: help installing harmonic balancer 94 fleetwood

ocjmakaveli
01-20-09, 07:15 PM
ok so im doing the opti on my 94 fleetwood and i am putting the harmonic balancer back in place but the tool i got from autozone doesnt fit none of the adapters are working for the center harmonic bolt

what size is the center harmonic balancer bolt?

i tried all 10 adapters that come in the install kit and nothing worked for me

thefleetwoodguy
01-20-09, 09:52 PM
ok so im doing the opti on my 94 fleetwood and i am putting the harmonic balancer back in place but the tool i got from autozone doesnt fit none of the adapters are working for the center harmonic bolt

what size is the center harmonic balancer bolt?

i tried all 10 adapters that come in the install kit and nothing worked for me

sounds like your trying to remove the "hub" from the crank snout,
the balancer comes off with three bolts, then the puller, if you clean the surfaces good I/E emery cloth, the balancer should go on very easy, just tighten the three bolts evenly until it seats against the hub,
please explain, there is no need to remove the bolt thats dead center on the crank/balancer

ocjmakaveli
01-20-09, 11:15 PM
ok well the cadillac manual said to remove the center bolt or i couldve possibly read it incorrectly but as of current I cant put the hub back on far enough so thati can just tighten the 3 pulley bolt in order to get it secured so I rented 2 different harmonic installers and neither one of the kits has the correct thread adapter so I can thread it in the center bolt hole so i can secure the balancer in far enough so that i can just use the 3 pulley bolts...

im going to just try cleaning it a little and try to stick it in far enough so i can use the 3 pulley bolts to secure it.

By any chance though does anybody know what kind of bolt the center harmonic balancer bolt is supposed to be? I can't find that bolt at all. I'm going to have to replace it i guess.

my kit comes with all sorts of thread adapter like m12 m14 and 7/16 1/2 etc but none of them thread onto the center of my harmonic balancer

im really frustrated with this any help would be appreciated hopefully u guys can understand what i just typed im really tired and i dont think what i typped out is well written......

thefleetwoodguy
01-20-09, 11:28 PM
take the center part that go's onto the crank snout, heat it at 450 degrees in the oven for about 15 minutes, then with heavy gloves, put it on the snout and tap it on with a mallet, at least far enought to get the bolt started, the heat will expand it enough to help get it started,