: XLR-V Brake Caliper Upgrades (Available now)

Dr. Design
01-21-09, 09:27 PM
We have been getting alot of request for brake upgrades for the XLR & XLR-V applications. Most of you already know that the vehicle will not support excessive braking with hot spots and brake fade. We have worked with Rotora to develop a brake caliper upgrade kit.

Product Description – A great intermediate brake upgrade for those looking to increase braking performance by 15-20%. This caliper system replaces the futile factory 2-piston front calipers and single piston rears with beefy 4-piston calipers on all four corners. Aftermarket wheels are required for this modification and additional wheel clearance is needed to accommodate the larger calipers. Benefits include the following; decrease in required braking distance, improved brake feel, greater car control, decrease in brake fade, firm braking grip. Not sure about brake caliper clearance, no problem, our techs can provide you with the brake profile to ensure proper wheel clearance. Custom colors are available.

Caliper Kit: (Front) $1525.00 (Rear) $1245.00
Application: 2005-2009 XLR and XLR-V
*Includes mounting hardware & steel braided brake lines

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/_MG_5360_converted_bw_d3copy.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/_MG_5390_converted_D3.jpg

Please let us know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

vixapphire
01-23-09, 02:56 AM
1. is that car lowered? if so, how and what does it cost?

2. is that grille really blacked-out mesh and shadowline chrome, or is it just photoshopped color on the whole photo?

3. same as #2, but concerning those reflector "blades" in the headlight assemblies: are they smoked? if so, how and/or how much to buy the replacements (if self-installable) or to have done the conversion?

that is one mean ride. i'm test driving this weekend. silver looks good in photos, but then i see a clean black one and it's no contest.

Dr. Design
01-23-09, 12:30 PM
Hello,
Yes, the vehicle is lowered about an 1.5". The XLR-V uses ride height adjustment screws on the ends of the leaf springs. We just charge labor for lowering the vehicle since it requires no new parts. However that is just an option. We also offer a new coilover system that replaces the factory mono leaf springs. This will offer far greater handling without compromising the ride quality.

The vehicle pictured here actually has a blacked out grill with chrome Caddy emblem. All the chrome on the front of the car (less the emblem) has been black chromed.
Here is an image of the vehicle in color.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/_MG_5360_converted_color_d3copy.jpg

The headlights have not been altered in any way other than the picture being changed to black and white.

This is a great looking car. We seem to get a lot of black ones in here. We currently have 3 black XLR-V's here now in for work. It seems to be a very popular color....

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

1. is that car lowered? if so, how and what does it cost?

2. is that grille really blacked-out mesh and shadowline chrome, or is it just photoshopped color on the whole photo?

3. same as #2, but concerning those reflector "blades" in the headlight assemblies: are they smoked? if so, how and/or how much to buy the replacements (if self-installable) or to have done the conversion?

that is one mean ride. i'm test driving this weekend. silver looks good in photos, but then i see a clean black one and it's no contest.

vixapphire
01-26-09, 01:24 AM
is the black grille something you guys sell, do the mod using the owner-supplied part, or ???

what is the price on one of those?

Fire and Ice
01-26-09, 02:12 PM
We offer two options for the XLR-V black chrome conversion:

If you would like new parts:
The upper grille is $705.00 in black chrome
The lower grille is $570.00 in black chrome
The hood trim is $128.00 in black chrome

Or you can send us your upper and lower grille and hood trim and we can have them done in black chrome for $350.00.

These grilles also fit and make a nice upgrade to the non V-series XLR.

Thank you.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
01-27-09, 03:16 AM
"futile factory 2-piston front calipers and single piston rears"

Is that all the stock XLR-V comes with? Or is that in reference to a base XLR?

Dr. Design
01-27-09, 12:42 PM
Yes, the only difference is the V-series comes with an embossed V-series logo on the caliper... It also comes with a "brembo" cross drilled rotor. Either way the vehicle needs additional brake cooling and much more clamping force...

Let us know if there are any questions.
Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

"futile factory 2-piston front calipers and single piston rears"

Is that all the stock XLR-V comes with? Or is that in reference to a base XLR?