: MT owners......short shifter??

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
01-19-09, 10:56 AM
wanted to know if the MT V2's could benefit from a short throw shifter. We have had great success with the UUC ss for the 04-07's and may look into one for the 09's-

Cub Cadet
01-19-09, 01:14 PM
Yes, this would be well worth it. The factory shifter seems nice on the throws, but something shorter and more precise would be better!

Razorecko
01-19-09, 01:27 PM
Yea it looks a little high. I was wondering though - can you rest your forearm on the console and shift or is the console bin to far forward towards the engine. Meaning can you rest your elbow or do you have to have it in the air. Because if you have to keep it in the air than making the shifter shorter might make it more uncomfortable as you'd have youre elbow now even higher up.

Nutz
01-19-09, 06:47 PM
There will be a market for shifters. I'd say do it. The manual I drove was an improvement from previous, BUT NOT as good as a tight close UUC.

RapidRob
01-19-09, 11:56 PM
Sorry for being a dummy, but what exactly is a, "UUC ss"? I've got a M6 V2 ordered and may be interested.

Never mind - just found it on Lindsay's web site, but still may be interested. I'll find out when I can finally drive my V2 to see how it shifts ...

Rob