05-19-09, 01:09 PM
7280 Miles on Odometer. Mostly highway miles. Purchased car late February. No squeeks, rattles, or other unusual sounds. Just normal exhaust and road noise (which sounds sweet to me). No complaints. Only mod so far is W4M max tune. Car is White Diamond with Titanium interior, Standard Seats, Automatic Transmission and Painted Wheels. I expect to drive it 250,000 miles and then rebuild and make like new. At age 70 --- this is the last car I intend to own.

So let's see:

7280 in 3 months = 2426 per month
= 29112 per year
so 250,000 Miles will come in 8 years
Then rebuild and let's assume another 250,000
so let's see that means this car will last you into your 86'th birthday.

Nope, I think your math is off, you need to buy a second V, that way they will last you till you are good and well done driving :)

vperl
05-19-09, 01:44 PM
Recaps? On performance tires? Yeah? You can do that? Nah.....

Opps, thought no one would notice,

me bad

chris1268
05-19-09, 02:07 PM
Geeze Chris, you must be havin' some fun with the traction control off.:burn:

I am having fun, I bought this car to play with and I am doing a darn good job so far. After 6 months with this car, it still makes me giggle like a school girl everytime I get in and drive it.

Big Dad n Mama Crow
05-23-09, 07:35 PM
I was the first owner of the 2009 CTS here in Long Beach on August 30th! I LOVE MY BLACK CHERRY CTS BEAUTY!!! The only thing is I can't figure out how to get into that darn Hard Drive! The music is in there but how do I get to it?? Says I have 56 songs in there and can only access the first 8 I put in there?? I'm stumped! Other than that - I had an early issue with the squeaky breaks - took it in and they worked on it for a couple of days - and gave it back - Breaks still squeak! But this car is a beauty - looks elegant - drives like a dream and performs like nothing I've had so far! I'm completely sold on the Cadillac CTS 2009! Run - don't walk to buy yours today! So worth the cost!

RapidRob
05-23-09, 10:22 PM
^^^ 2009, "CTS", or CTS-V? Big difference - me thinks.

Rob

vperl
05-23-09, 10:31 PM
^^^ 2009, "CTS", or CTS-V? Big difference - me thinks.

Rob

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Just an observation.....

most with the 2009 will not leave out the " V "

just an observation..... your on track,,, so to speak

chris1268
05-26-09, 04:45 PM
Has anyone had an issue with the audio/NAV screen rebooting itslef while driving? Happened to me 3 times this weekend and has happened twice in the past.

Uriel
05-26-09, 06:02 PM
Yes, I have experienced my audio/NAV screen rebooting, but so does my 2005 Acura RL. I don't think it is a problem with our V2 only. It may have something to do with signal interferrence signal from the satellite??

marktanner
05-26-09, 06:22 PM
Microsoft strikes again. This is a known issue with all CTSs, and if it becomes problematic, the dealer can usually fix it with an update, or even a reflash. Welcome to Microsoft Automotive.

RWFJR
05-26-09, 06:57 PM
Only problem is that the audio and nav go blank for about 5 seconds after I leave the car wash!

Daviddi888
05-27-09, 09:30 AM
I'm happy with the car so far, there are some issues with my 09 CTS-V though, like the creeking sound from the left A-pillar when I back up from my drive way, the passenger front seat rattle(dealer can't fix), the annoying clicking sound from the wheels(no fix yet), and some sheet metal welds at the edges by the back window that's visible under the nice paint job. But all that doesn't seem to bother me when I floor the accelerator.

Luna.
05-27-09, 01:38 PM

Thanks Tony. Just ordered some Wurth (GM one didn't show up).

I'm looking forward to giving that a shot. :cool2:

vperl
05-29-09, 02:46 AM
Microsoft strikes again. This is a known issue with all CTSs, and if it becomes problematic, the dealer can usually fix it with an update, or even a reflash. Welcome to Microsoft Automotive.

It has been reported that the V's Nav is made by Alphine. So, Microsoft us used in Aphine units.... ?

jwa999
06-04-09, 11:44 AM
Automatic Transmission failure. Would not engage 5th gear. 1-4 gear worked fine, but every time I go to fifth gear, the car would brake strongly on the clutches. Tried several times. It happened in the afternoon. I had driven the car a few hours earlier. As I left the parking lot, I took a left turn, then a right turn. I noticed it revved up unusually high in that turn, and the next moment, the car started to brake. Then it would go again. Put it in manual mode and found out 5th gear was the problem. Transmission temps would go up quickly.
Dealer pulled it, opened it up, found clutches burned. GM engineers had them run tests on it. Can't identify what caused the problem. Will put in a new transmission. I will hear next week on the ETA for a new one. Car has 6000 miles on it. Bought end of december.
Hans.

kencav
06-04-09, 02:24 PM
Boy that sucks Hans- sorry to hear that-obviously they did not try to place any blame on your part

Razorecko
06-04-09, 02:48 PM
I've had really bad noises with my ultraview and my dealer said that a tsb just came out for 2s motors - something to do with the tracking. Than that pos service manager basically told me that if that doesnt fix it than i'll have to live with it...I told him my @ss.

jwa999
06-04-09, 03:17 PM
Boy that sucks Hans- sorry to hear that-obviously they did not try to place any blame on your part

Dealer has been great. They took a lot of time trying to analyze the problem for GM. Yesterday they told me GM was going to do a cost analysis of what was cheaper, replace the valve body and clutches or put in a new one.
But today they concluded since they couldn't find a cause and didn't want a repeat and the car was still new, they put in a new tranny for me.

I was fortunate the enterprise rental they use had just bought 2 brand new CTS 3.6 with direct injection, so i'm braking in one of them in. Had 146 miles on it. I must say, after driving it for a few days, i'm quite impressed with the ride. The car is a lot lighter than the V, only 3500lbs. But the suspension is quite stiff and the standard seats are not bad.

Hans.

1BlinkGone
06-05-09, 06:00 AM
Give me Mac automotive. I can't stand Microsoft's software, let alone their OS & browser...

8speed
06-06-09, 07:39 PM
Call me crazy (or just not used to American made cars) but the list of problems I have read through in the last 20 minutes is mind boggling......yet no one in here seems to think it's a big deal:cookoo: Over 20k on my F and not one rattle or squeak.........transmission failure, check engine lights, faulty shift modules, doors not closing, broken cooling lines (on a test drive no less), rattling wheels, loose 1/4 panels, navigation failure:wtf:...........and every post of listed problems ends in "I can't believe the awesome quality of this car". I am seriously considering trading in my Lexus but I might be looking elsewhere:yup:

kencav
06-06-09, 07:50 PM
8-speed- yup- ctvs sucks, lots of problems, better look elsewhere!

kencav
06-06-09, 08:07 PM
8-speed.....at least you may not want to look at another lexus....
Quality of your IS-F: not sure about mine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think so far of the quality of your IS-F??????????
I personally am a little disappointed. The leather looks used after about 4 months of having the car. A lot of rattling inside and the breaks squeak none stop; which I was basically told that I would have to live with it... I've never had a car for more than 2 years and I am planning on keeping mine for about 4 years and I have to say I am really concerned. The car is black and I feel like the paint is really soft, lots of swirls!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you guys think??? Plus lexus service department does not seem to know how to handle such a car. Last week I caught the guys revving up my engine not knowing I was there as they were pulling the car out, they figured it was funny to play around with other people's property..... My service adviser basically tried to make it up to me by offering me a little detail..... I hope it wasn't a mistake going with the F since it is the first time Lexus has done a car like this.

...from lexus forums

8speed
06-06-09, 08:14 PM
8-speed.....at least you may not want to look at another lexus....
Quality of your IS-F: not sure about mine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think so far of the quality of your IS-F??????????
I personally am a little disappointed. The leather looks used after about 4 months of having the car. A lot of rattling inside and the breaks squeak none stop; which I was basically told that I would have to live with it... I've never had a car for more than 2 years and I am planning on keeping mine for about 4 years and I have to say I am really concerned. The car is black and I feel like the paint is really soft, lots of swirls!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you guys think??? Plus lexus service department does not seem to know how to handle such a car. Last week I caught the guys revving up my engine not knowing I was there as they were pulling the car out, they figured it was funny to play around with other people's property..... My service adviser basically tried to make it up to me by offering me a little detail..... I hope it wasn't a mistake going with the F since it is the first time Lexus has done a car like this.

...from lexus forums

Seats looking used? You can't be serious? This is the best you can come up with? Let me guess, you spent two minutes using "problems with IS-F"? on Google:alchi: And how many TSB's are out on the V already? Not to mention that you might not even have a car company to honor your warranties because 80% of your dealerships will be bankrupt! I'm not here to troll or flame but you can't possibly think any GM built car can compare to Lexus in terms of reliability and build quality! I could post up the last 15 years from JD powers and others but that would be way too easy!

4gear70
06-06-09, 08:36 PM
And how many TSB's are out on the V already? Not to mention that you might not even have a car company to honor your warranties because 80% of your dealerships will be bankrupt! I'm not here to troll or flame but you can't possibly think any GM built car can compare to Lexus in terms of reliability and build quality! I could post up the last 15 years from JD powers and others but that would be way too easy!

Classic! :lol:

vperl
06-06-09, 08:46 PM
Seats looking used? You can't be serious? This is the best you can come up with? Let me guess, you spent two minutes using "problems with IS-F"? on Google:alchi: And how many TSB's are out on the V already? Not to mention that you might not even have a car company to honor your warranties because 80% of your dealerships will be bankrupt! I'm not here to troll or flame but you can't possibly think any GM built car can compare to Lexus in terms of reliability and build quality! I could post up the last 15 years from JD powers and others but that would be way too easy!

I am sure you noticed your lexis is a 2 door vehicle with just enough room for two under 11 year olds......

Me being a grown-up did not like the small cabin feel of the lexis, and I was not happy with the head room, being over 6 foot tall.

I suppose if you are 5"4" and have the same sized friends your OK....

go for it

I like my 2009 CTS-V

kencav
06-06-09, 08:57 PM
didn't even have to google....just went right to lexus is-f forums- simple enough

By the way why are you trading a relatively brand new lexus super sedan so soon?

Only possibilities
1-lack of sufficient performance
2-lack of satisfaction with quality
3-all of the above

Am I missing something here.

Go buy another Lexus and stop bashing the automobile industry of YOUR country

oh and by the way....i would reccomend the BMW forums next- I just came out of my 5th for my trouble free CTSV so i am sure i can provide some useful info for you on BMW problems on that forum as well

neuronbob
06-06-09, 10:34 PM
Can we keep this on topic, please? No car is perfect.
Still quite happy with my purchase and I've had only very minor issues at just under 3k miles.

8speed
06-06-09, 11:20 PM

I am sure you noticed your lexis is a 2 door vehicle with just enough room for two under 11 year olds......

Me being a grown-up did not like the small cabin feel of the lexis, and I was not happy with the head room, being over 6 foot tall.

I suppose if you are 5"4" and have the same sized friends your OK....

go for it

I like my 2009 CTS-V

Hyperbole much? I'm 6 feet 235 lbs and fit nicely........and I don't have friends who need to ride in the back of my car......you need room, buy a mini van. Even though I get almost 30 mpg freeway, I'm sure you guys didn't buy your V's to support the "green" movement:thumbsup:

didn't even have to google....just went right to lexus is-f forums- simple enough

By the way why are you trading a relatively brand new lexus super sedan so soon?
Only possibilities
1-lack of sufficient performance
2-lack of satisfaction with quality
3-all of the above

Am I missing something here.

Go buy another Lexus and stop bashing the automobile industry of YOUR country

oh and by the way....i would reccomend the BMW forums next- I just came out of my 5th for my trouble free CTSV so i am sure i can provide some useful info for you on BMW problems on that forum as well

It's called a lease.........maybe you've heard of it?

Your trouble free CTS-V? It's brand new, just how much trouble do you plan on having after a couple thousand miles? Unless you count transmission failure, check engine lights, faulty shift modules, doors not closing, broken cooling lines (on a test drive no less), rattling wheels, loose 1/4 panels, and navigation failure problematic:umno:

vperl
06-06-09, 11:38 PM
Hyperbole much? I'm 6 feet 235 lbs and fit nicely........and I don't have friends who need to ride in the back of my car......you need room, buy a mini van. Even though I get almost 30 mpg freeway, I'm sure you guys didn't buy your V's to support the "green" movement:thumbsup:

It's called a lease.........maybe you've heard of it?

Your trouble free CTS-V? It's brand new, just how much trouble do you plan on having after a couple thousand miles? Unless you count transmission failure, check engine lights, faulty shift modules, doors not closing, broken cooling lines (on a test drive no less), rattling wheels, loose 1/4 panels, and navigation failure problematic:umno:
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I love Trolls, they look so funny and cry like a goat in heat.

8speed
06-06-09, 11:47 PM
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I love Trolls, they look so funny and cry like a goat in heat.

And I love reading about the so called "fastest production sedan" barely breaking 12's and trapping at 116 mph in the 1/4 mile with a modified ecu and drag radials:hide:

If i'm guilty of trolling so be it......but you guys are in complete denial about just how fast your 70k uber sedans really are! Not to mention the numerous TSB's and mechanical issues that are already surfacing!

vperl
06-06-09, 11:57 PM
And I love reading about the so called "fastest production sedan" barely breaking 12's and trapping at 116 mph in the 1/4 mile with a modified ecu and drag radials:hide:

If i'm guilty of trolling so be it......but you guys are in complete denial about just how fast your 70k uber sedans really are! Not to mention the numerous TSB's and mechanical issues that are already surfacing!

poor goat . . . . .

BTW . . . .

Most folks that had a clue paid under 60K

KMA

8speed
06-07-09, 12:12 AM

poor goat . . . . .

BTW . . . .

Most folks that had a clue paid under 60K

KMA

:osnap:

so your fellow :v: owners who paid over 60k (and there are hundreds in here) have no clue? Oh no you didn't!

vperl
06-07-09, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by 8speed

" I don't have friends who need to ride in the back of my car"

I tend to believe that....

I got plenty that want a ride and they love it...

Took three the other day up the Columbia River gorge up to Cascade Locks and switched drivers.....

They love the fact that the V was so nice inside, all the things they are used to in their cars, but when the Nav popped up they pissed their pants after I showed them a few tricks and the thumb drive with all my music, and much more.....

but I am sure you can drive around alone and happy, I understand trolls are a very lonely bunch... living alone in a cave with
Bin Laden.

be happey with what you have, I am sure your IS-F is just right for you..... be happy

Love my 2009 CTS-V

vperl
06-07-09, 12:20 AM
[quote=8speed;1901578]:osnap:

so your fellow :v: owners who paid over 60k (and there are hundreds in here) have no clue? Oh no you didn't![/quote*******************

TROLL on, BTW... how's your buddy Bin Laden?
Your solitary life, no friends with you...be happy

You could have a real life, be a little less negative, you may attract a friend.

8speed
06-07-09, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by 8speed

" I don't have friends who need to ride in the back of my car"

I tend to believe that....

I got plenty that want a ride and they love it...

Took three the other day up the Columbia River gorge up to Cascade Locks and switched drivers.....

They love the fact that the V was so nice inside, all the things they are used to in their cars, but when the Nav popped up they pissed their pants after I showed them a few tricks and the thumb drive with all my music, and much more.....

but I am sure you can drive around alone and happy, I understand trolls are a very lonely bunch... living alone in a cave with
Bin Laden.

be happey with what you have, I am sure your IS-F is just right for you..... be happy

Love my 2009 CTS-V

Interesting comments, I will be sure and remember that when I'm in Afghanistan for my fifth deployment in five years in support of OIF/OEF That is why I can break my current lease on my Lexus (sailor relief act) because I'm heading out in August after weapons training in Miss. I lived in Portland on 21st and Burnside across from the old Volvo dealership some years ago and miss it. The Pacific northwest is great! Thanks for dropping names like Bin Laden......always great to know there are folks like you back here in the states supporting the troops and refusing to slander those who provide the very freedom in which you enjoy!

God bless you and I hope you continue to enjoy your joyrides while I'm working 15 hours a day in 115 degree heat while being away from my wife and kids for the next year!

vperl
06-07-09, 12:33 AM
Interesting comments, I will be sure and remember that when I'm in Afghanistan for my fifth deployment in five years in support of OIF/OEF That is why I can break my current lease on my Lexus (sailor relief act) because I'm heading out in August after weapons training in Miss. I lived in Portland on 21st and Burnside across from the old Volvo dealership some years ago and miss it. The Pacific northwest is great! Thanks for dropping names like Bin Laden......always great to know there are folks like you back here in the states supporting the troops and refusing to slander those who provide the very freedom in which you enjoy!

God bless you and I hope you continue to enjoy your joyrides while I'm working 15 hours a day in 115 degree heat while being away from my wife and kids for the next year!

poor sot, your not the only person that served their country, and
people like you advertise "your" deployment...

You come back to adoring fans and glory......

No one gave a shit when I came back shot up and they care little now. Throwing the Vet card is silly.......

The topic here is the V, your a very silly troll.

Shame on you to use the vet card.... you were a drop on the floor when many of us were
doing much the same thing you claim to be doing......

play the vet card someplace else

All so, your working Bankers hours....

We'd be out on an operation in 130 degree weather, no or little water ( hope your bottled water is the right make), and C-Rats, for weeks on end, no time off no computers, bunks, or hot food.... we lived in what we dug... rain or shine 24/7 no time off for a foot massage, or a shower...

Tell me how ruff you got it...

cry me a river, and lastly... thanks for moving away....

GMX322V S/C
06-07-09, 05:17 AM
Call me crazy (or just not used to American made cars) but the list of problems I have read through in the last 20 minutes is mind boggling......yet no one in here seems to think it's a big deal:cookoo: Over 20k on my F and not one rattle or squeak.........transmission failure, check engine lights, faulty shift modules, doors not closing, broken cooling lines (on a test drive no less), rattling wheels, loose 1/4 panels, navigation failure:wtf:...........and every post of listed problems ends in "I can't believe the awesome quality of this car". I am seriously considering trading in my Lexus but I might be looking elsewhere:yup:Oh, and your account is a sample of...1 vehicle. Oh yeah, that's valid.

kencav
06-07-09, 07:43 AM
By the way for all to know this guy 8 speed originally if you flag his posts quotes

"having PAYED 10,000 under list for his lexus....."

and now says he is getting out of it because his LEASE expired than goes on to say he is an Afghan-deployed vet while he absolutely bashes the American car industry in his numerous posts

my thought is we get back on topic- the man was obviously concieved in the back of an older cadillac, had a bad childhood and is seeking retribution of sorts!

vperl
06-07-09, 01:46 PM
By the way for all to know this guy 8 speed originally if you flag his posts quotes

"having PAYED 10,000 under list for his lexus....."

and now says he is getting out of it because his LEASE expired than goes on to say he is an Afghan-deployed vet while he absolutely bashes the American car industry in his numerous posts

my thought is we get back on topic- the man was obviously conceived in the back of an older Cadillac, had a bad childhood and is seeking retribution of sorts!

Over the years, I have met many baloney pushers, about who and what they are, this guy stupid fits the bill, also I heard he got kicked out of the Brownies for having too long of hair, and a bad attitude..

Let's talk V

Love my fast little stock V 3500 miles not one issue, along with my other GM vehicle no issues ever

cts-me
06-07-09, 05:14 PM

What a ****ing flamer, my man, ive had my car for a while now and just like a ton of my fellow V owners have had 0 malfunctions to speak of. And while your bashing on the minor problems that some of are cars are getting, you have failed to realize why we chose this car over your "reliable" lexus.

I wont get into how i think the IS-F looks like shit, because i realize thats all perspective. But the combination of the Cadillacs performance,Exterior design, Luxury, manual transmission and American heritage are what won me over.

Not that i would have bought a IS-Fail anyway, the m3 is way way way cooler, but even the m3 is no CTS-V, hell, id rather put up with some of these malfunctions then pay the japanese for a reliable but still inferior car.

Plus, doesnt it feel good to support the dwindling American economy instead of stuffing the pockets of these other countrys?

vperl
06-07-09, 06:45 PM
Well, with little effort, and I am totally sure with some effort from one of the fellow V members...
One could find out way more about the TROLL 8Speed......

I suspected he had no friends, this like almost proves the point in some way or manner...

he got banned from his own IS-F forum and the reputation guage for the IS=f forum s was so negitve that he sunk his own boat....

look here...... http://my.is/forums/f136/if-i-build-you-guys-interested-388352/

notice he is indeed banned.. from his own forum
so he came here to get kicked also.....

Troll on 8Speed your a fraud
Shame on your claim to being "deployed" still asking which unit, which side. ????

jwa999
06-07-09, 07:37 PM
I'm currently without mine because of the transmission. No biggy. Better it fail now than later. Getting a brand new one and I'm driving an excellent CTS 3.6 for free. Also I complained about my rear doors closing a little hard, but it was very minor, and they fixed it so now you barely have to use any force. And my front wheels clicked like crazy, but after a spirited drive in humid weather it disappeared, and has stayed gone.

I love the V, i think for the price it is absolutely a blast. And all the available upgrades just make it extra fun.
I ran into an IS-F on the Dallas toll road last year and I was not impressed. I prodded him to go fast and when he finally did, he couldn't get away from my G35! Yes he was a tad faster than my stock 6mt, but nowhere screaming fast.

If i was to buy a small japanese sports car, i'd go with an EVO. I was impressed with an EVO 9 who got behind my 996 turbo and I couldn't get away from him! But boy, if ever there was blue smoke coming out of an exhaust!

Hans. ( Origin Dutch, happily supporting our local car industry!)

whisler151
06-07-09, 07:58 PM
I'm currently without mine because of the transmission. No biggy. Better it fail now than later. Getting a brand new one and I'm driving an excellent CTS 3.6 for free. Also I complained about my rear doors closing a little hard, but it was very minor, and they fixed it so now you barely have to use any force. And my front wheels clicked like crazy, but after a spirited drive in humid weather it disappeared, and has stayed gone.

I love the V, i think for the price it is absolutely a blast. And all the available upgrades just make it extra fun.
I ran into an IS-F on the Dallas toll road last year and I was not impressed. I prodded him to go fast and when he finally did, he couldn't get away from my G35! Yes he was a tad faster than my stock 6mt, but nowhere screaming fast.

If i was to buy a small japanese sports car, i'd go with an EVO. I was impressed with an EVO 9 who got behind my 996 turbo and I couldn't get away from him! But boy, if ever there was blue smoke coming out of an exhaust!

Hans. ( Origin Dutch, happily supporting our local car industry!)

Give 'em hell Hans! :highfive:

Hope your b-day party was fun. You missed a good meet yesterday. I will be working next Sat so cant make it. I hope you can make the V meet on the 14th. Even if you cant you should bring the Turbo out.

zevee
06-07-09, 09:34 PM
I have over 5000 miles, had it sitting for a week , then took it for a drive and ended up racing against Cayene Turbo (its very fast), on a way back home started idling rough, I am sure at least one of the cylinders is gone, diagnostic on star showed nothing. I am taking it to the service mon or tue, I will let you know what happened.

vperl
06-08-09, 12:00 AM

Well, your not only a fraud, but a lousy BS'er.....

Do you think when you mentioned the other Lexis that you mentioned was going soon into production?

Remember how you said this was so much a real " Super Car"

Well, I suspect if GM had given the Cadillac division the go ahead to develop a vehicle in the range of a quarter million bucks they
might have come up with a faster car.... do you think so?

I suspect you failed to mention other things also......

some may want to look here:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=126380

8Stupid, you never seem to want to answer my questions, I have several, and contacts to check anything you say out....
Tell me about your "deployment" just one question

did you buy your car
or did you lease, seems you cannot remember from one post to another of your very own....

Tell, you mommies, you want warm coco for beddy bye

vperl
06-08-09, 01:18 AM
Whoops, guys I misspoke, 8Stupid goes on and on about that Lexis car that is going to beat the V2.

OK, I like what if's.... What if the High Performance guys that developed the V2 were told hey.......
you got a blank check, just make a car that is very fast, use the best materials, , the most expensive and Hand made stuff you have to, just make a very fast car.... you think the MSRP would be under 70K ?

Gee, if it is I'm in line.....

8Stupid failed to mention this information on top of the information that is already listed......

http://www.automobilemag.com/new_and_future_cars/2010/0906_2009_lexus_cars_sneak_preview/2011_lexus_lfa.html

8Stupid keep it up, your just a silly child.

When is your mysterious "deployment" , wonder if you know what your doing or saying from one point to another.....

8speed
06-08-09, 10:40 AM
I have over 5000 miles, had it sitting for a week , then took it for a drive and ended up racing against Cayene Turbo (its very fast), on a way back home started idling rough, I am sure at least one of the cylinders is gone, diagnostic on star showed nothing. I am taking it to the service mon or tue, I will let you know what happened.

so let's see that makes.....transmission failure, check engine lights, faulty shift modules, doors not closing, broken cooling lines (on a test drive no less), rattling wheels, loose 1/4 panels, navigation failure, multiple TSB's

and now cylinder failure:nono:

God bless that American reliability! But hey, your car ran a 7:59 at the Ring:woohoo:

Brett
06-08-09, 11:07 AM
so let's see that makes.....transmission failure, check engine lights, faulty shift modules, doors not closing, broken cooling lines (on a test drive no less), rattling wheels, loose 1/4 panels, navigation failure, multiple TSB's

God bless that American reliability! But hey, your car ran a 7:59 at the Ring:woohoo:

I fail to understand why you are on this forum. Please elaborate.

8speed
06-08-09, 11:24 AM
I own a cadillac, have every right to be in here as a perspective buyer of a CTS-V.......I'm trying to learn more about the car but all I get is "fanboy" BS instead of real world experiences. In short after doing some research over the past couple weeks, I think the V is not as great as everyone is stating, has significant reliability issues already and that you fanboys are so enamored with the sub 8 minute Nurburgring lap time that you fail to see anything else regarding the reliability and workmanship that went into building the car. And from the recent 1/4 mile passes, the V is not nearly as fast as you fanboys claim it to be or as a de-tuned ZR1 engine should be! GM went specifically after the E60 M5 that has been in production for six years, and from the multiple tests and comparisons I've read just might have won........but what took so long, and why on earth would you set your sights on a car that is so long in the tooth that BMW is already coming out with a new M5 in 2010 that is rumored to be a twin turbo version producing 600 hp! GM in general is so late to the party with this car yet again, just look at their track record with the over production of the Hummer line and all the muscle cars just as gas was hitting 20 year highs........and they wonder why they are filing chapter 11
:helpless:

Brett
06-08-09, 11:29 AM
I own a cadillac, have every right to be in here as a perspective buyer of a CTS-V.......I'm trying to learn more about the car but all I get is "fanboy" BS instead of real world experiences.

-You have no right to be here at all, this is not a Public Library you idiot.

-So, you are combatting all the fanboys on here by acting like a fanboy???

A lot of people seem to be questioning you about your deployment. Turns out , it is today :)

The Tony Show
06-08-09, 12:40 PM
:golf clap:

Buzduz74
06-08-09, 03:18 PM
I own a cadillac, have every right to be in here as a perspective buyer of a CTS-V.......I'm trying to learn more about the car but all I get is "fanboy" BS instead of real world experiences. In short after doing some research over the past couple weeks, I think the V is not as great as everyone is stating, has significant reliability issues already and that you fanboys are so enamored with the sub 8 minute Nurburgring lap time that you fail to see anything else regarding the reliability and workmanship that went into building the car. And from the recent 1/4 mile passes, the V is not nearly as fast as you fanboys claim it to be or as a de-tuned ZR1 engine should be! GM went specifically after the E60 M5 that has been in production for six years, and from the multiple tests and comparisons I've read just might have won........but what took so long, and why on earth would you set your sights on a car that is so long in the tooth that BMW is already coming out with a new M5 in 2010 that is rumored to be a twin turbo version producing 600 hp! GM in general is so late to the party with this car yet again, just look at their track record with the over production of the Hummer line and all the muscle cars just as gas was hitting 20 year highs........and they wonder why they are filing chapter 11

Well guys my 09 v 6 speed is GREAT without one problem. Lovin it but treat it with respect
Buzz

kencav
06-08-09, 03:24 PM
"A lot of people seem to be questioning you about your deployment. Turns out , it is today"

That had to be the single most enjoyable thing i have read since i joined this forum

This Brett guy gets my vote.......FOR LIFE!

neuronbob
06-08-09, 03:39 PM
this brett guy gets my vote.......for life!

+1 :)

mbshoe
06-08-09, 05:06 PM
Getting back on topic...

My '09 V has about 8000 miles. While it goes like stink, it already has more interior ticks, clicks, and creaks than my 9 year old, 130,000 mile Audi A6. This weekend, the carpeting in the driver's side floor well has pulled out from under the plastic trim on along the left side from the kick panel down along the door sill. I tucked it back in, but it's clear that it won't stay tucked. :-(

Fortunately, the front wheel clicking went away with one self-administered round of taking off the wheels, cleaning the mating surfaces and remounting with the right torque on the lug nuts.

This is the only American car I've ever owned after nearly 40 years of swearing never to own a GM . My parent's 72 Chevrolet Kingswood wagon, mid-80's Oldsmobile 88, '95 Caddy DeVille, and numerous rentals turned me off GM quality. As an aside, I do own a Ford 2005 F150. It left me stranded and got carted off on a flat-bed after only 3000 miles (serpentine belt exploded, no power brakes, power steering, or alternator). Plus it has the 5.3L Triton V8 with the spark plugs that weld themselves in and can not be removed without cracking apart and dropping bits into the cylinder. Fortunately, I don't drive it much, and they're supposed to last 100K miles, so that will be the next owner's problem.

The Caddy was a major leap of faith for me. I love the power. I love the handling. But, on the quality front, it's a shame this is the best the big three have to offer. I bought it because it had a manual transmission - Audi/Mercedes only have those automatically shifting things. Lexus doesn't do manuals (except in the under powered IS250). And, I wouldn't be caught dead in a BMW. Of course I said that for years about GM, so I suppose never say never. I think that just leaves the manual G37. While clearly not in the V league for power, I confess, I really don't need 550HP, especially if the rest of the car is going to have quality problems.

Hoping I didn't drop a pile of money on something I'm going to regret...

kencav
06-08-09, 05:56 PM
I for one hear your concerns having owned a bevy of foriegn cars of what i would consider to be exceptional build quality (but still not without their share of shimmies and rattles). I'm sure my sentiments have been echoed by others but here it is
1-Luck of the draw philosophy- seems build quality is simply more variable with our current domestic products- when they are good they are very good, when they are bad they are very bad. Case in point- my 2009 CTSV has no rattles and is imho tight- it is also radiant silver which i feel is very deep with a nice clearcoat- but i have seen a ctsv same color which appeared flatter and not as flattering.
2-CTSV is a high performance car- 500 plus hp over 600 with mods puts a different strain on a vehicle than say a regular cts. When I had m3's they rattled like heck yet when i got a 325 or 328 loaner they never rattled even at 20000 miles in the loaner fleet. Ditto rattling in my corvettes, jags. A plug for my 997s- it feels carved out of stone. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR GUYS WITH HIGH END EXOTICS, VIPERS ETC chime in her. Perhaps the engineers could not prepare the cts structure suficiently to meet these challenges structurally on a consistent basis which would truly make it a 4 DOOR CORVETTE in certain respects
3- On a side note to many plastics and surfaces interfacing= on a hot day lots of creaking. Also many creaking sunroofs but mine seems ok. Still we have one beautiful interior as nice as ANY vehicle i have owned (which may or may not say much

It has its faults hopefully outweighed by its good attributes. But you made a good point= does one need this much hp out of their car. For me I WANTED AMERICAN MUSCLE THAT STOPLIGHT TO STOPLIGHT FUN yet with a touch of class. After I first heard the salesman use the remote start and heard it come to life i was sold.

Hope these issues settle down and your current feelings of remorse slowly dissapate!

mbshoe
06-08-09, 06:21 PM
As long as the issues remain minor creaks and rattles, I'm willing to open the windows or turn up the stereo in trade for the performance and handling. As you point out, I have no doubt the aggressive driving I've done puts added strain on things leading to more flexing than one might normally have. (But, wow is it fun on twisty roads).

I really do enjoy driving the V. I love the rumble it makes at idle - totally out of character for a Cadillac! I am proud to "buy American"

I just hope the issues remain at simple creaks and rattles -- sunroof of course, driver's side door trim next to my head, center forward dashboard sometimes, and something really annoying in the upper back seat/parcel shelf area, although I guess that could also be the back end of the sunroof. I'm an hour away from the nearest dealer, so I'm saving things up. The Ultraview's already refused to close once. I need the 'radio won't stay off' fix. I'm keeping a list.

Vlakaz
06-08-09, 07:03 PM
"I think the V is not as great as everyone is stating, has significant reliability issues already and that you fanboys are so enamored with the sub 8 minute Nurburgring lap time that you fail to see anything else regarding the reliability and workmanship that went into building the car. ....set your sights on a car that is so long in the tooth that BMW is already coming out with a new M5 in 2010 that is rumored to be a twin turbo version producing 600 hp!"

Ok found this entertaining, so decided to comment...

Every car has problems, Caddy, Lexus, BMW, Ferarri etc... so your quest to find a car with no problems will sadly and likely take a few lifetimes.

This is a "Report 2009 CTS-V Problems Here" thread, not a "Who has no issues with thier V" Thread. So you don't hear about the countless V owners that have not had one issue, like mine (Just past 2600kms on mine in 4 weeks of driving). Yes, something will break down at somepoint. You should have told me before I bought this car that Lexus built the perfect unbreakable car, hmm wonder why they offer a warranty then since it won't break down. Very odd. This is definantly a useful thread, but take it for what it is.

I think you and many others are missing the point when looking at the M5. Yes the current M5 is long in the tooth, and there will be a new one which will likely have slightly better performance in a year or two, but you are comparing a car that costs significantly more, so it should be quicker since speed/luxury is what the M5 is meant for.
The V2 is GMs successful attempt to come out with an American built car that costs less and performs on par with the much more expensive M5. The bottom line is, at 40% less $$$ the V2 is about the same size and performs slightly better then the current M5.

I have no idea what type of salary you make as a General or whatever your military rank is, but if you can afford an M5 go for it. Hec for that money I'd buy a slower Masseratti instead (better looks, better quality, better female magnet appeal), but sadly, I don't make that kind of $. Money is an issue for most people, but if money is no issue for you go ahead and order a Buggatti Veyron, but I promise you, the Veyron will still break down and have issues.

At the end of the day, if you like the V2, buy it.. if you like the IS-F, buy that... if you prefer public transit, great buy a bus pass. Just take this thread for what it is. EVERY car has problems and EVERY car breaksdown.

BTW, whats the point of the fake exhaust on the IS-F? Just wondering... do you store banannas in them? and why buy a 4 door if you don't plan to put "friends" in the car?

chris1268
06-09-09, 10:39 AM
-

A lot of people seem to be questioning you about your deployment. Turns out , it is today :)

Thanks for the early Christmas present:yup:

Kadonny
06-09-09, 02:10 PM
:closed::banned2:

cts-me
06-10-09, 02:08 AM

You obviously think that are car is piece of shit, and god bless your entitled to think so, but just stop saying your a perspective buyer and then calling our car a p.o.s. your obviously just a troll.

marcw
06-10-09, 06:44 AM
.....Every car has problems, Caddy, Lexus, BMW, Ferarri etc... so your quest to find a car with no problems will sadly and likely take a few lifetimes.....

Agree with this!

Made by G_d = dies
Made by Man = breaks

Specifically in regard to the V's main competitor, the M5, let me tell you its no great fantastic reliable, non-squeaking machine. We had a number of issues with ours, a couple of them major. Just read this thread here (http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/80786-does-bmw-know-all-problems.html).

BMW is going to smaller displacement, forced induction engines on the next generation of M cars. They will likely have LESS power than current models. They likely will be more expensive, and have just as many, if not more issues with the way they have been going.

You can always find horror stories (http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/110142-okay-thats-ive-had-2006-bmw-m5-problems.html)with any model car.

So far (knock on wood), our V2 has been 100% perfect with no issues whatsoever, and seems every day to have been a good purchase. Like others, buying one was a leap of faith, but our thought was simply that the folks who designed and built the V2 were “trying harder”, while BMW, Merc, etc have been resting on their brand image.

pmsteinm
06-10-09, 10:18 AM
Back on topic:

3000 miles so far (got it in April).

My left front speaker stopped working yesterday morning. No bonging or turn signal sound either. Took it in right away and they found that the amplifier is the problem and ordered a new one.

I also had them adjust the driver door which didn't quite close flush with the rear door.

Uriel
06-10-09, 04:39 PM
My V2 has 8906 miles on the odo. Purchased early March. I have had only one problem. I CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE DRIVERS SEAT. Anybody else having this problem? Please advise solution.

RapidRob
06-10-09, 06:46 PM
^^^^ Same here!! Solution - wait for lousy weather. I refuse to drive it in the rain/snow, etc., for 2 reasons: 1. Mine v2 is black. 2. Can't drive the car in the manner it was designed for. I have Durango 4WD for the crappy WX times.

Rob

neuronbob
06-10-09, 07:52 PM
My V2 has 8906 miles on the odo. Purchased early March. I have had only one problem. I CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE DRIVERS SEAT. Anybody else having this problem? Please advise solution.

Sorry, bub, can't help you. I drive mine even in the rain (another advantage to silver, can't see the dirt!).

NeedCTS-v
06-10-09, 08:59 PM
So, I figured that I'd provide an update to the few problems I've mentioned as I just picked my car up from the dealer.

Issues mentioned to the dealer at drop off.

1. Wheel tick TSB.
They performed TSB and it seems to be fixed (so far). They said bring it back if I hear it again "no problem".

2. Squeak around sunroof. Admittedly I have not had the popping and mechanical issues others have experienced but more the sound of hard plastic from the trim ring. When I investigated it, I also found that the interior panel covering the B pillar was somewhat out of alignment and that the passenger side of the roof in general made noise when pressed (similar to the trim ring).
They completely realigned the panels and re-insulated the whole thing including the sun roof. It is "DEAD" quiet now, now flex, no noise, nothing. Note: this is the first time a dealer has ever responded to a noise complaint of mine.

3. Sun roof alignment (not sitting quite flush).
Fixed.

4. Intermittent no start issue.
They could not replicate this issue (I have not been able to since the first two instances).
More later.

Quality of service: Exceptional. They called me twice daily with updates. Called to ask me if I wanted them to wash the car, expressing that some customers prefer not to have their cars machine washed. Loaner car (Escalade). Dealt with a noise issue in earnest, not the typical "that's normal" BS (if it was normal why didn't the salesman advertise it as a feature). By all acounts I'm blown away with Covert Cadillac in Austin...Top shelf.

zevee
06-10-09, 09:29 PM
got my car back, bad sparkplug and now back to its glory.
reliability better then my last three german cars (MB,VW), all three were in the shop within a month of ownership with major problems. As to Toyota reliability, check the newest ratings, if thats the main concern then buy a Buick.

NeedCTS-v
06-10-09, 11:00 PM
got my car back, bad sparkplug and now back to its glory.
reliability better then my last three german cars (MB,VW), all three were in the shop within a month of ownership with major problems. As to Toyota reliability, check the newest ratings, if thats the main concern then buy a Buick.

That's better than a dropped cylinder :cloud9:

V-Love
06-11-09, 12:16 AM
Agree with this!

Made by G_d = dies
Made by Man = breaks

Yes, Sire!

Now, some of you guys get sick of all this rattling and get them back on the market. Lets keep this economy rollin' w/ a pre-owned in my driveway.

chris1268
06-11-09, 02:15 PM
So, I figured that I'd provide an update to the few problems I've mentioned as I just picked my car up from the dealer.

Issues mentioned to the dealer at drop off.

3. Sun roof alignment (not sitting quite flush).
Fixed.

Did they mention how they fixed this issue?

NeedCTS-v
06-11-09, 08:09 PM
Did they mention how they fixed this issue?

No, they didn't but I recall in another thread something about adjusting set screws, that it wasn't difficult for the dealer to do.

chukk
06-15-09, 01:50 PM
Not a show-stopper, but...sometimes the car will beep 3 times while I was walking away, like I've left my keys in the car. Today, after shutting the ignition, got the prompt, "key not detected, restart not allowed?" Out of curiosity, I did start the car and all was fine.

Just wondered if this was a known issue and if anyone else had experienced the same issue. I can't imagine my batteries are spent in the remote, as its only been a month since delivery.

jwa999
06-15-09, 02:26 PM
Not a show-stopper, but...sometimes the car will beep 3 times while I was walking away, like I've left my keys in the car. Today, after shutting the ignition, got the prompt, "key not detected, restart not allowed?" Out of curiosity, I did start the car and all was fine.

Just wondered if this was a known issue and if anyone else had experienced the same issue. I can't imagine my batteries are spent in the remote, as its only been a month since delivery.

Make sure you don't have your key near an other access keys or key cards for a building or garage. I noticed my trunk would not open when my key was next to my work's access card I had in the same pouch.

Hans.

chukk
06-15-09, 09:06 PM
Make sure you don't have your key near an other access keys or key cards for a building or garage. I noticed my trunk would not open when my key was next to my work's access card I had in the same pouch.

Hans.
Cool, that may have explained the 3 beeps when walking away from the car since I did have my laptop bag in the car with my work badge. It doesn't help with the error message about the "key not detected, restart not allowed error", since car was empty. Hopefully, it won't happen again, but just wanted to throw that out there to see if it was not a one-off. Thx

neuronbob
06-27-09, 03:03 PM
OK, my first serious problem.

I was out with my little boy today, doing errands in the V.

Restarted the car after 10 minutes at the post office and the car immediately ran VERY roughly, so much so that the car was visibly shaking. Two messages came up...."Engine running at reduced performance" (or similar), then "Service Traction Control", and the "check engine" light came on. I turned the car off, allowed about sixty seconds of rest, then restarted....same thing. After five minutes off and a visual check of the engine and under the car (nothing obvious there), I restarted again, and all was well, except that the engine light was on.

I was able to make one more stop before arriving home, and did so uneventfully. I immediately plugged in my trusty ScanGauge II and sure enough, there was one stored code. It was P0606. This is a PCM processor fault. A quick Google indicates that on GM vehicles this is something easily cleared, though it could mean that the PCM processor is really problematic. This was the ONLY code, there were no codes at all related to traction control.

I cleared the code with the ScanGauge, presuming it to be an electronic gremlin, and plan to observe the car carefully while driving--in fact, I'm going out to test the car again shortly as it's been at rest for over an hour at this point. I was already planning an oil change shortly, and plan to bring the car in to my local dealer for a more thorough check.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm thankful I wasn't stranded. I have no mods other than the WFM navi bypass and my Corsas.

I haven't seen any reports of this particular code in this car, and the only traction control incident reported is not relevant to my case.

Thanks!

Edit: After clearing the P0606 code, I got a bizarre code, B2AAA, and a thorough Google indicates that it is an unknown code other than to folks at GM itself. It is also listed as a reader error, but at least three types of code readers get the same thing. In any case, cleared out and will take to dealer.

neuronbob
06-27-09, 07:43 PM
Update: I drove about 20 miles this afternoon and no new issues cropped up. Probably just an electronic gremlin, but I'll be visiting the dealer still just in case.

Prof
06-27-09, 08:21 PM
About 2000 miles on mine...no issues to this point.

Nice daily driver, lots of comfort considerations.

I do have concerns with the reported lack of traction in cold/ice conditions...what have people had success with as alternative rubber?

RapidRob
06-27-09, 11:14 PM
^^^ It's been discussed here previously, although I can't seem to locate the thread now.:annoyed: A member here, ("Short-Throw"), did a thorough eval. of winter tires a few months ago, and came to the conclusion that Perelli Sottozero winter 240 tires were probably the best winter tires for our V2's, and can be purchased in the correct sizes, (front/rear). He obtained a 2nd set of wheels for winter, installed the Perelli's on them, and drove his v2 all winter in Chicago. As I recall, I think he reported that they performed well.

Rob

rp161
07-02-09, 10:52 AM
Windshield washer not working after 500 miles. So far everything else is OK and the fun level is still high.

cts-v2009
07-14-09, 09:15 AM
hi everyone

im new here ...

is this noise coming from my CTs-V whistling sound normal or what !!!

Thanks for any help

Fj-npccFlcY edited your link so it works ~ Rolex

vperl
07-15-09, 09:41 PM
Who is your dealership

Prof
07-19-09, 06:21 AM
^^^ It's been discussed here previously, although I can't seem to locate the thread now.:annoyed: A member here, ("Short-Throw"), did a thorough eval. of winter tires a few months ago, and came to the conclusion that Perelli Sottozero winter 240 tires were probably the best winter tires for our V2's, and can be purchased in the correct sizes, (front/rear). He obtained a 2nd set of wheels for winter, installed the Perelli's on them, and drove his v2 all winter in Chicago. As I recall, I think he reported that they performed well.

Rob

Thanks, I found the thread. I plan to replace the oem tires with the Sottozero's as the winter approaches (next week the way things are going here in northern Illinois!). Then through the winter I will locate some 20 inch wheels and when the winter passes (June or July...) I will switch back to the 20 inch wheels and new rubber, to be researched...

lemaman
07-19-09, 10:15 PM
I live in Texas, it's been 102 or so every damned day and 50% humidity so my Black on black V even with tinted windows is hotter than hades. the AC is slow to cool and that's my only beef. I've had denali's, and escalades that were fine, but the V AC leaves a little to be desired. I'm sure the heating won't be a problem in the winter. TC slides some in wet greasy pavement, but overall it works very well.

mik2718
07-19-09, 11:18 PM
I'm "enjoying" similar Texas weather (although the temp here did not make it to 100 today) and my red on ebony V stays nice and cool with the driver's temp set at 70 degrees. Are you sure your AC is functioning at the correct efficiency?

1-2-N-V
07-20-09, 07:49 AM
Any body else have this one? My heat ducts on the driver side only do cold air. heat works only on passenger and the rear. So on the cool mornings here in NY my defrost is only working on the right side. Calling the dealer now for all my issues. I think they give you a loaner. i gotta call today.

bruff1977
07-22-09, 12:08 PM
This may be a little ambitious, but it is possible for someone who has purchased one to put together a checklist to complete once an individual takes delivery? Based on the information in this post and the frequency of the issue along with normal things to inspect (lug torque, tire pressure, proper light operation, etc.) Something like this:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/22/camaro5-provides-68-point-checklist-when-picking-up-your-new-cam/

1-2-N-V
07-30-09, 08:28 PM
Any body else have this one? My heat ducts on the driver side only do cold air. heat works only on passenger and the rear. So on the cool mornings here in NY my defrost is only working on the right side. Calling the dealer now for all my issues. I think they give you a loaner. i gotta call today.

Well finally got my car back today from the dealer after 4 days. They fixed the loose carpet on drivers side kick panel. Cool. Attempted to fix creaking in sun roof. Said they adjusted the track or something. Said they did not hear it any more. OK... Still heard a small creak pulling out of their lot. Will Try Tony's idea of the Rubber seal lubricator. Just bought some now. The Recaro seat loose item seems better but i still felt it a bit . I will know better after a stern licking of the parkway (drive to work):sneaky: Lastly was my no heat on the drivers side vents. I just realized after they ripped my dash apart and replaced my heater core do to a restriction.:hide: I figured out after i see that they flushed my system and replaced my thermostat (i think that is what "Thermisto" on the invoice meant) Uhg! After i replaced my T Stat and broke that bolt and 12 hrs of toil and trouble of drilling out the bolt, I still had a slight leak so i put stop leak in the system. Maybe that plugged something? Well they did the work and called it a warranty job...$0.00 NC It seems that they would have noticed something odd with a through bolt and nut on that T stat neck. Maybe they just said they changed it but didn't or just did not say anything. You think they will send that to the GM for inspection and find this out? Well i am glad to not get that bill.... Maybe i will see how it runs now with the stock one (if is actually put back).
Thank god they didn't bust my horns.

Well anyway i got my car back BUT when i tried to put back the tune and upload Jesse's Tune revision i just got emailed before i put it into the shop, I now have a error 1017 I thought it was . I forget. I think someone else just had this also so i will check out that thread.

Later

Razorecko
07-30-09, 08:43 PM
Well finally got my car back today from the dealer after 4 days. They fixed the loose carpet on drivers side kick panel. Cool. Attempted to fix creaking in sun roof. Said they adjusted the track or something. Said they did not hear it any more. OK... Still heard a small creak pulling out of their lot. Will Try Tony's idea of the Rubber seal lubricator. Just bought some now. The Recaro seat loose item seems better but i still felt it a bit . I will know better after a stern licking of the parkway (drive to work):sneaky: Lastly was my no heat on the drivers side vents. I just realized after they ripped my dash apart and replaced my heater core do to a restriction.:hide: I figured out after i see that they flushed my system and replaced my thermostat (i think that is what "Thermisto" on the invoice meant) Uhg! After i replaced my T Stat and broke that bolt and 12 hrs of toil and trouble of drilling out the bolt, I still had a slight leak so i put stop leak in the system. Maybe that plugged something? Well they did the work and called it a warranty job...$0.00 NC It seems that they would have noticed something odd with a through bolt and nut on that T stat neck. Maybe they just said they changed it but didn't or just did not say anything. You think they will send that to the GM for inspection and find this out? Well i am glad to not get that bill.... Maybe i will see how it runs now with the stock one (if is actually put back).
Thank god they didn't bust my horns.

Well anyway i got my car back BUT when i tried to put back the tune and upload Jesse's Tune revision i just got emailed before i put it into the shop, I now have a error 1017 I thought it was . I forget. I think someone else just had this also so i will check out that thread.

Later

....wait so this was an issue with an aftermarket t-stat ??

1-2-N-V
07-30-09, 08:55 PM
....wait so this was an issue with an aftermarket t-stat ??

No. It may have been do to the fact that i snapped the bolt, drilled it out and still had a tiny pin hole leak around the mating surface of the hose neck. I was afraid to put anymore torque on the thing even though i went to steel bolts.. So put some Barrs Leak "guaranteed not to plug your coolant system".... So i really don't know what happened. :hmm: all i know it was a problem and they fixed it no questions asked.

Buzduz74
07-30-09, 09:01 PM

I suffer the same problem. There seemsd to be no fix !!!!!!!!!!!!

Razorecko
07-30-09, 09:12 PM
I suffer the same problem. There seemsd to be no fix !!!!!!!!!!!!

there is a fix....its called RAIN !! :rant2:

Hawkeye2
07-30-09, 09:38 PM
I've noticed so far. Loose carpet drivers side kick panel. Rear bumper does not line up at rear fender. If it
is flush on one side, it sticks out on the other. If I push on the rear bumper from the side it will move over
into place. And, the gas pedal is way too low for proper heel and toe shifting. That I'll fix myself when I
get some time.

cts-v2009
07-31-09, 03:44 AM
hi all

My cts-v is producing strange sound while im turning half turn like qeeeeeek ( only when drive the car for the first time in the day )

any one facing same problem

jwa999
07-31-09, 12:02 PM
hi all

My cts-v is producing strange sound while im turning half turn like qeeeeeek ( only when drive the car for the first time in the day )

any one facing same problem

Yes, I hear a rubbing coming from the rear on the very first turn. Goes away quickly. I attribute it to the oil in the differential not having a chance to move around.

cmicasa
08-01-09, 09:25 AM
No. It may have been do to the fact that i snapped the bolt, drilled it out and still had a tiny pin hole leak around the mating surface of the hose neck. I was afraid to put anymore torque on the thing even though i went to steel bolts.. So put some Barrs Leak "guaranteed not to plug your coolant system".... So i really don't know what happened. :hmm: all i know it was a problem and they fixed it no questions asked.

Your problem came from messing with a T-STAT housing on a brand new car and having to use BARR'S LEAK to try and stop the leak probably caused by over tightening your bolts. Did U use a Torque Wrench or not? Aluminum is never to be over tightened.

And Barr's Leak shouldn't be used for what your issue was. It was primarily created to handle RADIATOR issues.

chukk
08-05-09, 03:04 PM
Passenger side headlight assembly seal must be faulty. Water beaded up on inside and foggy. Hoping they can just replace the seal and don't replace the clear front lens because I have Paint Protection film on it. 2 1/2 months old and about 1300 miles.

evonomoreenVme
12-02-09, 01:42 PM
I have had a number of cars but so far after 10 days of ownership this car is awesome. Lets get the bad stuff out of the way first. Fit and finish is great not excellent. Some piss poor attention to detail by the worker on the floor has trim pieces that are not quite flush otherwise material touch and fell easily rvials that of BMW or Mercedes but does not exceed Lexus. Steering wheel is slightly out off center to the left which is annoying as I am anal about things being centered (have scheduled an appoitment to have fixed tomorrow). The squeeks and rattles seem to be a flexing issue as the car is very stiff chassis (again not Lexus level but similiar to what I have seen with Mercedes and BMW). :)The toys are awesome although why they didnt include headsup display and rear view camera I will never know. Engine sound is great very upscale muscle car and the power is very easy to modulate. I used the GMS discount and the 0% for 72 months which seemed a no brainer to me. Overall I am very pleased so far but I am not going to lie to you and tell you that I am not scared in buying this car. The Cadillac dealership staff dont have the same polish and drive as Lexus, Mercedes, etc etc. I dont know how well the V will hold up in resell and I pray that (even though the warranty is there) that I never have to use it.

roarkb
12-02-09, 09:51 PM
I have just over 8600 miles.

If you are changing the cleaning the windshield, be careful about standing up the wiper blades. They can touch the hood and nick the paint. This is a CTS probem, not directly related to being a V. My dealer provided touch up paint applied and buffed at no charge.

Drives wonderful, love all the stereo options with the harddrive, etc. Love the IPOD interface. Incredible gadgets.

Now fun the fun. Push push the pedal, it does not stop, can spin wheels at 75MPH... easy way to win $100!!!

I drove 3 friends to dinner from work a few nights ago. I was rather gentle with the car, although I did chirp the tires at 70 to show them it had power. As we returned to the parking lot at work, on of the guys commented, "I thought you would show us something that would scare us"....without saying a word...I pushed the traction control button to off, punched the accelerator and did a 360 degree burnout in the parking lot with all 4 of us in the car. Once the smoke cleared, he says " I won't say that again".

I have owned a lot of great cars, modified cars, etc. Nothing is even close to being this much fun.

roarkb
12-02-09, 10:22 PM

Our Lexus Dealer was going under and another dealership bought them out. Had to drive 90 miles to get warranty work, took multiple trips to get problem solved. It seems the new dealer is off to good start...time will tell. However, their new sales force is pompass...

After I drove the CTS-V, I realized the difference between power and buzz. Bought it on the spot after test drive. At 8000 miles it has only been to the dealer for oil changes...Not going back to the imports!!!

sefa01
12-03-09, 07:01 AM
I've had my 2009 V for a month now and, knock on wood, absolutely no problems. I'm keeping my fingers crossed since my V1 spent more than 120 days at the dealership for various problems during the first three years I owned it. It was a love/hate relationship (although much more love).

With all this talk about Lexus, I must say that my 1992 LS400 was the most trouble-free car I ever had. Owned it for nearly four years and it only needed oil changes and scheduled maintenance--and for that the dealer dropped off a loaner and picked up my car. Having said that, the car was boring and I was happy to get rid of it, trading it for a BMW 850.

JMJ
12-05-09, 01:17 PM
I was hearing a rattle noise commin from around the supercharger. I took it in and the MANAGER told me it was normal....I have no Idea what it is but I know that it cannot be normal. Its very annoying and embarassing to have a 60K+ car and it make a noise like an ol beater. Any Ideas?

dvandentop
12-05-09, 02:00 PM
I was hearing a rattle noise commin from around the supercharger. I took it in and the MANAGER told me it was normal....I have no Idea what it is but I know that it cannot be normal. Its very annoying and embarassing to have a 60K+ car and it make a noise like an ol beater. Any Ideas?

yes it is normal there has been some previous threads on it

JMJ
12-05-09, 02:12 PM
yes it is normal there has been some previous threads on it

I can belive that. :eek:

JMJ
12-05-09, 06:31 PM
I can belive that. :eek:

cadillac forums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/185476-engineering-response-s-c-shaft-wear. html

Now I can....:(

saintnickatnite
12-13-09, 09:27 AM
Have 2200 miles on my V. Only one issue cropped up, and not sure if it is an issue. Since she is broken in, I tried running in sport transmission mode, and it seemed to have two very rough shifts, one getting on the highway (really loud and deep) and one loud thunk when it was going back into first much earlier.
Car was fully warmed up, etc. Going to wait and see if it happens again then take it in to the dealer. Hopefully not an issue- anyone else have this?

09V
12-14-09, 10:58 PM
Among numerous other issues I have identified an oil leak that has been "repaired" by the dealer once. Retorque oil pan bolts, however the problem is still present. What a joke. I have had many new cars with this being the most expensive and this one has been to the dealer the most of all my cars. I can't explain it, but if it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any at all. I am about to find an alternative means of transportation if this isn't remedied soon. They have been able to enjoy my car more than me it seems. First Cadillac and I then proceeded to buy another and I should have steered clear. Very unfortunate, but I hope I am the only one with this many issues because if not then there are a lot of lemons on the road!

Tony407
12-15-09, 12:34 PM
Only one problem that seems to be unique to me, in that I haven't heard anyone else complain about it, is that virtually every time I use the parking brake, the traction control, stabilatrak, and ABS lights come on. If I don't use the brake, no problems whatsoever. But every once in a while I check to see if it's still an issue and I am then reminded that it is.

Other than that, I have experienced the dreaded wheel clicking and solved it by torquing the lug nuts to 158 ft lbs. And recently I have noticed that when turning at full wheel lock I get a binding, popping "4x4"-type noise. Seems like I'm in the only one with this problem either though.

Tony

neuronbob
12-15-09, 02:46 PM
I just hit 8000 miles this morning on the way to work. No problems whatsoever. The clicking in the wheels disappeared after I changed to winter rubber six weeks ago--I suspect the mechanic at the dealer torqued the lugs to the new spec, and I've put on 990 miles since then. No more Ultraview noises, haven't had those since the spring when the car was new. Had an traction control light come on immediately after my car was dyno'ed in September, but I suspect it was because the traction control doesn't like it when the rears are moving without the fronts. Went off after driving about 25 feet.

Next time I'm at the dealer I'll have them look at the diff bolts and the throttle body bolts to make sure they're not loose as observed by others on the board.

Car is tight as a drum, no squeaks, no isolator noise. Couldn't be more pleased. Thank you LGR plant!