: Tom Brady hasnt got his award car yet...

Vesicant
06-29-04, 08:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1831624&partnersite=espn

There was some manufacturing issues, and delivery issues...

Elvis
06-29-04, 09:20 PM
That sux. They should offer him two of whatever he wants to compensate.

T_Dogg8
06-30-04, 07:37 AM
That sux. They should offer him two of whatever he wants to compensate.
might be a nice gesture. but really. does the guy really need the one in the first place?? i don't think he was bumming rides for the last few months because of it. i do agree it sucks he didn't get it right away like anyone should if they're giving one. but at the same time, i don't feel sorry for him.

Stoneage_Caddy
06-30-04, 11:27 AM
so i guess the XLR that was sitting on the feild wasnt for him ? i woulda asked for that one , means more the car was there dureing his game ...

then this : "I'm not driving this damn car, that's for sure," said Brady.

sounds like he doesnt want it , lets send him a all new Chevy Aveo ........

not sure i would be complaining , not every day someone gets a 80 thousand dollar cadillac given to them

T_Dogg8
06-30-04, 12:00 PM
so i guess the XLR that was sitting on the feild wasnt for him ? i woulda asked for that one , means more the car was there dureing his game ...

then this : "I'm not driving this damn car, that's for sure," said Brady.

sounds like he doesnt want it , lets send him a all new Chevy Aveo ........

not sure i would be complaining , not every day someone gets a 80 thousand dollar cadillac given to them
i agree. if he's that upset, go buy one. he can afford it. and then he could have two.

anyone else wonder why people like that have cars given to them, but someone like me who would really appreciate the car for what it is and for the gesture of someone giving me something so nice, does get one??

tru504187211
06-30-04, 03:22 PM
He doesn't have it because it is in my garage. But anyways, how true it is, does he really really need an XLR?? Play one great game for 3 hours, and we'll give you $80,000 worth of car to compensate you for your troubles. (troubles being having to run around and throw a ball)

T_Dogg8
06-30-04, 03:30 PM
yeah really. and it's not like he wasn't getting paid to play in that game. i think it's dumb when celeberties go out somewhere and other people see them and pay for their stuff because they think they'll become friends because of it. he's making millions, he can buy his own. i think it's great of cadillac to promote themselves like that. they get coverage the whole game, but it's kind of cry-babyish of brady to whine later when he hasn't gotten it yet. and he didn't even say about the delivery problems, he just said he hadn't gotten yet and implied he was upset about it since he got his first one in 3 weeks. it was his agents who told about the problems.

Elvis
06-30-04, 06:07 PM
The way I look at it, it doesn't matter whether we're supposed to feel sorry for him or not. Cadillac supposedly paid for a huge advertising block during the Super Bowl. Part of that obligation was to deliver a vehicle to the MVP. They haven't lived up to their end of the bargain, yet they still got all the publicity as if they had fulfilled their obligation. It's a question of ethics.

Andrew60SP
07-01-04, 04:46 AM
I don't think it's an XLR he's waiting for..

http://www.wieck.com/public/*2PV_065149

T_Dogg8
07-01-04, 07:51 AM
The way I look at it, it doesn't matter whether we're supposed to feel sorry for him or not. Cadillac supposedly paid for a huge advertising block during the Super Bowl. Part of that obligation was to deliver a vehicle to the MVP. They haven't lived up to their end of the bargain, yet they still got all the publicity as if they had fulfilled their obligation. It's a question of ethics.
but i don't think all of it was cadillac's fault. i don't think they helped, but i think there was some confusion from tom brady's end on some things. what i don't like is how he 'forgets' to mention that in his interview, but his agents confirm it after cadillac provides their defense.

cruzajc1
07-01-04, 07:52 AM
A deal is a Deal, I don't care if it was for Sadaam Hussien, Cadillac should live up to its promise and the Marketing guy should be hung!

Gus

cruzajc1@aol.com :devil:

Stoneage_Caddy
07-01-04, 07:20 PM
if it was indeed a regualr production escalade esv then there is no excuse for his wait ...do note he wrote 20 inch rims on the board , this may mean he is waiting on the special edition escalade that is supposed to arrive with 20 inch wheels thats coming out, i could see a wait for that

T_Dogg8
07-02-04, 08:11 AM
if it was indeed a regualr production escalade esv then there is no excuse for his wait ...do note he wrote 20 inch rims on the board , this may mean he is waiting on the special edition escalade that is supposed to arrive with 20 inch wheels thats coming out, i could see a wait for that
really, whens the last time a sports star got a 'regular production' car. i'm sure he was getting a bunch of bells and whistles installed before it hits his doorstep. that could be the confusion of the delivery place. it might not being to his house, but after cadillac finishes it, it's probably going straight to a custom shop for more custom stuff.

Dead Sled
07-04-04, 11:14 PM
:rolleyes2 aww poor baby It must be so diffufult to be in such hardship