: GM Topped-Off Earnings

OldDrummer55
01-20-09, 08:29 PM
My snail mail arrived today with a "Time is Running Out!" flyer from GM. With reference to "owner loyalty, bonus cash, and special GMAC financing" my face broke out into a sweat and my hands trembled... Surely the gods had answered my prayers and made it easier to purchase a V2!!! I opened the flyer and found the GM bean counters were upping my GM Card earnings to $3k, BUT only if I acted by February 2nd, 2009!!!! Gadzooks! I scan the cars listing for the usual suspect exceptions... WHAT!?! Corvettes are included except for the ZR-1! Cadillacs too! :bouncy: Wait a minute... in really small letters next to the "CTS" is states, "excl. CTS-V." :crying: Cruel, cruel GM...

dvandentop
01-20-09, 08:56 PM
sadly i doubt i will ever get to use my earnings on anything if they keep excluding the decent cars

Caddyscat
01-20-09, 09:11 PM
What a pile of sheeyat. You use your card - to earn a discount on a damn GM made car and they put asterisks on what you can and can't use it for. I can't believe that. Bastards.

CIWS
01-21-09, 08:54 AM
Then go get a Z06 :D

jvp
01-21-09, 09:15 AM
in really small letters next to the "CTS" is states, "excl. CTS-V."

As a long-time GM Card holder, I'm curious about this one. Could you use your normal earnings on a V2? Just not this special deal?

I think I can use the earnings on my card for a V2. When I go to the GM Card website, it shows the CTS-V as an eligible vehicle for my earnings. But, it's possible I'm misreading the page.

jas

nc09v2
01-21-09, 06:47 PM
I can't speak for the later iterations of GM card plans, but I was eligible and used 100% of my rebate on the 09 V.

OldDrummer55
01-21-09, 08:51 PM
Then go get a Z06 :D

Hmmm... wife or six year old will be on the roof!

CVP33
01-21-09, 09:22 PM

I'd go with the 6 yo. That would help your drag and lower your center of gravity.

CIWS
01-21-09, 09:26 PM

It's not my fault you have those to contend with ;)

OldDrummer55
01-22-09, 02:31 AM
Drag... center of gravity... you guys must be engineers! I'm a drummer and that thar talk makes my head hurt! :bonkers::bonkers: As said earlier, GM is being chicken$hit in not allowing the extra allowance.

Uncle Meat
01-22-09, 09:08 AM
Then go get a Z06 :DThat's exactly what I did! The deals on new ZO6's right now are just too good! I dropped my quest for the CTS-V and ordered a brand new Cyber Gray '09 ZO6. Got a TPW of 3/2 just last night.

U.M.

OldDrummer55
01-22-09, 01:35 PM
That's exactly what I did! The deals on new ZO6's right now are just too good! I dropped my quest for the CTS-V and ordered a brand new Cyber Gray '09 ZO6. Got a TPW of 3/2 just last night.

U.M.

Would you share with us what type of deal you received? Thanks.