: Steering wheel swap

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
01-19-09, 01:12 PM
Does anyone know how hard it is to swap a steering wheel from a '94-'96 Fleetwood into a '93 Fleetwood. I wouldn't mind having a '93 Fleetwood but I hate that square steering wheel.

Aron9000
01-20-09, 12:49 AM
I personally wouldn't mess with it since its an airbag wheel. They changed the airbag with the new wheel, so you might need new sensors, new airbag computer, etc to make the swap. Besides, the 1993 wheel has those cool grips at the 10 and 2 oclock position.

Just buy a 94-96. You get the LT1 with 70 more horsepower. YEE-HAW!!!

96Fleetwood
01-20-09, 08:05 AM
You need to make sure the airbag clockspring is interchangeable. If you can find that out and it is, then it should be an easy swap.

Are you in the market for a 1993 Fleetwood? A good friend of mine in Addison, IL is selling his '93 with 68K original miles. I was going to buy it from him but I wanted to wait till Spring. It is a rust free Las Vegas car.

Here is a pic:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j69/leloz/fleetwood7.jpg

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
01-20-09, 11:47 AM
^ Dammit Elias, you are making me wish I had more money again! That car is gorgeous and probably way out of my price range. If he would let it go for about $1500 or is willing to trade for my Rodeo + some cash then its a deal, but that ain't gonna happen. I am trying to save up to fix my Fleetwood this summer but it had a very,very long list of things that need fixing. Plus it is slowly degrading and I am thinking about just selling it off for cheap and using the money I have saved up to fix it to spend on a nice summer or year round Caddy.

I check Craigslist regularly looking for a replacement for my '95 but I will never get a car as nice as that was for the same price. I have never been in a B body Fleetwood before though so I have to see how it rides compared to a DeVille. It is also nice to have something that easily fits in my garage and a Fleetwood will be just a tad long. :)

96Fleetwood
01-20-09, 05:34 PM
If you can find a '93 Sixty Special Ultra, that might be the ticket. My Father had two of them and they were nice daily drivers/collectible modern Cadillacs. The seats in them are heaven!