: Have some DVD/Navigation bypass boxes in stock.

wait4me
01-20-09, 11:13 AM
Hi guys, If anyone wants full control of thier dvd player and navigation at any time including driving. I have 3 more boxes in stock.

They are only $305 shipped to your door. Takes about 20 minutes to put it in and comes with an install vid on cd. :)

These are just plug in and go. No cutting/ splicing ect...

Jessebubb@yahoo.com with any questions. 574-267-3630

caddynoob
01-20-09, 11:27 AM
To me, $305 is rather expensive to unlock a simple feature like that. :eek:

LITTLEELVISDAN
01-20-09, 12:22 PM
It aint simple. The STS-V guys have been searching to no avail.. Only way is a lockpick splice cable or this box. Both are abouthte same price. Good luck on hacking the software... There is about a 200 page thread that hasn't solved the problem yet..

chris1268
01-20-09, 12:52 PM
Hi guys, If anyone wants full control of thier dvd player and navigation at any time including driving. I have 3 more boxes in stock.

They are only $305 shipped to your door. Takes about 20 minutes to put it in and comes with an install vid on cd. :)

These are just plug in and go. No cutting/ splicing ect...

Jessebubb@yahoo.com with any questions. 574-267-3630

Where does the box go and how large is it?

wait4me
01-20-09, 01:27 PM
It is very small and fits behind the metal silver box of the radio.

GM-4-LIFE
01-20-09, 01:38 PM
wait4me,

I am very interested in this item you have available. Can you post the video so I can see if it is something I can install myself at home?

Thanks!

SG

poor-sha
01-20-09, 03:04 PM
Is this specific to the CTS or does it work with other GM models with factory nav? I have an '08 Chevy 3500HD with nav/dvd and absolutely hate this nanny feature.

james4513
01-20-09, 03:23 PM
Yes, please post instructions and/or video. I'd be interested if it is a simple, clean install.

wait4me
01-20-09, 10:14 PM
Ill post a video on thursday. It take less than 30 minutes and anyone can do it. Very Very simple. You just undo the stock harness and plug them in place. I can also answer phone calls if you have questions on the install.

Also, poor-sha, "nice name by the way" Yes i have one for your 08. Those are $255 shipped i believe.

If i can get 5 guys lined up then ill cover the shipping. :)

OldDrummer55
01-21-09, 08:00 PM
Ill post a video on thursday. It take less than 30 minutes and anyone can do it. Very Very simple. You just undo the stock harness and plug them in place. I can also answer phone calls if you have questions on the install.

Also, poor-sha, "nice name by the way" Yes i have one for your 08. Those are $255 shipped i believe.

If i can get 5 guys lined up then ill cover the shipping. :)

2008 Yukon Denali?

wait4me
01-21-09, 08:20 PM
Yes the yukon denali is also supported. $255 shipped

edsuski
01-22-09, 07:31 AM
What other features does it support? Back-up camera etc.?

wait4me
01-22-09, 11:07 AM
No other features yet, but im working on it. I have found some spare video inputs and outputs from the radio, just havent found the right command to turn them on.

This box just plugs in and it makes the dvd/nav work just like you are not having the engine running.. You dont even have to press any buttons, unless you want to set it that way. It will always just unlock the feature when you turn on the car.

odla
01-22-09, 11:24 AM
how about us v1 guys? have the same for us?

MionJaCon
01-22-09, 11:53 AM
Wait4me, tried contacting you but noone ever answers the phone and the mailbox is full

wait4me
01-22-09, 12:04 PM
sorry i have been the phones non stop.. try again, ill be here.

wait4me
01-22-09, 02:20 PM
im uploading the video on youtube right now for you guys on the install. Ill post the exact link when it is done uploading.

wait4me
01-22-09, 02:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqZO9-zQHX8

wait4me
02-16-09, 11:31 AM
I have just a few more of these left for those who need them. :)

MYV8ABMR
02-17-09, 11:19 AM
I love my bypass! Thanks again Jesse!

hotrod04
03-01-09, 07:24 PM
I have just a few more of these left for those who need them. :)

Will the box work on a 2006 escalade??

clubho
04-10-09, 06:43 PM
Wait4me, tried contacting you but noone ever answers the phone and the mailbox is full

this note concerns me. Is this legit? I remember on my 05 V you could just start playing the DVD and hit the old two button combo and away you go it would keep playing...

neuronbob
04-10-09, 07:03 PM
Hey Jesse, do you have any more of these? That might be a good use of around $300.

surgin
04-10-09, 09:55 PM
jesse, you rock! i just went to your website and clicked on products and this goodie wasn't listed(very little is by the way) what other stuff are you hiding?

Razorecko
04-10-09, 09:59 PM
U have a pm J

Mystical_Ice
04-11-09, 01:49 AM
hey anything for the V1s? ;)

neuronbob
04-11-09, 06:17 AM
U have a pm J

And from me, too.

CIWS
04-11-09, 09:58 AM
this note concerns me. Is this legit? I remember on my 05 V you could just start playing the DVD and hit the old two button combo and away you go it would keep playing...

The V1s had a bypass that allowed one to view DVDs, without any controls, while driving. It's the only model that did, all others are locked out. The current lockpic allows one to view and control a DVD and also unlocks several of the Navigation functions that are normally unavailable. If one was made for my year model I would already have it, but I'm SOL. Some of the stuff they lock out is just down right silly.

neuronbob
04-16-09, 08:29 PM
THANK YOU, JESSE!

My bypass came today. 1-day Priority Mail shipping from the next state over FTW! :thumbsup: I'm hoping to have enough time this weekend to install it. The install movie is already loaded/bookmarked on my iPhone for easy install. Awesome!

clubho
04-27-09, 06:35 PM
The V1s had a bypass that allowed one to view DVDs, without any controls, while driving. It's the only model that did, all others are locked out. The current lockpic allows one to view and control a DVD and also unlocks several of the Navigation functions that are normally unavailable. If one was made for my year model I would already have it, but I'm SOL. Some of the stuff they lock out is just down right silly.

thanks.

aquatist23
05-13-09, 03:41 AM
Do you have a box for a 2009 Silverado?

wait4me
05-13-09, 10:06 AM
emailed you back this morning. Yes we have them still. :)

PrimaryW
11-21-09, 01:13 PM
I'm interested. I have the 2010 CTS-V. So, I understand this will allow me to play DVD's in the front navi screen while the car is moving?

emailed you back this morning. Yes we have them still. :)

Somefun
03-21-10, 09:06 AM
Guy's the only part I don't get is why would you not want the two switches in automatic? Does it screw some thing up? Why would you want it so you have the push the mute button 4 times?

wait4me
03-22-10, 09:04 AM
The unit is just plug and play. It always just unlocks everything for you. There are no buttons needed to be pressed. It always just allows for full functions always.

Somefun
03-22-10, 09:18 AM
The unit is just plug and play. It always just unlocks everything for you. There are no buttons needed to be pressed. It always just allows for full functions always.

Thanks Jess....Got it in done deal...Was real easy. The hardest part was learning how to take the car apart without marking anything up.....It works great!!!!

Gotham CTS-V
03-22-10, 03:38 PM
I have the box, just afraid to open the car up and install it!

Somefun
03-22-10, 03:44 PM
I have the box, just afraid to open the car up and install it!

Come on jump in the waters fine.....lol it was not that bad... hardest part was learning how to take it apart...

Gotham CTS-V
03-22-10, 03:55 PM
Come on jump in the waters fine.....lol it was not that bad... hardest part was learning how to take it apart...

Exactly! :hide: I don't want to take it apart and get stuck somewhere or have problems putting it back together! Lol

How long did it take you and what were the tricky/hard parts?

GMX322V S/C
03-22-10, 11:36 PM
^^^
Get the right plastic trim removal tools (20 bucks on eBay) and cover the shifter with a sock before you pull the center stack panel out. The "hardest" part was dressing the harnesses back in nice and neatly so nothing was binding/crushed--meaning the whole job is not very hard at all.

Somefun
03-23-10, 10:49 AM
Exactly! :hide: I don't want to take it apart and get stuck somewhere or have problems putting it back together! Lol

How long did it take you and what were the tricky/hard parts?

It was easy. The hardest part was the trim around the shifter. Just take your time and put tape on the consol ans trim so you don't scratch anything. I used a gasket scraper to pop it off. It's real thin and worked well. Watch Jesse vid on you tube and it shows how to get it done.....Good luck! Half the fun of modding a ride it doing it your self!!!

awaterworld
03-23-10, 11:13 AM
What about the 08 XLR? it looks just like many of the Caddy nav's. I am looking for the motion overide and video input. I have found someone who will add the video (have to send them the unit), but they are not sure about the overide. I have the service manuals,, and if someone does not come up with something for this soon,, I will be doing it myself,, nothing is impossible.

thanks!

Gotham CTS-V
03-23-10, 12:05 PM
Alright guys, next sunday where the weather is clear I'll perform some surgery on my baby lol. Thanks for the help.

neuronbob
03-23-10, 12:17 PM
I have ten thumbs and still did this by myself. No worries, Gotham! Just follow Jesse's video to the letter and you'll be fine.

Razorecko
05-18-10, 10:17 AM
Hey Jesse, any box's that will work with the 2010 srx's w/ rear entertainment system ? I thought the nav setup would be like the V's but its largely upgraded.

thatcoder
05-18-10, 06:19 PM
any more of these in stock?

wait4me
05-19-10, 10:29 AM
Yes we always try to keep 1 or 2 around for you guys.

2baddogs
05-19-10, 11:09 AM
Hey Jes,
I put my order in on Mon and sent PayPal pmt. Can you verify that you received it and shipped? thanks

Pat
Las Vegas

wait4me
05-19-10, 11:14 AM
yes it was shipped, you should have it any second.

2baddogs
05-24-10, 11:14 AM
Jes,
Nothing yet, do you have a tracking number you can email me?

thatcoder
05-24-10, 11:16 AM
Do any of you that have done this install have recommendations on what tool to use to remove the trim?

Razorecko
05-24-10, 11:18 AM
Hey Jesse, any box's that will work with the 2010 srx's w/ rear entertainment system ? I thought the nav setup would be like the V's but its largely upgraded.

????

2baddogs
05-24-10, 04:32 PM
dupe post <edit>

thatcoder
05-24-10, 05:46 PM
Jess,

When I contacted you about purchasing this, you indicated you had 2-3 in stock. I sent payment that day, and upon receiving the payment, I was informed by Hannah that it'll be shipping via 2-3 day priority mail. Today approximately 2-3 days after, I inquire about a tracking number, and I'm told the item is on back order, and it'll ship when it becomes available. If this is how you conduct business, I am sorry but I think it is extremely unprofessional. When can I expect the item? otherwise, I'd like a refund, as waiting indefinitely is not something I intended on doing.

Thanks,

JB

GMX322V S/C
05-25-10, 12:42 AM
Do any of you that have done this install have recommendations on what tool to use to remove the trim?I used these: http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Piece-NO-SCRATCH-NYLON-PRY-BAR-KIT-Trim-Removal-Tools-/270579645393?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3effcdbbd1 --but there are many others...

IBNR
05-25-10, 05:09 PM
Hey, thanks for the link on the trim removal tools. Those look great and I just ordered a set for myself.

2baddogs
05-25-10, 06:51 PM
Still no response from Jesse.............and no unlocker.

2baddogs
05-25-10, 08:30 PM
Jesse,
I have sent a request to have my PayPal payment returned, please execute asap or send me the tracking number.

pat

2baddogs
05-26-10, 10:35 AM
I finally received my shipping information, should have the unlocker today. Its unfortunate that there isnt better communication from Wait4Me, it would eliminate alot of confusion/frustration.

Ill update with my install experience and performance of the unlocker early next week.

SpeedRacer1
11-08-10, 01:44 AM
Does this also give you back the keypad for dialing your bluetooth phone?

wait4me
11-08-10, 08:38 AM
yes everything works all the time.

rbanshee1
06-16-12, 03:13 PM
It is very small and fits behind the metal silver box of the radio.
Need a DVD unlocker for my 09 v,do you still have them? Please pm me thank you

taken
06-21-12, 06:57 AM
I've been buying Coastal Tech Lockpicks for all my vehicles for years. Always plenty in stock and work flawlessly. Here is the CTS unit, but they have them for all the other cars people have been inquiring about too. http://www.coastaletech.com/CTS_LOCKPICK.htm NAVTV makes one too that's also 300 bucks. I usually install these myself since it's super simple. However on my last V, a 2010, I was having a back up cam installed and some audio work done. The shop that was doing it carried NAVTV products and put it in for free since the dash was going to be open anyways. When I sold the car, I pulled it to find that a splice has to be made in the harness for the NAVTV unit. No big deal, but on my new V, I will be going back to Coastal Tech for true plug and play. Oh, and they answer their phone too. I like that in a company....

rbanshee1
06-23-12, 09:38 PM
I've been buying Coastal Tech Lockpicks for all my vehicles for years. Always plenty in stock and work flawlessly. Here is the CTS unit, but they have them for all the other cars people have been inquiring about too. http://www.coastaletech.com/CTS_LOCKPICK.htm NAVTV makes one too that's also 300 bucks. I usually install these myself since it's super simple. However on my last V, a 2010, I was having a back up cam installed and some audio work done. The shop that was doing it carried NAVTV products and put it in for free since the dash was going to be open anyways. When I sold the car, I pulled it to find that a splice has to be made in the harness for the NAVTV unit. No big deal, but on my new V, I will be going back to Coastal Tech for true plug and play. Oh, and they answer their phone too. I like that in a company....

Thank you

taken
06-24-12, 10:00 AM
Thank you

Glad to help!

bsk997
07-01-12, 03:12 AM
Anybody know if the costal tech lockpick works on the 2011/2012 CTS-Vs?
Their website says its for 08-10.

Are there any other lockpics that work since it seems like wait4me doesn't sell his any more?

taken
07-01-12, 08:08 AM
Yes, the Coastal Tech will work. They just haven't updated their site. I called them on it when I ordered my 2013 and they confirmed. You can call too before ordering, but I'm sure you'll be fine....

Almondted
07-01-12, 10:51 AM
Here is the reply I got last week from them.

Support support@coastaletech.com

Jun 25 (6 days ago)

to me

Hello,

Thank you so much for your inquiry. Unfortunately at this time your 2011 CTS is not on the approved list of vehicles that work with the LockPick product. However, we are always adding new makes and models to the lineup. I would recommend checking back with us within a couple of months to ensure compatibility with your particular vehicle. Thanks again and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

taken
07-01-12, 11:33 AM
That's funny they would say that. They told me it would be fine. I'm thinking they just haven't tested it yet so they were playing it safe with a printed reply. Since the radio is identical, I would bet money it will be fine. In fact, in a month when my car comes in, I'll be buying one and installing....

Almondted
07-01-12, 01:18 PM
That's funny they would say that. They told me it would be fine. I'm thinking they just haven't tested it yet so they were playing it safe with a printed reply. Since the radio is identical, I would bet money it will be fine. In fact, in a month when my car comes in, I'll be buying one and installing....

You are probably right. Let us know if it works.

taken
07-01-12, 01:34 PM
You are probably right. Let us know if it works.

Will do!

xmaciek82x
07-12-12, 11:56 AM
So I'm a little confused, the costal tech lockpick unit always needs you to press the mute botton 4 times to unlock the full functionality of DVD and Navi, but Jesse's unit has no botton pressing requirement? Can the costal tech lockpick one also be setup that no extra bottons are required and it just works all the time?

taken
07-12-12, 12:39 PM
I think that's the norm with Cadillac. My navtv was the same but with the mirror button.

taken
08-06-12, 05:42 PM
So, I was having a sub and amp put in anyway, so I just had them do another NAVTV unit. Lazy I guess. So, I can't answer the question about Coastal and 2013's. I do like that with the NAVTV you only press a button once to activate the destination in motion. What you do is make sure neither left or right mirrors are selected. Then the left mirror adjustment is destination in motion. The right is video in motion. The down button is to turn on your back up camera at any time. The up button can activate an aftermarket forward facing camera at any time. I'm thinking I will add one to keep an eye on curbs while parking. I guess there is always something else to spend on!!

pank
08-22-12, 07:26 AM
nevermind, I found my answer.....lol I was wondering if I had to splice for the NAV TV

smowre
01-08-13, 12:12 PM
I have a 09 XLR and looking to install or have someone modify my video screen for a back up camera so the the is seen on it - not a mirror.

Do you know anyone in Arizona or is their a product for this?
Thanks.